1. F1 2016: We have just announced Season 13 of the AOR F1 Leagues! Read the full announcement here.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured DiRT DiRT Rally Season 3 to get underway!

Discussion in 'AOR News Feed' started by DemoN F1, Feb 25, 2017.

1. DemoN F1

DemoN F1 DiRT Coordinator DiRT Coordinator Premium Member Content Producer

97%
    Dirt S3 Article.jpg

The 6th of March will see the return of the AOR Rally league on DiRT Rally, with a host of changes from Season 2 to make it an even more exciting experience for all!

Firstly though, there are no personnel changes, with all five coordinators (PC - @Race Fanatic, XBox - @The Genius, PS4 - @Tigerkart_22, @RBOS_00, @DemoN F1) returning to unite all three platforms, which is still a unique feature to any league on AOR.

Now for the exciting stuff! Our biggest new feature for the new season is the separation of the league into two tiers, the World Championship and the Pro Championship. The World Championship is for the drivers who excelled in season two, and managed to acquire a super license. This was done to create a more competitive feel about the league for these drivers. The World Championship is also set to have team managers in a revolutionary addition to the league. These team managers will be confirmed later in the sign up process when we know how exactly how many drivers we are dealing with for the World Championship. The team managers will select their drivers and go head to head with each other in a fight to the death for the World Constructor's Championship Title. This will free up the Pro Championship for the more casual player too, as there will be added incentive with more points likely to be on offer to them with last season's heavy weights moving on to the World Championship.

The new season will also see a change to both the calendar and the cars that are used. During season two we ran one half of each country's stages, which means that this season we are able to run entirely different stages to last season to keep the drivers on their toes. Furthermore, drivers in the World Championship will get to chose from the Citroen C4 Rally and the Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, which provide a slightly faster experience than the drivers in the Pro Championship, which will get to chose from the Subaru Impreza 2001 and the Ford Focus RS Rally 2001.

This leaves us with one last, big announcement. Season three will feature a highlights show of each round shown on @FisiFan91's channel, commentated solely by @Ali Kidd, a Pro Championship driver and aspiring commentator. The highlights will be primarily focused on the World Championship; in a similar style to the official WRC highlights show, there will be clips of action from the protagonists in the World Championship, and updates of how the Rally is progressing after each stage with the standings of the highest performers being updated throughout. The highlights will also feature the results of the event from the Pro Championship, so everyone's successes can be celebrated in the highlights. And finally, the videos will feature a section dedicated to the top five best crashes of each event, as we also celebrate some of the most epic failures of the drivers.

Now all that is left to be done is sign up to the leagues! As of the 25th of February we have 16 sign ups for the World Championship and 63 sign ups for the Pro Championship, with still over a week until the start of the season. If you have a super license and wish to sign up again you can do so here
    http://apexonlineracing.com/communi...-up-thread-world-championship-season-3.18998/

These are the drivers who obtained a super lisence and are eligible to sign up
    1- @Nico
    2- @EpilepticToast
    3- @Banz
    4- @Race Fanatic
    5- @ZokyCRO
    6- @tha_Sup3rN0va
    7- @AddictivePenguin
    8- @BEGUE
    9- @C-FOGARTY
    10- @VBR Swift
    11- @tawnie
    12- @Tigerkart_22
    13- @RC GaXieR
    14- @TRL Axeman
    15- @RC xTr3m
    16- @Lamoracke79
    17- @pimruspolos
    18- @JasonMcrae
    19- @Jarod
    20- @RC Waltcynt
    21- @JordanMcGonigal
    22- @alexukr
    23- @Nitramsen
    24- @berserkmir
    25- @Edwinsimo
    26- @arcticocean

Or if you're a new or returning driver without a super license, you can sign up here
    http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-rally-leagues-sign-up-thread-season-3.18954/

From everyone involved, we hope you're as excited as we are to introduce these new changes to the Rally league, and can't wait to get back out on the road!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. alexukr

alexukr Formula 3 2nd Driver Premium Member

6%
    I was really sursprised to get a super license initiallly, but i am really looking forward to the league and the coverage, as i loved the old WRC Highlights back in the day and even though there is no chance i will replicate my form from the F1 games, i will try my best to be featured in the Top 5 crashes :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. p n k

p n k Formula 3 Test Driver

3%
    Super excited to join this league, no real experience with the courses, so it will be a true rally for me, not a memory run :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DemoN F1

DemoN F1 DiRT Coordinator DiRT Coordinator Premium Member Content Producer

97%
    Yep, as it says we ran different stages last season so many will be in the same boat! Monte Carlo is a nice one to ease us into it, but when we get to Finland you'll wish you knew where you were going xD

5. Joseph Willows

Joseph Willows Pro Karter

88%
    Try and include these soundtracks in when you are doing the highlights. Unless for copyright reasons I can understand

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. p n k

p n k Formula 3 Test Driver

3%
    I would just go for some quiet EDM in the background just like official WRC channel does with the current highlights on youtube