• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Τ6 - R9 - Lap5 + Hit from side by Marques

Status
Not open for further replies.

uros76

Premium Member
Premium Member
ACC Tier + Round Number: T6-R9
League Coordinator: @Borderline
Date: 17/11/2020
Members Involved: @Axel0589 @uros76

Description: Driving into turn 7 lap 5, I was closing in on Kazerski. Kazerski and Florea had some battle through previous turns which might have caused their pace to drop. Kazerski entry into turn 7 was slower so I had to ease off from gas a bit not to hit him. I kept my racing line behind Kazerski without waving however Marques decided he wants to squeeze inside that turn and make a pass. All of a sudden he hit the back left side of my car with his maneuver causing slight aero damage on my car. Luckily I managed to keep control of the car but his dangerous approach needs to be looked at.

Evidence:

Axel0589

Semi-Pro Karter
Um ok, I think it's clear as day what happened here. Uros had a slow exit, I was much quicker on exit and saw a gap and went for it. Kept as far left as possible to give Uros racing room but he didn't do the same. From 42s to 48s you can see I went for the move, realized the class act that Uros is, he wasn't going to give me any room so I go partially off throttle to fall behind him, My steering action is linear, hugging the line as tight as possible, Uros moved over to a space I was already occupying, again this is evident at 1:05s.

uros76

Premium Member
Premium Member
Gap into what? There was not enough space between me and Kazerski. Should we all just move over every time you are close behind?
If you came even faster and we would be side by side you would then squeeze me into a tight turn 8 with another dangerous move.

That was not a safe pass attempt and you could wait for a better opportunity.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that no further action will be taken. None of the drivers involved are solely to blame for what happened. Both drivers could have done things differently/better.

Closed.
@Axel0589 @uros76 @Borderline

Status
Not open for further replies.