• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 22 of the AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2021!
    They are closing on 6th August, so be sure not to miss out! Head to apexonline.racing to sign up!
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

PS 10 second time penalty removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Platform + League: PS4 + F5
League Coordinator: @Hasnain
Date: 02/02/20
Members Involved: @SamGamerOfficial
Description: I got an instant 10 sec time penalty from the game after the SC restart, it should be reduced to 3 seconds because it was my 3rd warning streak reached. After this, in lap 14, I got my 1st warning after the 1st streak and it gave me 3 seconds time penalty instantly, so technically I should only get that reduced to 1 warning which from the race director, that stupid instant 3 sec penalty affected by 2 warnings the rest of my corner cuts amd track extension, so this basicslly means at the end, I should get another 3 second penalty removed if we add the 2 warnings missing from the game techinally. Amd I want to appeal the last 2 BS warnings that were unfair, the head steward told me last time that I need to apply the brakes to clearly negates any time gained after extending the track limits which I clearly did as you can see in my brake application down in the right of the screen and the other warning was really superb harsh to give me as I TOTALLY BELIEVE that I didnt had 4 wheel off the white lines... So in total if I get all oc these issues reduced and removed I would regain 13 second time penalty of my race time and get back P3 where I initialy finished...
Evidence:

Unfair 10 sec pen: 0:37
Instant 3 sec pen right after my first 3 warning streak: 0:53
Unfair & Harsh Warnings: 1:30

Race director:

Last edited:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Sorry to be that guy again but... I'd like to counter this, please.

First of all, I have no problem with that 10 second penalty change. I assume that happened because we were technically still under the Safety Car at the time?
I'm not trying to get Sam more penalties, but rather that I don't think having P3 back is completely fair due to some cuts/extensions. For example:

Lap 2 - Exit of T14. (Sam did get a warning on this lap, so this could possibly be it.)
Lap 5 - Exit of T1, apex of T9, apex of T17 (just I think?), exit of T18 and exit of T20. (None of these got a warning according to the Race Director.)
Lap 13 - Exit of T1. (Again, he did get a warning on this lap so this could possibly be it.)
Lap 23 - Apex of T9 and exit of T18. (Sam got two warnings on this lap, so they both could have been these possibly.)

There were more moments but I left them out, as I can't say for sure if they are valid or not due to the angle. (Although while typing this, I have seen another video which does show some.)
As for those last two laps listed, even though potentially the warnings could have been for them, I left them in due to Lap 5 having no warnings at the same places.

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
... Just for your info T9 is a corner that everybody go over the bump in it. It's like that since the 2017 game, there shouldnt be any problems for that. T18 I ran wide and always lifted to not gain any advantages, tho in lap 23 it gave me warning in the same corner even tho I still lifted, no idea why. The other "extensions" on lap 5, for T1, T17 and T20 I seem to be desynced, that would explain why I got no warnings from the game, simply as that...

Also, pls dont comment on enquiry that doesnt even involve you, your totally wasting my and steward's time.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards have reviewed the footage and agree that the 10 second time penalty at the end of the safety car is unfair and will be reduced to a warning. The other penalties we see here are all valid and will stand. This will result in an overall reduction of 10 seconds worth of time penalties.

@SamGamerOfficial @Hasnain

Status
Not open for further replies.