16 drivers Per tier this season? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

16 drivers Per tier this season?

Dalingo

AOR XB1 GT3 Am S8 Champion
Aug 31, 2015
Could we consider running with 16 drivers per tier this season?

I find the season and races more exciting if more drivers actually takes part in the races. And considering the amount of no-shows in previous seasons the average grid size per race will probably be 12 anyway.

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
The amount of sign ups forces us to put up 4 Tiers. So we will have around 12 to 13 drivers each Tier. Any late sign ups will not be reserves tho.

D-tox

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 11, 2017
4 tiers of 12 would rather have full grids give people a chance that's actually signed up for this season

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
I agree with you @Dalingo the more the merrier, but looking at the sign up i think its best to go with 4 almost full tiers instead of just 3 and 2 reserves/ own tier. wouldnt make sense. Now if someone jumps mid-season there is chance the person will be better allocated to the tier which fit their skills.

Reactions: Lordendo

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Personally 16 would be a no go. In a full lobby, people on the OG XB1 experience physics issues which force them to retire, more or less, for everyone else's safety. The car becomes barely driveable, and the fun factor goes.

You don't always get these issues, but usually someone in the lobby will.

Reactions: Pikkuee

Mick Tartan

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 1, 2018
Personally 16 would be a no go. In a full lobby, people on the OG XB1 experience physics issues which force them to retire, more or less, for everyone else's safety. The car becomes barely driveable, and the fun factor goes.

You don't always get these issues, but usually someone in the lobby will.
I personally went and got a Xbox X today as I was having serious issues in lobby's over 11 or so on the original Xbox one , everything is sorted now !!
It was a sore blow but the game was unplayable ,,,
Only thing is ... No more excuses haha

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

THR m0o0o7

4 Times AOR XB1 Project CARS 2 Champion
Feb 18, 2018
agreed the more on the grid the better but when we go past 12/13 people in a lobby you can guaruntee disconnections and a bigger chance of glitchs which just ruins everyones fun
Im on original xbox but im pretty sure wolf isnt and hes been WAY more susceptible to bugs than myself so not sure how much truth there is in the "aw your on an old xbox" theory

Mick Tartan

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 1, 2018
agreed the more on the grid the better but when we go past 12/13 people in a lobby you can guaruntee disconnections and a bigger chance of glitchs which just ruins everyones fun
Im on original xbox but im pretty sure wolf isnt and hes been WAY more susceptible to bugs than myself so not sure how much truth there is in the "aw your on an old xbox" theory
I think the ice glitch thing is something different , when I went in to race against AI from 12 + it was a disaster , I tried a friends original Xbox which was exactly the same as mine pure crud , so this comment is not a guess or hear say I got new X today and boom no problem ... I'm defo not promoting getting a new console for one game but the game was unplayable on my old original .

Reactions: Wheezy

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe it was the fresh installation of the game on Ur new Xbox X that solved the "issues" rather than the new console?? Some food for thought lol

Reactions: Mick Tartan

TrickiestCOL

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 30, 2018
I agree with you @Dalingo the more the merrier, but looking at the sign up i think its best to go with 4 almost full tiers instead of just 3 and 2 reserves/ own tier. wouldnt make sense. Now if someone jumps mid-season there is chance the person will be better allocated to the tier which fit their skills.
Agree with Recon, go with the 4 tiers intially, say 4 x 12 racers then wait and see how many actually turn up for the race events.

If anything to go by in Season 11 in Tier 3 - out of the 12 drivers i think we got max 8 racers who raced in the season and i think i n one race we only had 6 turn up. So although many people sign up intially once some realise the commitment required on a weekly basis you always get drop outs.

Mick Tartan

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 1, 2018
Maybe it was the fresh installation of the game on Ur new Xbox X that solved the "issues" rather than the new console?? Some food for thought lol
I tried a reinstall a couple of times then tried a friends computer just to be sure . I'm not the only person who has had this issue ,,

Put it this way ... Original Xbox I couldn't finish a couple of laps with more than 11 or 12 people in the lobby .. New Xbox X ... Well you will just need to wait and see lol

Reactions: willyblackhamer

Dr sToneZz

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
14 per tier would be good due to drop outside and no shows but if 12+ creates lobby issues then 12 it should be.

Also just out of interest as I'm yet to try any cars out, is the Ferrari banned? Noticed it's in the list of available gt3 cars in the other platforms car selection threads.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
14 per tier would be good due to drop outside and no shows but if 12+ creates lobby issues then 12 it should be.

Also just out of interest as I'm yet to try any cars out, is the Ferrari banned? Noticed it's in the list of available gt3 cars in the other platforms car selection threads.
No the Ferrari is not banned

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
...not banned anymore. It was in S11

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I don't like it either but if your driving style suits it it is a rocket. It is very easy with the tires as well.