2017 24 Hours of Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2017 24 Hours of Daytona

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I believe we are. Probably gonna end up doing another health-destroying 24 hour stream again as well :unsure:
It would be good if you get a few 'AOR' teams in the same race, just for the added entertainment and bantz value.;)
Though it would also be great if the Plums/Team Kinduci throws his hat in the ring for this as well, as I haven't seen @Robert Plumley be part of an endurance race.

Put @The Genius in the Skype call, he'll teach everyone Swedish for 24 hours
And bore them to death doing so.
That would have come in handy for me over a year ago, went to Sweden on holiday for a week during the midsummer last year.
Brought myself a couple of Swedish language books a couple of months before I went, to try and learn some of the language but just found the language to difficult to actually learn, (who would have thought it an English person can't learn another language:p) in the end I settled for learning one phrase 'talar du engelska' which is suppose to mean 'do you speak english'. Thought it would at least come in handy:cigar:, but as it turns out most places I went had English speaking Swedish people.:facepalm:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
It would be good if you get a few 'AOR' teams in the same race, just for the added entertainment and bantz value.;)
Though it would also be great if the Plums/Team Kinduci throws his hat in the ring for this as well, as I haven't seen @Robert Plumley be part of an endurance race.

That would have come in handy for me over a year ago, went to Sweden on holiday for a week during the midsummer last year.
Brought myself a couple of Swedish language books a couple of months before I went, to try and learn some of the language but just found the language to difficult to actually learn, (who would have thought it an English person can't learn another language:p) in the end I settled for learning one phrase 'talar du engelska' which is suppose to mean 'do you speak english'. Thought it would at least come in handy:cigar:, but as it turns out most places I went had English speaking Swedish people.:facepalm:
First of all, Swedish very difficult actually so do not feel bad. One of hardest in some areas.

Secondly, we are the best country in the world to speak English that does not have English as a first language. Reasons, because we have good education and we do not change the language in TV programmes. We just add subtitles which means English is almost as normal as Swedish to hear every day.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
It would be very cool to run with a few teams across different categories under the Team AOR banner. After all, we are the same community :D

I think I need to find out with Phil and Fisi what the plan is, I think we'll be dragging along Neil too. One of those guys mentioned the C7 I think but if I remember correctly all but 2 prototype cars were ruined after about half distance, so with the higher spec car comes a higher skill ceiling.

Nothing set in stone at such an early stage however.

Reactions: UrBaNz Octane x

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
It would be very cool to run with a few teams across different categories under the Team AOR banner. After all, we are the same community :D

I think I need to find out with Phil and Fisi what the plan is, I think we'll be dragging along Neil too. One of those guys mentioned the C7 I think but if I remember correctly all but 2 prototype cars were ruined after about half distance, so with the higher spec car comes a higher skill ceiling.

Nothing set in stone at such an early stage however.
I am up for it allthough i have never driven the gt cars on this game yet lol but enough laps to practise still

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 15, 2015
To anyone that has looked at this thread with any sort of interest, I believe our team will be going with the Corvette DP. Still looking for anyone who may be interested in joining in. I have noticed that there was conversation about running under the AOR banner, but I believe we will be running under our own name. Nothing against anything AOR, in fact if I were solo at this point, I would be very interested in joining in with community members here, just not for this event.

Reactions: Erti147

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
@McPhilen @FisiFan91 I've heard you talking about the 24 hour race somewhere in fis his Fr 2.0 stream a while a go...are there still any plans to run some official (multiple) AOR teams in the Daytona 24 hour race?

If so I'm interested in racing for one of the AOR squads

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 15, 2015
To those interested, although this is a bit last second, my 24 hour teammate and I are hosting a server in 30 minutes for 2 hours of practice at Daytona. Not sure who this will get to but anyone is free to join if they are still interested in joining our team, or is just simply looking for some practice. Server will be called "Extra Roar before the 24" and will be hosted by Collin Jackson. See you on the track!

Last edited:
Reactions: Erti147

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
See you on the grid then @FisiFan91, friend of mine introduced me to iRacing and I must say I'm quite enjoying it.. potentially something I may consider for a Friday night if there is ever a space in the FR2.0 :)

Zach Plummer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 15, 2015
Curious as to who has all decided to participate in this! I've got a team together and I'm guessing that we'll be in the second split. Look for us on track, orange/grey DP, Bart Fox Racin'. Good luck, gents!

Reactions: Lorrentz

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014