2017 iRacing 24 Hours of Le Mans

StevieSQ

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

On the 10th-11th June 2017 (from 3pm UK time on the Saturday), iRacing will once again hold the 24hrs of Le Mans on their service, and AOR will participate with two teams!

This year, both #AOR24Red and #AOR24Purple are competing for the first time in this race. Last year, @FisiFan91, @Erti147 and I competed with less than 3 days notice/planning. Starting 35th in class (after no qualifying) driving the HPD, we finished 15th in class, including minor problems such as only having 3 drivers, no practice, Evan running out of fuel and a bit of a crash from myself through the Porsche Curves. That was under the name of Tortoise GP.

This time though, we're doing it properly.

Here are the teams:

#AOR24Red - HPD ARX-01c
- Kerry Knowlden (@Kez)
- Knut Martinsen (@FisiFan91)
- Phil Reid (@McPhilen)
- Kristian Takacs (@Synergi)

#AOR24Purple - HPD ARX-01c
- Stevie Chambers (@StevieSQ)
- Christoph Holstein (@Ycoms)
- Evan RT Imray (@Erti147)
- Alexander Waldo (@The Genius)

Liveries have been designed by @Rin Hato

@Dan Hawkins has set up the dual-stream page again, so that you will be able to watch and support the teams, live as it happens through the AOR Stream page, watching Fisi's stream of #AOR24Red and Chris' of #AOR24Purple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff Member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Probs gid to put yin sesh during oor normal Thursday practice

Lorrentz

F1 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Unfortunately aor team orange cant run since gunar and jannick can not make it to the race... so I found myself a team in the HPD class.

All the best to the aor teams and maybe we will meet on track but most certainly on the twitch chat :D

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Iracing are releasing the two GTE cars on Tuesday and it looks like they are going to use them instead of gt1 and gt2. Rip Aston
Oh.

GTE + old HPD would be a bit weird though? I thought the HPD was supposed to be matched with the GT1+2 cars idk

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
Oh.

GTE + old HPD would be a bit weird though? I thought the HPD was supposed to be matched with the GT1+2 cars idk
Yea but GTE races lemans now so they've been pushing to get the cars released in time for the race. It looks better for iracing to have current cars. Would be weird to have the race with the old cars and then right after release the new cars.

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff Member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If they'd got the cars out like a couple of weeks ago I'd of wanted to run the GTE instead - also puts people's GT1 practice up the shitter if they decided last minute on what to do

StevieSQ

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Have you forgotten how late we decided to do it last year?

Either there will be a million HPD's, or there will be a million Ferrari's. Ferrari is by far and away the biggest brand in motorsport. People will be so excited to drive it they may still drive the lower class, just because there's a Ferrari.

I may also be one of those people who will drool over the idea of racing in a Ferrari.... even if they are *****.

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
Have you forgotten how late we decided to do it last year?

Either there will be a million HPD's, or there will be a million Ferrari's. Ferrari is by far and away the biggest brand in motorsport. People will be so excited to drive it they may still drive the lower class, just because there's a Ferrari.

I may also be one of those people who will drool over the idea of racing in a Ferrari.... even if they are *****.
If these cars are even half as popular as the Porsche there will be millions of GTE's. Ferrari hype

Wobbuffet

GP2 Test Driver
May 20, 2016
On the 10th-11th June 2017, iRacing will once again hold the 24hrs of Le Mans on their service.

My understanding so far is that both #AOR24Red and #AOR24Purple competing for the first time in this race. Last year, @FisiFan91, @Erti147 and I competed with less than 3 days notice/planning. Starting 35th in class driving the HPD, we finished 15th in class, including minor problems such as only having 3 drivers, no practice, Evan running out of fuel and a bit of a crash from myself through the Porsche Curves. That was under the name of Tortoise GP.

So I think:

#AOR24Red - HPD ARX-01c
- Kerry Knowlden (@Kez)
- Phil Reid (@McPhilen)
- Lee N Robinson (@xII robo IIx)?

- Stevie Chambers
- Adam Tierney (@UrBaNz Octane x)

Liveries are being designed by @Rin Hato

I'll once again host a couple of practice sessions, but it'd be nice to know when would be a good day/time to make them.

Hopefully @Dan Hawkins can set up the dual-stream page up again, so that you will be able to watch and support the teams, live as it happens through the AOR Stream page, watching Fisi's stream of #AOR24Red and Chris' of #AOR24Purple.
Here's hoping both teams get put in the same split - just for the bantz!:woot::woot:

NEILY84

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 26, 2016
good luck guys i will be watching the streams, i wish i could do it, maybe one day. i used to love the old days 2.4 hours not having to try and find a team (n)

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
THAT FERRARI NEEDS TO BE USED! ONE OF THE MOST GOOD LOOKING CARS I HAVE SEEN! IM LITTERALLY THINKING WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE FOR AOR PURPLE OR ORANGE!
[DOUBLEPOST=1496917569][/DOUBLEPOST]Just asking what does the hpd look like. and why no lmp1 cars? I know theres isn't many but come on. cant have le mans without those beautiful prototypes!
[DOUBLEPOST=1496917639][/DOUBLEPOST]
On the 10th-11th June 2017, iRacing will once again hold the 24hrs of Le Mans on their service.

My understanding so far is that both #AOR24Red and #AOR24Purple competing for the first time in this race. Last year, @FisiFan91, @Erti147 and I competed with less than 3 days notice/planning. Starting 35th in class driving the HPD, we finished 15th in class, including minor problems such as only having 3 drivers, no practice, Evan running out of fuel and a bit of a crash from myself through the Porsche Curves. That was under the name of Tortoise GP.

So I think:

#AOR24Red - HPD ARX-01c
- Kerry Knowlden (@Kez)
- Phil Reid (@McPhilen)
- Lee N Robinson (@xII robo IIx)?

- Stevie Chambers
- Adam Tierney (@UrBaNz Octane x)

Liveries are being designed by @Rin Hato

I'll once again host a couple of practice sessions, but it'd be nice to know when would be a good day/time to make them.

Hopefully @Dan Hawkins can set up the dual-stream page up again, so that you will be able to watch and support the teams, live as it happens through the AOR Stream page, watching Fisi's stream of #AOR24Red and Chris' of #AOR24Purple.
YES 24 HOUR STREAM TOO! THE BANTER WILL BE REAL!

Lorrentz

F1 Reserve Driver
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
THAT FERRARI NEEDS TO BE USED! ONE OF THE MOST GOOD LOOKING CARS I HAVE SEEN! IM LITTERALLY THINKING WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE FOR AOR PURPLE OR ORANGE!
Orange isn't competing for le mans unfortunately...but maybe next endurance event we will see :)