2019-2020 Close season thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019-2020 Close season thread

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

Thinking back to this Seb clearly had a premonition Steve...That Hamilton was going to finish 2nd in 'Sports Personality Of The Year'.;)

Though being serious for a moment its a big year coming up for Seb, its the last year of his Ferrari contact and he can ill afford another poor season if he wants to stay at Ferrari, its not a surprise to see Ferrari tie down Leclerc for the long term.
However on the flipside I don't see Seb settling for anything other then equal driver status with Leclerc in any potential future Ferrari contract.

But should he win the WDC next year, then it wouldn't surprise me if he calls it a day straight away afterwards.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Thinking back to this Seb clearly had a premonition Steve...That Hamilton was going to finish 2nd in 'Sports Personality Of The Year'.;)

Though being serious for a moment its a big year coming up for Seb, its the last year of his Ferrari contact and he can ill afford another poor season if he wants to stay at Ferrari, its not a surprise to see Ferrari tie down Leclerc for the long term.
However on the flipside I don't see Seb settling for anything other then equal driver status with Leclerc in any potential future Ferrari contract.

But should he win the WDC next year, then it wouldn't surprise me if he calls it a day straight away afterwards.
BBC seriously make me **** out of my arse.

They go on about equality and inclusivity and make Ben 'Toxic' Stokes SPOTY.

They're saving Hamilton for 2020 when he does No. 7 or maybe even No. 8 at Ferrari. He'll serve plenty of options. But the BBC will probably make Paul Whitehouse SPOTY for his angling prowess in 'Mortimer and Whitehouse talk more bollocks can we give you more reasons to sack the Licence Fee off'

From next year SPOTY will be live from Claire Balding's vagina.

• Funny
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
BBC seriously make me **** out of my arse.

They go on about equality and inclusivity and make Ben 'Toxic' Stokes SPOTY.

They're saving Hamilton for 2020 when he does No. 7 or maybe even No. 8 at Ferrari. He'll serve plenty of options. But the BBC will probably make Paul Whitehouse SPOTY for his angling prowess in 'Mortimer and Whitehouse talk more bollocks can we give you more reasons to sack the Licence Fee off'

From next year SPOTY will be live from Claire Balding's vagina.
Is it just me or do I detect a distinct lack of 'christmas cheer' in that post.

But you know what though I think I'll join you in the bah humbug/ranting stakes, reading this last week pissed me off:
How that little shít is now potentially near driving in F1 is crazy, how many '2nd chances' has he had now. I thought after he deservedly & finally got the chop from the RB development program that would be the end of him and his single seater ambitions, and if he was lucky he would end up in BTCC where he could ram/bump other drivers and spout his mouth off to his hearts content.

But WIlliams just what are they doing, bringing Ticktum in is a new low for them, he must be getting huge financial backing big time to not just get picked up by Williams but to also secure a drive with Dams one of the top F2 teams its ridiculous, if theres any justice he'll find a way to fúck this up again and the sport will finally be rid of this odious character once and for all.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A bit late I know but I saw Mad Max has signed an extension at RBR until 2023, that news certainly changes the position of Hamilton and Seb to a degree.

That puts Hamilton in a extremely strong position when contract talks likely begin in 4/5 months times, depending on how the seasons going he could force Merc to hand over a blank cheque, as for Seb no doubts its a massive year he can't afford another season as bad the last one.

He can get away with 1 bad moment this year (as all the drivers do have at least 1 during the year) but 2 or more and that'll probably be that for staying at Ferrari or potentially swapping seats with Hamilton.

Something else I'm keeping my eye on is the nationwide bushfires in Australia, F1 really is a total afterthought with whats still happening there right now, I think all F1 fans would understand if they (Australia) cancelled the F1 there this year.
And if they do you would hope the FOM/F1 will waive any financial penalty and actually donate some cash to help with the disaster.