2019 Singapore Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2019 Singapore Grand Prix

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Very long post @Wobbuffet it just takes a DNF or a PU penalty for Hamilton and it changes completely.
You fully know what I'm like by now lol, I ain't going to apologise for being thorough in my posts.
Anyway currently I still think the worry and concern by Hamilton and his fans is a bit over the top, I mean lets look at the facts:
6 races to go, 156 points maximum available
Bottas his nearest rival 65pts back - ain't going to be allowed it seems to get ahead of Hamilton in races now.

That means Hamilton's nearest challengers is Leclerc & Mad Max both 96pts and Seb 102pts behind, so Hamilton only needs to score 60pts or 6 top 5 finishes, even if Ferrari do dominate the last 6 races its highly unlikely that RB will also be quicker then Merc, and with Bottas playing second fiddle if needs be, Hamilton should be able to finish 3rd or 4th at least in each race, its those reasons why Hamilton and his fans shouldn't be concerned.

The only legitimate way the WDC becomes potentially at risk is if he suffers 3 dnf's in the next 4 races (with either Mad Max/Leclerc or Seb winning all 4) or 2 dnf's in a row and Bottas wins those races.

@Wobbuffet I don't think Hamilton would of won it easily if he pitted with seb n max. I think with no drs Hamilton probably get jumped down the straight in sector 1. Mercedes really do need a better tactician tho, might apply for it myself. I'm always against 9 out of 10 of there calls. I mean there was an obvious gap for about 4-5 laps for any of the drivers in the top 6 to put and get clean air. Mercedes always get caught napping. Surprised Horner didn't bring albon in early
Well track position is king at Singapore as we all know and even with drs in S1 I doubt Leclerc would've got close enough to attempt a move on Hamilton, once any of the top drivers got to around a second behind they couldn't get much closer, and at the end even when Hamilton for example had DRS on Mad Max he only gained a couple tenths at most, so DRS probably wouldn't have been strong enough.

• Agree
Reactions: iJokeri22

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
You fully know what I'm like by now lol, I ain't going to apologise for being thorough in my posts.
Anyway currently I still think the worry and concern by Hamilton and his fans is a bit over the top, I mean lets look at the facts:
6 races to go, 156 points maximum available
Bottas his nearest rival 65pts back - ain't going to be allowed it seems to get ahead of Hamilton in races now.

That means Hamilton's nearest challengers is Leclerc & Mad Max both 96pts and Seb 102pts behind, so Hamilton only needs to score 60pts or 6 top 5 finishes, even if Ferrari do dominate the last 6 races its highly unlikely that RB will also be quicker then Merc, and with Bottas playing second fiddle if needs be, Hamilton should be able to finish 3rd or 4th at least in each race, its those reasons why Hamilton and his fans shouldn't be concerned.

The only legitimate way the WDC becomes potentially at risk is if he suffers 3 dnf's in the next 4 races (with either Mad Max/Leclerc or Seb winning all 4) or 2 dnf's in a row and Bottas wins those races.

Well track position is king at Singapore as we all know and even with drs in S1 I doubt Leclerc would've got close enough to attempt a move on Hamilton, once any of the top drivers got to around a second behind they couldn't get much closer, and at the end even when Hamilton for example had DRS on Mad Max he only gained a couple tenths at most, so DRS probably wouldn't have been strong enough.
I'm still not convinced, switch Hamilton with a Ferrari and they'll fly by max. Vettel couldn't do it on Hamilton at the start because of the drs train but in clean air I think Ferrari would be all over Lewis in sector 1. Them Ferraris really have turned this championship on its head. Now where seeing some fascinating races

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'm still not convinced, switch Hamilton with a Ferrari and they'll fly by max. Vettel couldn't do it on Hamilton at the start because of the drs train but in clean air I think Ferrari would be all over Lewis in sector 1. Them Ferraris really have turned this championship on its head. Now where seeing some fascinating races
Seb to be fair did have a chance lap 1 but after that he couldn't stay within drs range to Hamilton, anyway if a Ferrari is behind a Merc at Russia then with the straights and DRS zones that track has, it would give a clear indication if Ferrari can fly past a Merc.

As for either championship - its too late in my opinion, if this updated improved Ferrari had arrived 3 months earlier (ie: French GP) then I think we would have been in store for a blockbuster finish to the season, as it is Merc and Hamilton had pretty much already done enough before the summer break secure both championships, this late performance burst by Ferrari will at best delay Hamilton & Merc's celebrations until Brazil. (instead of Mexico or even USA)
The only way this legitimately changes as I said is if Hamilton and Merc suffer a lot of misfortune over the next few races and Mad Max/Leclerc or Seb wins all those races. (if the wins get spread out between those 3, that'll reduce the minimum amount of points Hamilton would need)

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Only way Hamilton would lose the championship now is if he has 3 DNF's and the same guy (most likely Leclerc) wins every remaining race.
Knowing Merc over the last 6 seasons though I wouldn't be at all surprised if we turn up to Russia and everything is back to normal anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet