Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well the beginning of the 2nd planned triple header of the season is upcoming this weekend and it sees 2 back to back British GP's to start of with, though off topic probably a question mark is now over the Spanish GP taking place with the 2nd wave of Covid-19 hitting Spain currently, we will have to see what happens over the next week but I imagine Liberty will wait as long as possible before making a final decision on taking the F1 circus to Barcelona.

Anyway back to the British GP and heres Pirelli's preview:

If we're going to have any kind of championship battle then with the current momentum its already looking like its crucial Bottas needs to wins 1 of these next 2 races, if Hamilton does double up these 2 races then going into Spain it'll already look like a mountain to climb for Bottas just to keep Hamilton in touching distance towards the end of the season.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
For some reason this thread made me think of this ancient TV advert.
Don't Joker, I remember that advert god its one of those where the bloke just shout's it just really annoying though this bloke took it to the next level for a while:

And just for good measure to finish off what I consider the final part of the 'trifecta of ad evil' this was the biggest villain of them all back then:

Poor man's Bill Bailey lookalike, Barry Scott & Gio Compare what I would've give for someone to send the f*cking lot of them on a one way trip to the moon back then.
Argh Angry GIF - Argh Angry Mad - Discover & Share GIFs

Haago

Semi-Pro Karter
May 11, 2020
What are the numbers on the wheel supposed to mean? Is 2 good for braking? I really don't get it if thats a good or a bad number.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
What are the numbers on the wheel supposed to mean? Is 2 good for braking? I really don't get it if thats a good or a bad number.
A 2 for braking means the track is not that demanding on the brakes, no hard braking zones. 5 would mean very hard braking zones and therefore very demanding on the brakes.

So you can also see that drivers have to deal with a lot of lateral forces (5) on this track, the track is very demanding on tires (5) and that downforce is quite important (4) etc...

• Informative
Reactions: Haago

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Looks like even the weather gods are Merc fans its going to be 10 degrees cooler for qualifying and the race compared to practice.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well unfortunately we have our first driver confirmed with Covid19:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53601564

Surprising Perez was only confirmed with it on Thursday, leaves RP short on time & options of replacements drivers, they do apparently have the option to use Guiterrez or Vandoorne but the former would quite frankly be a waste of the seat considering how long he has been out of the sport, and the latter is preparing for Formula E.

I'd be very curious to see what Russell could do (though I doubt Williams would agree to loaning him for a race) and whether the hype he has is merited.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well unfortunately we have our first driver confirmed with Covid19:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53601564

Surprising Perez was only confirmed with it on Thursday, leaves RP short on time & options of replacements drivers, they do apparently have the option to use Guiterrez or Vandoorne but the former would quite frankly be a waste of the seat considering how long he has been out of the sport, and the latter is preparing for Formula E.

I'd be very curious to see what Russell could do (though I doubt Williams would agree to loaning him for a race) and whether the hype he has is merited.
Looking highly likely that it will be Hulkenberg.

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Looks like even the weather gods are Merc fans its going to be 10 degrees cooler for qualifying and the race compared to practice.
Judging from what I saw in the FP sessions today it indeed does look like that kind of heat & temp. is a bit of a neutraliser for the Merc's, though unfortunately normal service will likely resume tomorrow.

Looking highly likely that it will be Hulkenberg.
Hulkenberg did well today all things considered, has to have a chance of battling for the top 6 at least come sunday.

Oh yeah Perez is suppose to miss this race and the next one, so Hulkenberg will likely be in the car for 2 races I would've thought.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Pretty much the standard thing I say these days it seems, but it is undeniably true we're relying on Bottas to get ahead of Hamilton at the start just for any kind of battle for the win today, otherwise we'll end up with Hamilton cruising to another simple win.

Either way I'd expect the race coverage to be focused on the upper midfield for most of the race, barring something bizarre happening up front to the Merc's.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Hulkenburg wont get a podium.
Max exists
Leclerc exists.
If he gets a podium ill live stream watching Luke skywalker milk the cow thing

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Shame red bull pitted max, that hypocrite gets all the luck. We couldn't his tyre go bang into copse lol

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Bottas will be asking Perez tonight if he's still got a bit of Covid on him and if so, can he borrow a bit to sprinkle in Hamilton's tea during their next team debrief. "Help me Sergio, you're my only hope."

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
To be honest at this point I'm just exasperated at how many times I've seen when Hamilton has 'bad luck', things somehow play out that he still ends up smelling of roses - its literally insane at this point.

I mean its bad enough we're solely having to rely on Bottas to give Hamilton a championship fight this year, and after todays events for the gap to now be 30 points, that is pretty much championship over.

Though to be fair to Bottas today he drove a very solid race, kept Hamilton very honest all race (though Hamilton suggested post race to DC he wasn't going full out and Bottas was) and for his efforts he got the reward of getting a tyre failure just after the last corner with a couple laps to go and ending up with 0 pts.

By comparison Hamilton's tyre failure happens on the final lap about halfway round with a 30sec+ lead and of course he still wins, it just adds to the growing list of instances since his time at Mercedes where, even when things go wrong for Hamilton the circumstances in the end still generally works out great for him and it is sickening to see.

Either way Hamilton is now well on his way to another championship, but for me even if he (likely) goes on to win 8 & beats all Schumacher's records (which should be a formality considering car development is pretty much frozen for next year as well) it won't change my opinion of him, one of great's yes of course but the greatest - no (he's on a par and similar to Schumacher and he isn't the greatest either)

When F1 and its fans in the future looks back to this era of the sport and the decision to go to hybrids, it has to be easily considered the worst decision it made in its history, just purely what it done competition wise to the sport.

And that decision to start and create the hybrid era has skewed things so much that it caused one team (and its drivers) to essentially have a unbeatable stranglehold dominance for 7 years (and likely minimum 8 with next year), as think about it Ferrari had to 'bend the rules' (or likely cheat if you prefer) during 2017 to 2019, just to give Hamilton & Merc a genuine fight, without that Merc would have been on easy street - especially for 2017 & 2018 as well.

But say what you want about the previous longest dominance of Schumacher & Ferrari back in 2000 - 2004, sure there were some boring races (no different to any driver/team combo in a dominant season) but at least there was more genuine competition & opposition to them on balance more often then not during those years, compared to what Mercedes & Hamilton have faced in general from 2014 to the present day.
(ie: 3 teams won races 2001 & 2002, 5 teams in 2003 & 4 teams in 2004)

Reactions: FORMULA1FAN71

FORMULA1FAN71

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 2, 2019
To be honest at this point I'm just exasperated at how many times I've seen when Hamilton has 'bad luck', things somehow play out that he still ends up smelling of roses - its literally insane at this point.

I mean its bad enough we're solely having to rely on Bottas to give Hamilton a championship fight this year, and after todays events for the gap to now be 30 points, that is pretty much championship over.

Though to be fair to Bottas today he drove a very solid race, kept Hamilton very honest all race (though Hamilton suggested post race to DC he wasn't going full out and Bottas was) and for his efforts he got the reward of getting a tyre failure just after the last corner with a couple laps to go and ending up with 0 pts.

By comparison Hamilton's tyre failure happens on the final lap about halfway round with a 30sec+ lead and of course he still wins, it just adds to the growing list of instances since his time at Mercedes where, even when things go wrong for Hamilton the circumstances in the end still generally works out great for him and it is sickening to see.

Either way Hamilton is now well on his way to another championship, but for me even if he (likely) goes on to win 8 & beats all Schumacher's records (which should be a formality considering car development is pretty much frozen for next year as well) it won't change my opinion of him, one of great's yes of course but the greatest - no (he's on a par and similar to Schumacher and he isn't the greatest either)

When F1 and its fans in the future looks back to this era of the sport and the decision to go to hybrids, it has to be easily considered the worst decision it made in its history, just purely what it done competition wise to the sport.

And that decision to start and create the hybrid era has skewed things so much that it caused one team (and its drivers) to essentially have a unbeatable stranglehold dominance for 7 years (and likely minimum 8 with next year), as think about it Ferrari had to 'bend the rules' (or likely cheat if you prefer) during 2017 to 2019, just to give Hamilton & Merc a genuine fight, without that Merc would have been on easy street - especially for 2017 & 2018 as well.

But say what you want about the previous longest dominance of Schumacher & Ferrari back in 2000 - 2004, sure there were some boring races (no different to any driver/team combo in a dominant season) but at least there was more genuine competition & opposition to them on balance more often then not during those years, compared to what Mercedes & Hamilton have faced in general from 2014 to the present day.
(ie: 3 teams won races 2001 & 2002, 5 teams in 2003 & 4 teams in 2004)
Well said

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
I'll say right now I'll consider Hamilton as a driver to be on par with schumi.
But over the past few months ive kinda taken the artist away from the art if you know what i mean.
I support Lewis as a driver, but that is all.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Bottas will be asking Perez tonight if he's still got a bit of Covid on him and if so, can he borrow a bit to sprinkle in Hamilton's tea during their next team debrief. "Help me Sergio, you're my only hope."
I know you mean that in jest Craggles but covid ain't no laughing matter to be blunt as I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy let alone Hamilton.
As I had a pretty mild case of covid myself a few months ago (start of April) and even though I've been over it for well over 2 months, I'm still not fully back to normal currently today (my current lung capacity isn't quite what it was, but its improving as the weeks have gone by)

Anyway the headline I would prefer to wake up to someday in the very near future (asap preferably):
Mercedes F1 team found to have been cheating since 2014 - team instantly banned from F1 and all there race & championship results (driver & team) from 2014 onwards expunged from the record books!
:LOL: