2020 car launches, pre-season testing & other news | ApexOnlineRacing.com

2020 car launches, pre-season testing & other news

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Which team will top pre-season testing the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I think he'll do the job in front of him and basically it will be so unedifying, he'll move to Ferrari for a proper challenge.
In my mind theres one big issue preventing that from happening, when Merc are producing new innovations like 'DAS' and cars that are very capable of winning championships why would you go elsewhere at this point?

You could in a way use the saying the 'grass is greener' or 'the devil you know' with regards to a Merc to Ferrari swap but when you then add the fact that theres rumours of a new £60mil a year deal at Merc for him, I just don't see Hamilton to Ferrari happening, as Hamilton & Merc are in total harmony at the moment.

Anyway moving on to the first day of the second week of testing, Alfa Romeo tops the charts for the second time with Kubica!:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
In my mind theres one big issue preventing that from happening, when Merc are producing new innovations like 'DAS' and cars that are very capable of winning championships why would you go elsewhere at this point?

You could in a way use the saying the 'grass is greener' or 'the devil you know' with regards to a Merc to Ferrari swap but when you then add the fact that theres rumours of a new £60mil a year deal at Merc for him, I just don't see Hamilton to Ferrari happening, as Hamilton & Merc are in total harmony at the moment.

Anyway moving on to the first day of the second week of testing, Alfa Romeo tops the charts for the second time with Kubica!:
You’re entitled to your opinion but Ferrari will break the bank.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
As I said last year I don't see any way that Hamilton will leave Merc hes been with them since he was like 10 years old he has a great relationship with Toto Wolff and the whole team and they constantly produce the best car unless something really dramatic happens like Merc leaving F1 or Toto leaving Merc then there's no chance he will ever leave imo. Why would he throw away a 25 year relationship with Merc just for a few frustrating disappointing and ultimately winless seasons with Ferrari.

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Chalk one up for Ferrari, we have a championship battle on now based on this!:

...er not really - think the fact Stroll on the medium tyre was within 3 tenths of Seb's time sort of underlines the likelihood that Ferrari have probably gone backwards this year.:(

Well final day of testing today, might very well see all the teams show what they can really do though I'm not exactly expecting it to happen.

It's very hard to see that unless Merc are talking total bollocks that anyone else other than Hamilton and Bottas will contest the 2020 WDC.

Hamilton haters will point to the fact that Merc have gifted him a world-record equalling 7th title.
Meant to mention about this yesterday Steve, funnily enough I actually think the biggest threat to Hamilton (and Merc) currently is the coronavirus, I wonder how many postponed races it'll take to have this season cancelled altogether?:unsure:

Obviously in reality the coronavirus is no laughing matter, but the fact that sports event are getting cancelled because of it, had Monza for example been next week with the outbreak currently in Italy that race would be cancelled/postponed, in a way it wouldn't surprise me if we do lose Australia, Bahrain & Vietnam as all it would take is a sudden outbreak in those countries a week before the GP, and it would have to be cancelled no arguments.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Chalk one up for Ferrari, we have a championship battle on now based on this!:

...er not really - think the fact Stroll on the medium tyre was within 3 tenths of Seb's time sort of underlines the likelihood that Ferrari have probably gone backwards this year.:(

Well final day of testing today, might very well see all the teams show what they can really do though I'm not exactly expecting it to happen.

Meant to mention about this yesterday Steve, funnily enough I actually think the biggest threat to Hamilton (and Merc) currently is the coronavirus, I wonder how many postponed races it'll take to have this season cancelled altogether?:unsure:

Obviously in reality the coronavirus is no laughing matter, but the fact that sports event are getting cancelled because of it, had Monza for example been next week with the outbreak currently in Italy that race would be cancelled/postponed, in a way it wouldn't surprise me if we do lose Australia, Bahrain & Vietnam as all it would take is a sudden outbreak in those countries a week before the GP, and it would have to be cancelled no arguments.
It will go ahead with a reduced calendar, so far we have only lost one.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So that's it testing is over and Mercedes takes the last day to 'win' testing:

And this is how the combined times from weeks 1 & 2 look:

So what did testing tell us this pre-season - not a lot a really.:LOL:

Though if I was to hazard a guess at the team order come Australia:

1. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
3. Ferrari
4. Racing P
5. Renault
6. McLaren
7. Alpha T
8. Alfa R
9. Haas
10. Williams

It will go ahead with a reduced calendar, so far we have only lost one.
I think realistically the threat is just to the first 3 races, I think Australia will be fine though Bahrain & Vietnam are still up in the air currently (despite what Chase Carey has been saying last couple days), by the Holland round hopefully the coronavirus outbreak will be a lot more under control by then. (if that's possible)