PC - 22/11/2019 - 50% @ Spa | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC 22/11/2019 - 50% @ Spa

scottrobertson

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2019
Was a horrific race for me.
I was testing a change to my setup as I have problems with my tyre wear and my changes were an absolute disaster.

A second off my pace in quali and the car felt awful in the race as my changes turned it into a sponge that just would not turn into corners at ALL.

Then I got into a battle with rgm I believe at the end and managed to overtake him only for some windows notification to pop up and minimize my game dropping me back behind him.
After that I overtook him a couple more times but he was lagging and jumping around so I didn't dare to defend too aggressively against his lunges to take the position back and in the end I got sent off the track and just gave up.

Oh well at least I know what setup NOT to use in the race, I can just go back to my real one.
Terrible race for me too. I learned that 2 stops don't work though ha.

Rgm12345

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 26, 2019
Was a horrific race for me.
I was testing a change to my setup as I have problems with my tyre wear and my changes were an absolute disaster.

A second off my pace in quali and the car felt awful in the race as my changes turned it into a sponge that just would not turn into corners at ALL.

Then I got into a battle with @Rgm12345 I believe at the end and managed to overtake him only for some windows notification to pop up and minimize my game dropping me back behind him.
After that I overtook him a couple more times but he was lagging and jumping around so I didn't dare to defend too aggressively against his lunges to take the position back and in the end I got sent off the track and just gave up.
Sorry I got in the way getting back on track, I was trying to retire my car somewhere and didn't see more people arriving before it was too late.

Oh well at least I know what setup NOT to use in the race, I can just go back to my real one.
Really sorry about the collision mate, I didn't know that my car was lagging around, really sorry

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Really sorry about the collision mate, I didn't know that my car was lagging around, really sorry
The collision in the end was my own fault regardless of lag. More of a frustration move than anything and as the car didn't handle the way I expected I screwed it up.

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Oh didn't realize you had such a good view of my incident with @Rgm12345.
I still maintain that the collision itself was partly my own fault but it was due to frustration with the move at 35:51 where @Rgm12345 moves right to defend and then swings back left onto the racing line again when I try to pass, nearly taking my front wing off and forcing me to let off the throttle.

Please don't do that in a race that actually matters. :p

Rgm12345

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 26, 2019
Oh didn't realize you had such a good view of my incident with @Rgm12345.
I still maintain that the collision itself was partly my own fault but it was due to frustration with the move at 35:51 where @Rgm12345 moves right to defend and then swings back left onto the racing line again when I try to pass, nearly taking my front wing off and forcing me to let off the throttle.

Please don't do that in a race that actually matters. :p
Yeah sorry for that, but I would say I was at fault for the incident, lost the car under the brakes and had to turn in slightly earlier and causing the incident, I would put my foot at the door for the incident, sorry

AngelofAwe

Pro Karter
Oct 21, 2019
Yeah sorry for that, but I would say I was at fault for the incident, lost the car under the brakes and had to turn in slightly earlier and causing the incident, I would put my foot at the door for the incident, sorry
The reason I accept some responsibility is because I'm not sure I was able to slow down enough to leave you space on the exit of the turn had the collision not happened first.
It was a more aggressive dive than what I'd usually do because I felt like I had to get past you and pull away before there was an accident, I felt scared driving near you (especially with the lag that was happening) and I knew I was quicker if I could just get some space.

Reactions: Rgm12345