25.10. GT3, GT4, TC multiclass (VLN) at Nürburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

25.10. GT3, GT4, TC multiclass (VLN) at Nürburgring Combined

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
Sorry, I'm gonna have to call it off for tonight! Work taking a lot longer than I'd scheduled, and deadline creeping in. Good race, lads!

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
Me, me, me, question again :)
When you race, are you communicating anyhow by voice?! Sometimes you want to appologize, but.... can't..... :(
Not that I'd have to, but others might ^^

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
Sorry to hear you two can’t make it.
Hope to see you next time on track :)

@Black Scorpion in discord :) it allows voice communication. I recommend to set it up as push to talk and assign a button on your wheel

Edit: here are the discord instructions:
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-discord-server.20217/
Now that makes complete sense to me, lol.... didn't knew DISCORD ^^ Are you gonna open a special chat room for that VLN race? Or do the racers never chat/voice whilst racing?

thnks again for all your swift & kind answers , appreciated :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
no problem mate!

There are some preconfigured chat rooms for PCars social races, we'll be in one of them :)
Make sure to request access now, to ensure you have the rights to enter the channel later.

s95butters

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 9, 2015
Annoyingly I DC'd on the first lap :( My internet dropped and came straight back, so annoying!

Sorry to @AndrexUK too, I think it was just a racing incident but if I caught you off guard with my braking then apologies mate.

Hope you all have a good race, hopefully see you in the next one!

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
Damn, very annoyed I couldn't made it in time!!! Well, at least for the next time it's now setup properly!!! I just do not understand wth I couldn't see the Looby under PC2 directly...

Pitty :(

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
@s95butters
No worries.
Was rather shocking how much quicker the Porsche + Aston were though...
Just as balanced a class as pCars 1.... :(

GTE is the only sensible balanced class I can see....

Reactions: s95butters

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
No problem, disconnects happen @s95butters. and apologies to @Black Scorpion - sorry you couldnt get in. still some bug in finding servers...

This was a ton of fun!

Here is my stream:

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
My first that long race, in addition on Nurburgring which I love but it's not my best side. Setup was quite good, except tyre temps - around 50-60 degrees and lower after long straights. I took 100 litres of fuel and it was exactly for this 2h race in this car, cold tyres wasn't worn too much for whole race (I set replacing tyres to 'recommended'). So this strategy could be good if I would be more concentrated and not doing 3 pits for damage repairs ;)

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
I accidentally loaded up the loose set up so at the start i made a bit of gap but the car was hard to handle through the fast corners which made it hard to be consistent.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
this was fun again :)
The Porsche is a beauty on this track. Made surprisingly few big mistakes, just put it into the wall twice.
Pitted after 50min, then went 1h10min virtually with no mistake (one minor wall contact).
After your pitstop, was chasing you for 2 laps, did my fastest laps there. Then you pulled away and I noticed a big gap to P3, so I slowed down and brought it home :)

Astonishing that after about 90min all 3 GT3s were within 15-20 seconds.

We gotta do this again, maybe a 1h or 1h30min thing? replace GT4 with either Clios or Group A, or make it GT3 and TC only?
The real VLN lives from the diversity on the grid, with plenty of pro and amateur drivers in hugely diverse grids.

@King-kodiak would you be interested in commentating one of these, if we have a decent grid size?

We certainly intend to make this a series, e.g. monthly VLN social, same time slot.

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
2 hours is ok for me as a good concentration training. Monthly social format is fine for me. We can add Clios as well if there will be more people on the grid. Maybe Spa next time?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
The VLN is a Nürburgring Combined-only championship :)
So, this would be every month on the same track.

We can vary weather and time of day.
I also hope at some point we can return to full damage. I like to suffer...

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy

areqq

GP2 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2016
Ahh sorry, my bad :). Full damage will be interesting, some hard core is welcome :-D

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Ahh sorry, my bad :). Full damage will be interesting, some hard core is welcome :-D

we went for performance impacting, because on the first VLN, (at night) I was the only one finishing. Limped across the line myself :p