PC - 90 Mins of GT1 + Grp A - Sakitto GP - 12/12/19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC 90 Mins of GT1 + Grp A - Sakitto GP - 12/12/19

atlasgehirn424

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2017
I´m in it.. But I´d like to stick with GT1 as tempting as it would be to get some Group A experience, I don´t have time to practice a lot :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Yes!!! My Audi gets a fresh run out!
I´m in it.. But I´d like to stick with GT1 as tempting as it would be to get some Group A experience, I don´t have time to practice a lot :)
You guys are boring... :sleep:

I know this is a social event and people can do as they please but the whole idea is to run the other class than what you ran in the league. Otherwise this'll just be another re-run of Sakitto which, for the record, we already did in the league itself :p
Tbh I don't have a lot of time for practicing for this since I'm in the middle of my exam preperations but I'll give it a shot either way and so should you guys :)

• Winner
Reactions: ApexMaibom

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
I feel the same as @TicklishPicklewickle. It would be way more fun to see everyone on thin ice and not just the same as in the series. I would be more than happy to share my killer setup for the M3 on this track, so that you won’t need more practice than the 10 minutes of quali.
Give it shot even if it’s a complete disaster, I guess most of us will struggle anyway

kraumn

Pro Karter
Nov 7, 2018
This event was to allow the Endurance league drivers to switch to the other class compared to what they had been running in for the league. As a way to experience how the other class works and deals with lapping other drivers.
I talked about what said andrex on the description, i forgot to specify, sorry and don't worry.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I would never force anyone to drive something they didn't want to drive, so if you have NO interest in driving the other class, then fair enough.
But yes, this is just s social race. It really doesn't matter where you finish, so in terms of practice, I wouldn't worry about it to be honest.
I don't think any of the cars are undrivable on defaults, or take something from the TT's, and that will probably be even better.
It's to see what it's like for the other class (from both sides), so we have a better understanding of what challenges the other class face, and I suspect experiencing it, it will help both sides have a better understanding of how things work and therefore improve (which again, helps both sides).

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
Currently have plans for Thursday evening but we'll see, will participate if I can - would probably take the BMW.

• Winner

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Bwoah im absolutely in but in which class should I drive?:unsure:
Gr. As are proper old touring cars. They're quite a handful to drive (which makes them very enjoyable as well) but they are not nearly as fast as GT1s. Because of that they are also easier to race closely in.
I haven't done much driving in GT1s yet but from what I've done I know they are fast and has quite a lot of downforce. Quite large cars as well. Almost prototype-esque if I dare say it :p

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
uuh just saw this by accident. I try to be in but I don't know if I make it in time. If I'm not there - don't wait for me! :p

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Tempted with the Porsche myself too.
Was going to take the Panoz, but looks like there are a few others already running it, so want some other cars on the grid.

Couldn't really get the McLaren / F50 / Toyota / Nissan to work,
Was faster in the Merc, but for 90 mins, I think the Porsche is a better bet for me.

@EikeSky are you joining us on track, or able to stream the race? :)

inkychris

Dec 9, 2018
Is the Nissan not still banned as it was in the league? I guess if it's not working for you anyway then it doesn't matter but remember you being a lot quicker in it during testing at Sonoma!

inkychris

Dec 9, 2018
Oh right yeah there's a Nissan in both...was clearly paying lots of attention during the league! You also mentioned in your first post the Group A Nissan is unavailable...

Also can't actually make tonight anymore sadly :(

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah, Nissan R390 is good at LeMans - Maybe Hock Classic / Monza too. But everywhere else, it's just rubbish...

Did fancy taking something stupid, like the Toyota, but yeah, was super understeery, unstable. And checking the TT's, Chloe is 2.5s slower than in the Porsche...