A Thought About How Penalties Are Appied | ApexOnlineRacing.com

A Thought About How Penalties Are Appied

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 13, 2016
As a math-type guy I wanted to point out that when a series has dropped races, how Penalties are applied matter.

Take the case of Josh Lad being DQed from a feature race for crossing the white line.

No feature points means there is a good chance this race will be dropped, meaning the penalty will be meaningless.

Perhaps for next season, instead of DQing a driver, penalty points can be assessed. (points deducted from a driver final season total that CANNOT be removed, just like bonus points) That way the penalty will have no effect on whether an is dropped.

Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 13, 2016
Follow up thought on the above.

In hindsight, the above post might be a case of, "Soup, stay in your lane. You do the commentary, we'll handle the rules".

Carry on.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I like to think there was 9 minutes of "Should I have said that? Was that too far? No... It's just an idea, right? I.. hmm.. no." *Type the next bit*

Ideas are always welcome.