PS4 - A1 Incident with Oldskool3000 - Left no space. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 A1 Incident with Oldskool3000 - Left no space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barton123

Pro Karter
Dec 3, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 A1
League Coordinator: @GameAholicFTW
Date: 17/11/19
Members Involved: @Oldskool3000 @Adrilocdoc
Description: Coming out of the fast right hander, I get the run and slipstream on @Oldskool3000 . I move out early to the side to avoid running into the back of him, and as I'm on softer tyres, brake later. You can see that by the start of the braking zone in Mark's video, the arrows are red, and are definitely red before the turning in point. As Mark turns in he chooses to leave no space, hits me off the track, despite the arrows being red. He could have easily taken a wider line and still kept fighting for the position.

My Evidence -

@Oldskool3000 video (starts @ 2:05).

@Adrilocdoc view from behind:

Last edited:

Oldskool3000

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2018
Also if you slow down to Quarter speed on YouTube you can see at 0:06 on Barton's POV the moment I brake. No overlap is present and from my pov at 2:06 showing it wasn't an early braking point at all.

barton123

Pro Karter
Dec 3, 2018
Less than 10 frames after the breaking point you can see below the arrow is red. It's not inconceivable that I brake later due to softer tyres, I am still making the corner without overspeed.

braking.PNG

You can also clearly see at the turning in point as @Oldskool3000 starts to the turn the wheel, the arrows are clearly red and they are ignored.

turning point.PNG

Oldskool3000

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2018
I didn't change my line in a braking zone. I had every right to the apex.
Your point of carrying speed is moot. When I broke on the racing line a the crorect time there was no overlap. I took that apex. I have the right to it.

Sticking your nose in doesn't mean (and is infact not within the rules) I should change my line under braking.

GameAholicFTW

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
Your point of carrying speed is moot. When I broke on the racing line a the crorect time there was no overlap. I took that apex. I have the right to it.

Sticking your nose in doesn't mean (and is infact not within the rules) I should change my line under braking.
Also moved

Oldskool3000

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2018
This is infact similar to the incident with Albon and Hamilton in real life this weekend. The car behind got a penalty and not Albon. Because of what I've outlined above. Based on what the FIA themself recommend on racing in regards to overlaps, braking zones and lines

barton123

Pro Karter
Dec 3, 2018

I never said you moved in the braking zone.

This is infact similar to the incident with Albon and Hamilton in real life this weekend. The car behind got a penalty and not Albon. Because of what I've outlined above. Based on what the FIA themself recommend on racing in regards to overlaps, braking zones and lines
If we're using real life examples, it's similar to the Leclerc overtake on Vettel in T1 before they collided down the straight. Leclerc was further back than I was, broke later than vettel (like I broke later than you) and vettel left him space, because, by the turning in point, if he'd turned he'd have hit him. You're not entitled to the corner because you brake for it first, by that logic I can brake halfway down the straight and say I'm entitled to the corner. You're entitled to the corner when no one is on your inside at the point of turning in.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have discussed the incident and view this as a racing incident. This case is very borderline, however we think @barton123 wasn't quite far enough alongside at the turn in point of the corner. No further action will be taken here.

@Oldskool3000 @GameAholicFTW

Status
Not open for further replies.