PC AC Challengue League - Discussion thread

Chechum

Premium Member
Premium Member
bannerAORChallenge.png

Hello everybody, we're glad to announce a new league for Assetto Corsa [PC], starting on 22nd January.
After the great event on Nordschleife, managed by @Mali Baćo and @Stephen Beswick , some drivers suggested the idea of creating a season or some series of events to bring back the original Assetto Corsa, a game we still love and whose mods do not stop growing. So here we are. This thread will be used to talk about everything about the league, as suggestions, complaints, doubts, etc.
Please, have a look on the folder of the league :
- Information, Sign up and Rules: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/ac-challenge-league-information-sign-up-rules.71936/
- Calendar and content (mods): https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/ac-challenge-league-calendar-and-content.71934/

Before I forget, I'd like to thank a few people for helping us. @aerosmudge and @Stephen Beswick for so many ideas and support, actually they are coordinators too :) @HaiCo and @Shooter80 for their immense kindness when explaining us the standards, the servers management, etc. Also thanks to @Mali Baćo for clarifying doubts related to the game. And, of course, thanks to all those drivers who took part of the form in the proposal, some of them helping in other ways and showing great enthusiasm. The structure of the league follows the decisions made by majority. You can check a summary of the results from the form

As most people, we wanted a season of 8 races approx, but we've made it shorter to check the continuity of the drivers. In the last F3, attendance had decreased considerably in the last races. We all have many ideas for future seasons, there are thousands of mods out there. Therefore, if this first season is successful, an immediate following season will start :)
Regarding tracks, Nordschleife was the winner. And it's a track loved by us, the coords. However, there was an event this month on Nordschleide, so it's still recent. But for sure it will be used in future seasons.

Then I hope this is the first of many seasons to come. We all take part of this league, so do not hesitate to collaborate, suggest, etc.

LIST OF DRIVERS (registration is still open):
@aerosmudge
@ThaPT
@Chechum
@Fluttering
@lieven
@no1else
@MelvinGous
@AntonioFG
@Diesel
@Stephen Beswick
@STATIC
@Davidgrundstrom
@Beppo
@taburetoh
@Nick89kk
@FaKexTerror
@jacd2003
@Byron Thompson
@Ihab Abbas
@J Sharr
@Huggy47
S Lafarga (via Discord)
@Vacteril
@Def
@madkingdom
RESERVE DRIVERS:
@vr4nj3s
@TheVerenzak
@Gerhard Niemand
@TheLoonyKing

Last edited:

Chechum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello!
First of all, sorry for the inconvenience to tag those people who may be no longer interested in AC events. If so, please let me know it by PM and we'll remove your name from the list.
I tag you in this message to inform you about a new league for Assetto Corsa (PC) called AC Challenge League, starting on Friday 22nd January. Besides, as an 'aperitif', you can join the event on 2nd January with our friends from SimRacers for Africa.
Due to some changes in AOR Discord, it's likely your role in AC social channel may have been reset. Check your role again if you're still interested in that channel.

- Assetto Corsa Challenge League: Information, sign up and rules
- 2nd January event vs SRA: AOR vs SRA. Information and sign up

Beppo

F1 Champion
Signed Up!

I'm looking forward to this, getting into the Meat of AC, finally! The format of the challenge is pretty interesting! Should be fun, also to prepare for these races, since I'll try to go full manual. So if someone finds a melted junk of bolts on track, it probably was my gearbox and engine :ROFLMAO:

Chechum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello :) As suggested in Discord, we've considered doing an friendly race on Friday 15th or Saturday 16th. It's not a mandatory race, but we believe it can be good for many reasons. First, to know each other. Second, we've thought of using one of the two cars which have open setup, so that we can start preparing the setup and save future time. The two cars with open setup are Nissan Primera (race 4, which is 14 days after race 3) and a prototype Corvette Daytona (last race, only 7 days after race 5).

- Which day can you race (if you want to race): Friday 15th or Saturday 16th?
- Which car would you like to drive? (I've suggested two cars but you can suggest any other, too)
- Any track do you want to drive on?

Drivers who hasn't signed up can also join us if there's space ;)
This is about to start :D Let's do it :cool:

Last edited:

Chechum

Premium Member
Premium Member
- I can both Friday 15th and Sat 16th
- I'd choose the prototype Corvette because between race 5 and 6 there's one week, not two
- Mugello, because I think setup may be similar to Spa (last race)

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
- I can both Friday 15th and Sat 16th
- I'd choose the prototype Corvette because between race 5 and 6 there's one week, not two
- Mugello, because I think setup may be similar to Spa (last race)
I agree with you @Chechum and I prefer Friday if possible, Saturday is also ok

Davidgrundstrom

Formula 4 1st Driver
i prefer Friday but might be able to attend on Saturday, depending on time of day.

Corvette sounds good. Track i have no preferences for

Nick89kk

Junior Karter
Ciao ragazzi, piacere di conoscervi, anche io preferisco fare la gara il 16, venerdì lavoro.
-Corvette Daytona
-Monza

Last edited:

Chechum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ciao ragazzi, piacere di conoscervi, anche io preferisco fare la gara il 16, venerdì lavoro.
-Corvette Daytona
-Monza
Hi Nicolas, nice to meet you :)
No offense, but could you speak English, mate? I've understood your message as I'm Spanish :D but this community is international, so we speak English.
Furthermore, can you drive on Friday from 22nd? The races of the league are on Friday. I'm asking you just to make sure ;)

Ciao!