PC - AC Formula 3 Season 2 League Sign-Up Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AC Formula 3 Season 2 League Sign-Up Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

kit462

Junior Karter
Jan 11, 2020
  • Can you race regularly on Monday nights at the provided time? yes
  • Have you read and acknowledged the AOR league rules and league information? yes I have
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): kit462
  • Nationality: german
  • Steam Player ID: 76561198064358402

• Speed Test:
    1578825296275.png
  • Complete the mandatory Time Trial event [The Check Box under 'Time Trial' will be checked once your TT is completed and indicates that your registration is complete]: Completed
thanks, looking forward for some great racing

greetings,

kit462

Reactions: Sarv_H25

GiulioS

Junior Karter
Aug 31, 2018
  • Can you race regularly on Monday nights at the provided time? Yes
  • Have you read and acknowledged the AOR league rules and league information? Yes
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): GiulioS
  • Nationality: Italian
  • Steam Player ID: 76561198018371692
  • Speed Test:

Attachments

Daniel Shields

S3 AOR PS4 Oceania F1 Champion
Mar 13, 2017
  • Have you read and acknowledged the AOR league rules and league information? Yes
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): sixcat
  • Nationality: Australia
  • Steam Player ID: 76561198168279171
  • Network test attached
    8A721128-BAD3-409E-AF79-21EFB0701ECB.png

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): Campo675
  • Nationality: South Africa
  • Steam Player ID: 76561198158717301
Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.12 - 20.19.11.35 (2).png

Graphyx

Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
  • Can you race regularly on Monday nights at the provided time? Yes!
  • Have you read and acknowledged the AOR league rules and league information? Yes!
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): Lucas Bortolozzi
  • Nationality: French
  • Steam Player ID: 76561198128695961
8939336799.png

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
so just want to confirm the starting procedure as there as been nothing posted about the zones for the rolling starts. Will it be standing starts? as I have read that it will be rolling starts

Sarv_H25

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
so just want to confirm the starting procedure as there as been nothing posted about the zones for the rolling starts. Will it be standing starts? as I have read that it will be rolling starts
Starts will be standing starts. No rolling starts or zones

MattyL

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 11, 2019
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): MattyL
  • Nationality: English
  • Steam Player ID:https:/steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198405938343
  • Speed Test:
  • Complete the mandatory Time Trial event [The Check Box under 'Time Trial' will be checked once your TT is completed and indicates that your registration is complete]

Attachments

Dirty Harry

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 5, 2020
  • an you race regularly on Monday nights at the provided time? Yes, unless of unexpected events
  • Have you read and acknowledged the AOR league rules and league information? Yes I do
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): G. "Dirty Harry" Cotti
  • Steam Player ID: STEAM_0:1:90346518
  • Speed Test: Attached

Attachments

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
I can’t join the Assetto server guys. What is the discord group name?

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I didn't really know where to ask this since there's no threads specifically for questions about the league so I thought this was the closest I would come to a "main thread". So I have 2 questions I want to ask:
  1. Any news on the DRS system?
    1. I asked this on Discord after last week's races and was told you would look into a potential solution. I didn't really like the way the DRS worked on track since you could basically just activate it every single lap which meant it worked nothing like irl. It was essentially just an additional button that you had to remember to press every lap. If you didn't you would lose loads of time. So it didn't really make sense to me why you chose to have this system if it doesn't work like irl. Imo you should either investigate if there is a way to make it work like irl (perhaps in the server settings) or find a way to remove it altogether as it doesn't add anything to the racing.
  2. Why do you only do the sign-ups on the forums and then leave the forum and move everything on Discord?
    1. Something that is also very new to me and that might be why I'm questioning it. I would imagine that to some people coming from "the outside" of the league it would seem like the league is rather closed and private. If you had no idea that we were running things entirely on Discord and were just looking at the forums, you would think that the league was dead since nothing happens here after sign-ups. At least compared to most other leagues on this forum where most of the organization and communication happens on the forums. At least potential new drivers for the league would be able to know that the season is still underway if everything happened on the forums as usual, which is why I don't understand the reasoning behind your choice to do it on Discord instead.
@Sarv_H25

Sarv_H25

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
@TicklishPicklewickle We had looked into DRS very extensively last year however there is no way that Assetto Corsa allows currently to deactivate DRS for online sessions. And yes, AC in its current state also doesn't allow players to enable DRS restrictions based on vehicle gaps (just like its supposed to be in real life) so drivers are responsible for activating it each lap. We have it mentioned in the rules now.

I would absolutely love to have DRS use fall in line with how it is used in real life (and that was our goal), but unfortunately it isn't possible to do so currently with Assetto Corsa. And we didn't want the entire season to be jeopardized due to this prevailing issue.

Sarv_H25

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
I didn't really know where to ask this since there's no threads specifically for questions about the league so I thought this was the closest I would come to a "main thread". So I have 2 questions I want to ask:
  1. Any news on the DRS system?
    1. I asked this on Discord after last week's races and was told you would look into a potential solution. I didn't really like the way the DRS worked on track since you could basically just activate it every single lap which meant it worked nothing like irl. It was essentially just an additional button that you had to remember to press every lap. If you didn't you would lose loads of time. So it didn't really make sense to me why you chose to have this system if it doesn't work like irl. Imo you should either investigate if there is a way to make it work like irl (perhaps in the server settings) or find a way to remove it altogether as it doesn't add anything to the racing.
  2. Why do you only do the sign-ups on the forums and then leave the forum and move everything on Discord?
    1. Something that is also very new to me and that might be why I'm questioning it. I would imagine that to some people coming from "the outside" of the league it would seem like the league is rather closed and private. If you had no idea that we were running things entirely on Discord and were just looking at the forums, you would think that the league was dead since nothing happens here after sign-ups. At least compared to most other leagues on this forum where most of the organization and communication happens on the forums. At least potential new drivers for the league would be able to know that the season is still underway if everything happened on the forums as usual, which is why I don't understand the reasoning behind your choice to do it on Discord instead.
@Sarv_H25
I didn't realize that using discord had become such an issue? :unsure: Just like all other leagues on AOR, we use discord simply as a more efficient and quicker means of communications between players. Its only an add-on. Drivers still actively talk on the forums here quite regularly if anything major needs to be discussed (results, standings, rules, sign ups, etc)

You might feel as if the league is "private" due to the fact that Assetto Corsa league racing on PC is very rare. AC at the moment also has a significantly smaller participation rate when comapred to other sims even here on AOR. These factors are perhaps what make you think that the league is "closed off" which it most definitely is not. Getting Assetto Corsa PC leagues back up and running on AOR was a big project that began early least year (along with AC F2000). And we're really glad we've come this far.

I hope I've answered your questions. :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I didn't realize that using discord had become such an issue? :unsure: Just like all other leagues on AOR, we use discord simply as a more efficient and quicker means of communications between players. Its only an add-on. Drivers still actively talk on the forums here quite regularly if anything major needs to be discussed (results, standings, rules, sign ups, etc)

You might feel as if the league is "private" due to the fact that Assetto Corsa league racing on PC is very rare. AC at the moment also has a significantly smaller participation rate when comapred to other sims even here on AOR. These factors are perhaps what make you think that the league is "closed off" which it most definitely is not. Getting Assetto Corsa PC leagues back up and running on AOR was a big project that began early least year (along with AC F2000). And we're really glad we've come this far.

I hope I've answered your questions. :)
I see. I must've completely misunderstood this statement then :p
As the season begins, almost all announcements and updates will be made in the discord to those with the correct role (under #ac-f3-league-chat).
I can see it says almost all of course which I mistakenly read as everything entirely. But I also think you misunderstood me a bit ;)
I guess what I meant about the forums being "left behind" is that there's not things such as weekly race threads posted for example where people can discuss specifics about that round regarding the tracks etc. or a "main thread" for everything related to the league as a whole which I mentioned being missing here on the forums as well :)
It's not so much a hassle for myself as I'm fine with whatever as long as it's clearly communicated how we do things. It's more a suggestion for you guys in regards to what kind of message you send to people who are completely new to AOR and perhaps want to join the league. They will most likely compare this section to all the other sections on the website and they will see that there are no race threads or main threads up. So they might think that the league never got off its feet or perhaps it is already over. They can of course look in the calendar and see that we are still underway but if you compare to say a game like Project Cars 2 where I'm codding or the big ol' Goliath F1, you can simply look at the latest race thread and see if that race is to be held or has already been held.
Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain :p
Anyways, it's nothing but a suggestion from me to you to perhaps consider to have a bit more of an "active" forum so to speak as this is the place where new drivers will look to get into our leagues. Some people who are completely new might not even know that we have a Discord server :)

Sarv_H25

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
I see. I must've completely misunderstood this statement then :p

I can see it says almost all of course which I mistakenly read as everything entirely. But I also think you misunderstood me a bit ;)
I guess what I meant about the forums being "left behind" is that there's not things such as weekly race threads posted for example where people can discuss specifics about that round regarding the tracks etc. or a "main thread" for everything related to the league as a whole which I mentioned being missing here on the forums as well :)
It's not so much a hassle for myself as I'm fine with whatever as long as it's clearly communicated how we do things. It's more a suggestion for you guys in regards to what kind of message you send to people who are completely new to AOR and perhaps want to join the league. They will most likely compare this section to all the other sections on the website and they will see that there are no race threads or main threads up. So they might think that the league never got off its feet or perhaps it is already over. They can of course look in the calendar and see that we are still underway but if you compare to say a game like Project Cars 2 where I'm codding or the big ol' Goliath F1, you can simply look at the latest race thread and see if that race is to be held or has already been held.
Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain :p
Anyways, it's nothing but a suggestion from me to you to perhaps consider to have a bit more of an "active" forum so to speak as this is the place where new drivers will look to get into our leagues. Some people who are completely new might not even know that we have a Discord server :)
Oh yes, we will definitely add race specific threads in the future. I think that would be a great addition. I used to race in PC2 here a lot so I know what you are trying to say. ;)

Bechir Andrei

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 27, 2019
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): Bechir Andrei
  • Nationality: Romanian
  • Steam Player ID: 76561198052280180
  • Speed Test:

Sarv_H25

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
  • an you race regularly on Monday nights at the provided time? Yes, unless of unexpected events
  • Have you read and acknowledged the AOR league rules and league information? Yes I do
  • In-Game Name (Used on Assetto Corsa Profile): G. "Dirty Harry" Cotti
  • Steam Player ID: STEAM_0:1:90346518
  • Speed Test: Attached
Hi mate, could you please post your Steam 64 ID using the link on the sign up template? Seems that you may have accidentally copied something wrong on this sign up.

Sarv_H25

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
Hi folks,

I've updated the post with our server credentials which are as follows:

Lobby Credentials:
Server Name: AORF3_S2
Password: AORaceS2

The server won't be online 24/7, it will primarily be online only during race days on Monday around 20:00 GMT.