PC - AC Formula 3 Season 2 Time Trial Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AC Formula 3 Season 2 Time Trial Thread

Sarv_H25

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018

Time Trial

All drivers will have to complete the time trial event as part of their sign-up for the AC Formula 3 League. We ask you to please put a reasonable amount of effort into your times so that we get laps that are representative of your speed in these cars.

This time trial is NOT designed for league placement, rather a showcase of the settings our races will take place in and each prospective drivers' acknowledgement of them.

Submission Template:
Simply reply to this thread using the following template:
-[In-Game Name]
-[Lap Time]
-[Screenshot]

Please use the following track and assist settings for this Time Trial:

Car: RSS 3 V6
Track: Silverstone GP Circuit

Session:
Time of Day: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Ambient Temp: 19 C
Time Multiplier: 1x
Setup: Default
Track Surface: Optimum

Realism:
Traction Control and ABS
: Factory
Stability Control: OFF
Tyre Blankets: ON
Auto Clutch: ON
Auto Throttle Blip: ON
Fuel Consumption, Tyre Wear: OFF
DRS: ON

1577727998536.png

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
The deadline for submitting this, is that the same as for sign-ups?

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
One more question, is it a requirement to keep the setup on default for the TT? And what do we define as default setup? Asking because I just noticed there are 3 compounds of tyres for this car and wondered if they count as changing the setup or not?

Sarv_H25

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
One more question, is it a requirement to keep the setup on default for the TT? And what do we define as default setup? Asking because I just noticed there are 3 compounds of tyres for this car and wondered if they count as changing the setup or not?
Yep, the goal of this time trial is to allow prospective drivers to get an understanding of the conditions the league will take place under and their acknowledgement of them. So we would want drivers to use the default setup that the game loads the RSS 3 V6 with.

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
Okay... so clearly being away from sim racing, the PC and gaming can send dummies like me back to the Stone Age. Can’t seem to get the rev led strip to light up in game (the RSS f3 in-game) and also, is DRS an additional download? I have a button assigned to it but nothing happens when I press it, also have no indicator on the in-game wheel. Man, I feel so irritated at the fact that I’m feeling this lost. I better get my s*ht together quick

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Okay... so clearly being away from sim racing, the PC and gaming can send dummies like me back to the Stone Age. Can’t seem to get the rev led strip to light up in game (the RSS f3 in-game) and also, is DRS an additional download? I have a button assigned to it but nothing happens when I press it, also have no indicator on the in-game wheel. Man, I feel so irritated at the fact that I’m feeling this lost. I better get my s*ht together quick
Sounds to me like you just don't have the mod installed correctly. When you install the zip file, open the first couple of folders until you get to where there are just the content and extensions folders. Just mark those 2 and copy them directly into your AC installation folder. Then everything should automatically be placed where it needs to be.
As for DRS you need to map a button to the "DRS activation" slot. It's not easy to see on the wheel in-game but there is a tiny green LED in the top right corner of the wheel that'll light up when you have DRS activated. There's also some in-game HUD that shows when DRS is activated. Think it's just the "Electronics" HUD

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for the reply and help. Discovered that my custom shader patch CSP was at fault. Changed my version and it works now. Helped my lap times but still have a bit to go to get used to this car and have a respectable time