PC - AC_F3_S2_Hocenheim_BackmarkerOvertake | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AC_F3_S2_Hocenheim_BackmarkerOvertake

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
League: AC Formula 3 Season 2
League Coordinator: @Sarv_H25 @Mali Baćo
Date: 27/01/2020
Members Involved: @Cheekymunkey78 and Andy T (that is his Game name, do not know what it is in this Forum)
Description:
Andy T was a lap down and trying to un-lap himself from the car in front who I was racing for position. I was gaining on them both. After two attempts to un-lap himself I caught Andy T quickly. For several corners Andy did not yield, there were clear points where he could have. I was quicker through most of it but had to brake check 4 times. I would like a Stewards ruling to help me and provide clarity on back markers yielding when being lapped please.
Did the Driver wait to give back any positions required: N/A
Evidence:

Three Camera Settings (TV - Bonnet - TV) each change resets to the start of the incident.

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
I did not yield to Cheekymunkey as I had no information showing that he was a lap above.

I have a dash unit (imaged below but shown on a seperate 7" screen module) that blinks blue when a lapping car is behind. These were not active when cheekymunkey was behind, the lights are tested and do work including the yellow flag/red flag leds, even the "DRS allowed/active" lights.
Dash 1.jpg

The large light panels on the side of the track were also not showing blue (not visible in replay) therefore no information.
This incident was compounded further by me trying to avoid multiple collisions with the car in front as per rule 1.2.1 and in accordance with other league rules I have attended (2.1.3 - If you are going faster than a car that has lapped you, do not attempt to unlap yourself unless it is safe to do so and doesn't hinder the car in front).

There was also no clear communication, verbal or other, from Cheekymunkey informing me that he was trying to lap (Rule 1.6.3). If there had been I would of moved.

Being new to AC I am yet to find a suitable HUD element that shows relative driver positions informing of competing/lapped status (help would be appreciated).

As for closing the gap and being quicker, for the 2 laps prior to the incident above I was pulling away from cheekymunkey and gaining on gaseppe Cotti (Dirty Harry??) the only reason for Cheekymunkey closing the gap was the numerous avoiding actions needed to avoid colliding with Cotti who seemed to be struggling at multiple points.

Video (from the overhead camera, I exclusively race from the cockpit view in all races).

Last edited:

Sarv_H25

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Dec 27, 2018
@Cheekymunkey78 Could you please provide details or new replays supporting and confirming that Andy T or Mearcat was a lap behind in this particular race at those moments, if possible? Your footage and Mearcat's footage both don't provide relatives or timings showing that car #42 was a lap behind car #18.

As @Mearcat claims that they did not see any visible signals indicating that they were holding up a faster car, the stewards simply want to confirm what was initially stated.

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Screen as requested.

Cheekymunkey78 = Car 18
Andy T = Car 42

Leaderboard shows me in P11 and Andy in P12

Relative shows Andy T in front of me (note: details of laps incorrect in replay as always).

During the race Andy was coloured Blue on my Relative timing screen (That's how I know he was a lap down - I have not got footage of this)

Overtake.png

Evidence of laps number error from another replay.
Silverstone AC_F3_S2 - note all on same lap, me and behind me showing 1 lap less.
overtake2.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sarv_H25

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
Relative timing screen
I am aware this is in with the stewards, but thanks to the image above from Cheekymunkey and a quick search, I have found that there are more ingame apps available that I had not been aware of, including the relative time box that I have now added to my HUD along with deciphering the colour coding. Alongside my display module this will help in future races.

I have also found that the game does show a flag symbol in the top left of the drawn screen coloured for the different marshalling, but it is small and due to my triple screen layout it shows out of my line of sight and I cannot confirm if it showed during the race.

I await the verdict.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Closing with 10s + 5pp for driving in a unsporting manner for @Mearcat

Status
Not open for further replies.