Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianSchmitz

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
Platform + League: PC + ACC GT3 AM
League Coordinator: @GIXXERosg @morphee7
Date: 03.12.2019
Members Involved: I actually can't resolve his name, some prosche driver named Sebastian apparently.

Description:

Not waiting up after causing a collision:
With a gap way too big to go for a dive, under 100% break input the whole time he plowed into my rearend and spun me. He actually kinda went in a straight line for my rear somewhat of a weird corner approach. (usually I don't really like that rule but an aggressive incident the lap before got me triggered.)
Lessons learned: After misjudging a breaking like that one could easy open up his steering and go the wide rout instead of getting contact.
Evidence:

Zadra

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 13, 2019
Yes, first of all, sorry. This incident could be avoided somehow... maybe.

During revision only for that moment, it was a scratch or maybe for game system it was so soft that was not registered. Maybe a simple hitbox and lag issue, no matter what it was a little touch on back and not intentional. Being honest from my perspective, I'm not sure If I touched him (there were no-hit sound onboard). The plan was to get inside and overtake from outside.

In that corner, You don't have to downshift to 1st gear and stop in middle. Actually Smitz shouldn't be there, just half meter ahead. You are right @JulianSchmitz I could go outside and it was my play, but Your extra breaking in the middle of a corner was a surprise for me.

I know that defending a position is nothing bad but not when You are slower than the car before and then its a fight for nothing. In this incident, I lose the opportunity to fight for P8 going down to P14
2 or maybe 3 laps before I had a clean takeover with Lambo (Stanek) and it was clean... maybe because he was using CarRadar for better situation awareness (this should be mandatory to use)
Attached a link to clip from replay with a different angle with extra break: https://we.tl/t-6eZ2esKdeV

• Disagree
Reactions: StephenCarry

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I know that defending a position is nothing bad but not when You are slower than the car before and then its a fight for nothing.
I don't understand your comment above :S
You are suggesting he shouldn't defend against you, because you were faster?
That is the whole point of defending.... and everyone has the right to defend, regardless if they are the slowest driver on the track, with the fastest driver behind them.
It's up to the passing car to manage the overtake safely and cleanly.
If you are faster than someone, you have to understand that there is a reason why you are faster, which would in most cases be that they are slower into a corner. So you really have to expect that you may be able to carry more speed into a corner / brake later / etc.
And certainly if you feel you may have 'scratched' someone, causing them to spin, you wait for them to regain the position ahead of you.

Zadra

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 13, 2019
I absolutely did not want my explanation to be received in this way. You are absolutely right, the excuse for being faster is neither good nor nice. I know because I myself received it many times at the very beginning of my SimRacing and I am not like that. Heading for the merits. The impact, light or not, was not intentional at all.

JulianSchmitz

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
I see now I actually touched my break midcorner right before contact, now I'm not sure if the whole situation is because of netcode/rubberbanding.
I feel like my brakeinput came in after contact, but I don't have a recording of my live view.
But could also be that I saw you flying in and released brakes because of that dunno anymore.

Either way about the defending thing, you have to go one lap back to see how I let enough room when you go for a attack at that corner, and then next corner you cut my line (because of letting me room and going over the inside curb and upsetting your car) and we touch but with a better ending. I was in reach for P8 after you touched me that lap before, the lap of matter here you put much more back in the field. On that lap before you were on my bumper and couldn’t make the move happen with like all the room of the world. So there was no reason for me to expect you to come in from 5-6 tenths back. I mean it wasn’t even a dive of yours because you couldn’t make it alongside, just rearending.

No heart feelings tho fellow co-racer it's just I feel like every race this season I end up in a bad place and if it's not on a mistake clearly on my side by pushing it to hard it's almost assured that one on track can't handle his car among others safely.

Edit: Just took a look at your VOD, might be bad luck of yours but during the laps of my concern (6-8) you had 3 car contacts ... good for you this isn't iracing where you had collected 12x in that short time ...

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
the inquiry was moved to stewards a couple of days ago but i forgot to notify it here, sorry about that.
i'll add the new comments

Reactions: JulianSchmitz

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Closing with 20 second time penalty + 15 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision + failing to wait for @Zadra
Was too far back to do an overtake attempt
@GIXXERosg @JulianSchmitz @VoodooChild

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.