Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Platform + League: PC Elite
League Coordinator: @Chloé , @paleez
Date: 03.12.2019
Members Involved: First Incident: @One_Ko @Kapo @Pogadl ( I dont know his forum name), @C.Berges RT93 ( don't know his name either), @paleez
Second Incident: @Lusti, @Kapo, @Pogadl, @Isias Varela (don't know his forum name), @MTR Marley(is any name even correct in the game??),
@C.Berges RT93

Description:
First Incident was people not taking their spaces and accelerating before the race even started just to brake again. Because of the limited visibility I thought the race was on its way but I was wrong appereantly. I somehow managed to take evasive action and not hitting anyone. @One_Ko was probably as surprised as me and also took the same route wich led to an accident between us. I got big damage at the back of my car which led to massive oversteer. (btw: this inquiry is not against OneKo because he suffered the same fate as me)

Second Incident wascaused by a massive crash in front of me. I tried to evade the situation with success at first. When people rejoined the race they seemed to ignore everything around them. I was a victim of an avoidable crash. My car was done and I didn't see any reason to continue for one hour.

Last note: I am devastated at how the ELITE tier evolved to an "I don't care about anyone" tier.

Evidence 1 and 1.1:

Evidence 2 and 2.2:

Last edited:

Isaias Varela

Pro Karter
Oct 3, 2019
Second incident:

I tried to avoid the collision on the chicane, but by mistake I took too much kerb, pushing me too inside of track. I didnt have expected to be that higher

Edit: Clip should work now

Last edited:

Corentin.B

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Not sure how i'm concerned by the incidents ? The start i just pressed gas pedal when i saw at least one car ahead moving (couldn't see further in front) so i guess many guys closed small to bigger gaps which lead to this effect. Congrats to the the merc driven by @One_Ko behind me who took avasive action in a split second !

Second incident i floored the pedal when i was i was almost in the middle of a four wide closing on me. I see on the replay i touched a bit the ferrari on my right, didn't feel it live, sorry.

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
For the second incident:
I think Marley wasnt aware of the 3 wide situation

• Agree
Reactions: Tudesertpac

Robin P.

Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2019
First of all:
Look how we were supposed to line up and how D. King did it. I mean... seriously!?

King should have been lining up right in front of me. That's why there was such a big gap in the grid. I followed the rules and tried to stay exactly 1 lane behind Kapo Guneysu, so that Correntin Berges was able to slot back into his position on my left (we shared a row).

Concerning the incident itself:
Before the start I was staring at Kapo's back all the time. My task was to stay within a certain distance to him, so that's what I tried to concentrate on. Then he started accelerating, so I jumped on the throttle as well. But then the cars ahead slowed down again. So I tried to decelerate as gentle as possible without accidentally overtaking Kapo Guneysu.

Personal opinion:
Well the guys behind me are absolutely innocent here of course, but I wouldn't blame Kapo, King (apart from totally failing to line himself up) or anyone else up front either. The starting system is just completely retarded in my view. Already after the Monza incident I tried to explain that situations like this happen in almost every single race so far to the people towards the back of the grid. So now it's 2/7 collisions and that's still a fairly good statistic considering how dangerous and stupid this system actually is. Just look at this compilation. Every race cars ahead accelerate before the start or at least someone fails to line up correctly in front of me. The only exception is Spa, where I started 7th. This is ridiculous.

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
@Robin if you watch the formation lap back I clearly drove very slow to let the green Ferrari past he had so many opportunities to pass but he just stayed behind and went even slower on the straight and look at the gap it creates so how you can blame me for forming up wrong is beyond me

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
He was clearly showing that he wanted to stay out of formation to try have a clean first corner

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Indeed, Odds on the inside for T1 = Odds on the right, evens on the left.
It's the Green Ferrari that is out of position, and should have been on the right hand lane.
Dalking did nothing wrong here.

And as a quick note about the 'Stupid starting system' it seams odd that these issues tend to be mostly in the Elite Tier...
Other Tiers seam to be handling things much better on the whole. And in reality, we feel that t's the only real viable option for starting a race.
But feel free to leave feedback at the end of the season.

Reactions: dalking38

Robin P.

Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2019
@Robin if you watch the formation lap back I clearly drove very slow to let the green Ferrari past he had so many opportunities to pass but he just stayed behind and went even slower on the straight and look at the gap it creates so how you can blame me for forming up wrong is beyond me
I'm sorry to initially blame you, if I was wrong. But as Vodoo showed, you started 21. I also wanted to show this in my video. That's why I put a couple of seconds from the standing grid into the video. Odds on the right means, that we should form up like in the default standing grid before the formation lap. And in this grid I was on the right, you were right in front of me, Berges next to me and Kapo on your left. And the only difference to that in the rolling start is you being on the left instead of right.

But it is also correct, that everyone of us seems to have gained a position during the formation lap. I did not notice this, but probably someone teleported himself to the pits or spun out?

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Yup, I was going by what position he was as he approached the line, regardless of Qually position.
No idea why everyone looks to have gained a position, but you have to drive to which position you are in.

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
Ok, let me tell you what happened there.I'm the Green Ferrari. I qualified 22nd place and I didnt pay attention who was behind me after the qualify. I started my engine and waited for P21 car so we formed up. In formation lap my relative hud was bugged, It showed some stupid positions for everyone and I didnt take it seriously until when we reached the formation point. I checked my position again and I saw that I'm 21th and I thought I mistakenly jump started and passed the car who supposed to be in front of me at the start. I didnt want to gain position and I wanted to stay on the left line so he can pass. Thats why I wanted to be on the left line because I was sure that I had to be in P22. Its not that I didnt choose to staying out of trouble for the first corner or something like that, I just didnt want to gain the position that I dont deserve. That was the reason.
When I checked the replay, it was Amato who was missing on the grid but the game somehow registered him as p20 at the start..

As you can see from the Robin's video, everyone behind me formed up as their qualify results so I dont think it was only me who was confusing there. Anyway, I'm sorry for who was involved with this if it was all my fault.

MY POV:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Closing with NFA for Incident 1 and 10 second time penalty + 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision for @Carlw1986

@paleez @Chloé

• Informative
Reactions: Chloé
Status
Not open for further replies.