PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Elite - ROUND 4 - Barcelona - 20.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Elite - ROUND 4 - Barcelona - 20.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 16, 2019

ROUND 4 - Barcelona

Event Information:

Date: Tuesday 20-08-19
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 90 mins

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Light Rain + 30% chance to change

- Race start: Light Rain + 30% chance to change
(Quali and Race conditions likely to be similar)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18:00
- Race start time: 19:00 (x10 time acceleration)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Point:

Server settings (note, these may change slightly as the week goes on, will keep updated and notify if this happens)

Code:
{
    "track": "barcelona",
    "eventType": "E_6h",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 500,
    "postQualySeconds": 60,
    "postRaceSeconds": 120,
    "ambientTemp": 30,
    "trackTemp": 35,
    "cloudLevel": 0.60,
    "rain": 0.27,
    "weatherRandomness": 2,
    "sessions": [
    {
      "hourOfDay": 18,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "Q",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 19,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 10,
      "sessionType": "R",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 90
    }
    ],
    "configVersion": 1
}

Last edited by a moderator:

Tudesertpac

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
I don't get it with the rain. It's cool and all but do I really need to put effort into a third wet setup uff

In addition to that doing a qualy in rain is just pure luck in games

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
i have to admit im not against rain races but to have to do two 90min wet races plus for the guys in teir 2 who did hungry in the wet it just seems a bit over the top we could of maybe had one of the 45min races wet instead imo.

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
the objective is to have a race with dynamic transitions (which is different from what we had in nurburgring) possibly avoiding red flag conditions.

the server settings for dynamic weather are confusing and get tweaked at every patch, so we're testing as extensively as possible.

do I really need to put effort into a third wet setup uff
it's up to you.
default setups are pretty good .

Reactions: Tudesertpac

Tudesertpac

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Give me a good setup vodoo

No but I understand this is a test league so I shut up now haha

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Current planned server settings uploaded to all AOR servers and edited into original post. Will update if anything changes, although we hope to not need to change them.

Tranq

Pro Karter
Jul 12, 2019
Yeah I really dont think I'm able to do a 90 min race cause of the issues I mentioned sadly but I'll definitely give it a watch and see how it goes

• Informative
Reactions: Chloé

Lusti

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 25, 2018
I'm not able to race this one. 3g internet not stable enough for a game...:D Hopefully I'll be back on the next week with a normal internet connection.

• Informative
Reactions: Chloé

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
TIP & TRICKS

the pitstop strategy is still glitched, so if you want to change tyres compound, the pressures you carefully prepared before the race will be completely gone.

In this example, I started the race in dry tyres and I prepared the pitstop strategy 5 as WET tyres with saved initial pressures around 26-27 PSI, but when it started raining and O selected the strategy in MFD, it had initial pressures around 22 PSI.

Instead of correcting the pressure (which would have required like 200 clicks on my wheel rim buttons) i switched to strategy 4, which had DRY tyres, and changed them to WET. The pressures resetted to 27.3/27.2 so i was only few clicks away from the pressures i really wanted.

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: -L.X.- and Kapo

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Hey guys, It is going to be difficult for me to join this one. Also, I am too new to the game to properly compete. Can I be put as a reserve for example?

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
That was the worst race ever... no start works and the start time was not respected... only a joke... i hope really its a test season

• Happy
Reactions: Julian Peiker

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Good race for me. Loving driving this game what ever the conditions. :)
Have to say the first 2 starts were a bit of a shambles. To be the Elite tier and have two jump starts and not learn from the 1st one is unbelievable lol. But in all seriousness we should be able to go racing 1st time around not 3rd.
However for me these restarts led me to taking the wrong setup but luckily with the right amount of fuel. When we were on the third formation I gambled and pitted from 8th on the grid to get slicks and got upto 2nd place.
I then pitted for a second time fearing a blow out after 1 hour and a half on one set of tyres if I stayed out. Came out 10th and got back up to 6th in the last half an hour.
I am now glad I pitted as @Tudesertpac got a puncture and somehow @Chloé didnt.
Must be the way that each person drives the tyres. But I'm glad I pitted now either way.
Great racing once again from @-L.X.- !!
Had a great scrap after my spin in turn 8 with 25 mins to go and had a mega 2 lap battle. Very well driven mate. Enjoyed that one! Highlight of the race for me.
See you all for the final round.