PC - ACC GT3 - Season 1 Feedback thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 - Season 1 Feedback thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Hello guys,

After this test season, it's time for you drivers to chip in and give us your thoughts or impressions on this test season.

You can talk about anything, as long as you stay constructive. I don't want to see people fighting and accusing each other of bad driving standards. As you know we are looking to provide better experience especially in Tier 1.

What did you think of the race format (45/90 mins rotating), weather, weather transition, the way enquiries were handled, etc.? These are only a few things to get you going..

I'm particularly interested to read posts from newcomers, so again, feel free to speak your mind.

Thanks to all of you! :whistle:

Martin Schumacher

Semi-Pro Karter
May 19, 2019
hello first
my wish list:
- start in order as it determines the game, do not dive the rows to even or odd, which in my opinion can irritate the people unnecessarily
- the start is released by the startlight and not by the leading as in real, as above, can lead to unnecessary irritating and errors
-race length: how about 1 hour run the whole season?
-weather: was ok in itself, only the time multipliers are in my opinion too high, but have no idea how to set the server in order to get as realistic settings as you can in general
-an practice only server for training, 5h for example
translated by google

after reading my post again, im not sure if its clear what i mean with my second point: im mean we should start with the green light as in reallife, and not the leader starts the race, why should we not do it like in RL, its way less stressfull and everyone can have a chance of a good or bad start, and not like in last season where the leader has a big advantage

Last edited:

sellew

Formula Karter
Jul 1, 2019
First of all I was not signed up for this season, but I did do practice races for the last 3 races. My views are purely subjective.

Rolling start: There seems to be some confusing on when to start, even though the rules are clear. Can the green light be turned off or could the rules be changed to go on green?

Weather: It's cool to have dynamic weather, but personally I would like to see wet weather races limited to one, maybe two races in a full season (10 races). I will admit that this view is most likely because I am a noob, and having to grasp pit strategies and wet weather is just too much to keep focus. I can imagine that variable weather might be more fun, as these things become second nature.

Duration: 15 mins quali and 45 mins race seems to be a great balance. I don't think an ekstra 15 mins of race adds anything. One or two longer races with reversed grids are also great and adds some diversity. Longer races (>60 mins) is an issue for me due to family and work and I have to cool down for a bit before being able too sleep.

Practice races: Very good training. More of these and please make 1 or 2 of these for each race. It is also very nice to have practice servers that are setup similar to the race server.

Last edited:

dopey401

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 30, 2018
Coming from pc2 gt3 league i have some suggestions:

Race start:
- adding a few extra minutes to the race length and having a manual formation lap without that green flag would decrease confusion

Weather and time progression:
- random weather is ok for me
But having random weather with 10x time progression is pretty much the worst thing you can do
Forecast in that particular race only showed the next 3 minutes...

Race length and format
- i think doing 60/90 minutes races would shoul be the way to go
I know some that some cars have problems with fuel consumption
Adding mandatory pit stops can help reducing the time loss for refueling
It also adds chances for people who had a minor collision and caught a small amount of damage
I know that you guys want to see on track racing and no strategy battles
But in my opinion the lack of strategic possibilites lead to riskful overtaking moves especially on tracks that are not overtaking friendly

Racedays and servers:
- 19.45: starting the server with practice
20.00: forward to next session
So quali times and track conditions are the same as in practice
simply restarting the session via server command lead to wrong quali times
T2 had quali start in paul ricard at 12.30 while it was set in the calender at 12.00...

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
First of all, thanks again all for organizing this season. It was great fun!

I, personally, would like to see an increase from 45 minutes to 60 minutes in racetime. I read 45 minute races were chosen because there were issues with cars, or 1 car in particular (the Merc), running out of fuel during 60 minute stints. That has been addressed in one of the previous patches, and it can now finish a 1 hour stint on all tracks, but will have to run ECU2 on some tracks --- which isn't slower than ECU1 at all, just more fuel efficient.
60 minute races bring a bit more dynamic with regards to tires, as tires start to fall off around 45 minutes. If you preserve them well, you might end up closing in or even overtaking some people in front of you who were not preserving the tires a lot, or maybe even overdriving them. This also goes the other way around, if you overdrive the tires, people behind you might catch up and overtake you.
I'm undecided about the 90 minute races. I like them, but wouldn't mind to see an increase to 2 hours. Currently some cars can run a 90 minute stint without refueling, just running a higher ECU map and do some extra fuel saving. That's not fair, and that's not the way I imagined the intention of 90 minute races. I figured the intention was to force people to pit and add some extra dynamic to the races that way, some sort of tactic. 2 hours might be too long for some people tho, and it might hurt the amount of drivers we will have for those races, so I'm hoping Kunos will implement mandatory pitstops, maybe even set a minimum pit time, so cars with better fuel consumption will be in the pits (atleast) the same amount of time compared to cars who have higher fuel consumption.

I personally like driving in dry, rainy and stormy conditions, so I don't really mind the randomness in weather. What I do hope for, but that's more of an issue that's in Kunos' hands and not in AOR's, is that we will have a better indication of what conditions we can expect for the upcoming race. In real life people would know, based on weather predictions, whether the race day is gonna be rain, stormy or dry. Ofcourse, there's no 100% guarantee the predictions are correct, but a lot of the time they're close. In the game it's completely random without any form of weather prediction, which is not in line with reality at all. In higher time-multiplier races, you can't even see what weather is coming up because the time-multiplier also affects the weather prediction system in the game, so with a 10x time-multiplier the weather prediction system will only predict 3 minutes ahead.

The way inquiries are handled is good, although, even after a recent thread in which people were asked to report more incidents to increase the driving standards, no one seems to really care about them and just shrug the incidents off. Which ofcourse is unfortunate, but not so much in AOR's hands.
With this being the first season and a lot of newcomers to AOR, a bit more chaos on track is to be expected. I personally haven't had to deal with a lot of bad driving, fortunately, but seeing some of the streams, there's a lot left to be desired with regards to driving standards.

I think the idea of a Superpole to decide in which tiers people would drive was good, only thing I'd do differently next time is change the track. Misano isn't a well-known track, it takes some time to get used to the corners and find a fast line through there. Based on the results and the laptimes I saw people do in streams and screenshots, I think some people weren't placed in the correct tier, maybe because they weren't familiar with Misano.

All in all, pretty happy about the first season. Thanks to all the coordinators for setting up the season, and thanks to @Deerladog for the streams!

Last edited:

SergioKillerLA

Formula Karter
Jul 3, 2019
First of all, I want to thank all the organizers behind this ACC league.
It was a great experience for me that made me progress a lot.
So many good pilots, some great battles!
I can't wait for the next session start.

Rolling start : I agree with the previous post
@Martin Schumacher and @sellew, the start is a little confusing and especially for those who are in the middle or end of the grid.

Weather: Perfect for the weather. it spices up for some races (especially since I've fixed my pit menu issues).

Duration: I love the 15min training and the 45min race format.
However, as a VR player, 90 minutes is a bit too long.
My clothes, my gloves and my seat are soaked. My PC increases the temperature of the room by more than 5 degrees (celsus).
I don't even talk about sleep problems after such a race.

Practice races: For practice session, the more there are, the better

• Informative
Reactions: Def

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Hi,

First of all for me, it's replacing the 45min by something longer, i know that you can't make a mandatory pitstop but maybe looking at which car run the longest and take that time to make the race, then it's up to the driver to choose his car based on his speed and fuel consumption, could add some strategy on this. But most importantly it will help people with a big crash to return the field, i take my example on yesterday (even though it was my own fault, it could be an incident with someone) i had to limp my car back and pit for 1:30 so i lost a lap on the whole field with no chance to fight with people, the closest i got was 20 seconds of the people in front of me and i was driving 1.5s-2s a lap faster

I didn't had the chance to take part in a race with weather randonmess but i really like the idea.

For the start, i think the green light is really confusing, i don't want to remove the choice of the leader to go when he want. Also choosing the start zone helps not having people on last corner when the leader goes. But in this state, it's difficult to ignore it, it's possible but it takes some times and make start really messy.

I would like to see some kind of special events, only one in the season, maybe at spa, with driver changes, for me you force everyone to make a team (even if they're alone) and on that event, only one car per team can run and the points only goes to the team championship. An event of 2 hours could be great, possible to drive alone but also give enough time to make 2 people drive. It could really be great and add this thing that other league don't have.

Diversity of car was good, at least in T3, i hope it will continue this way, at least a lot of cars are competitive so it will not be a problem.

My last thought would be to raise awareness about blinkers, it's a great way of communicating, yesterday i think some people slowed down to let me pass and not lose time fighting but i didn't understood there intention right away and it makes both of us lose time. We have this great feature to simply communicate, if you want to give up your position, to go to pit, to slow down for blue flag, to thanks people for letting pass etc..., for me this feature could decrease problem of miscommunication on track.

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
I would like to see some kind of special events, only one in the season, maybe at spa, with driver changes, for me you force everyone to make a team (even if they're alone) and on that event, only one car per team can run and the points only goes to the team championship. An event of 2 hours could be great, possible to drive alone but also give enough time to make 2 people drive. It could really be great and add this thing that other league don't have.
That's a great idea actually. We could have 2 tiers drive in 1 tier to max out the playing field. Tiers 1 and 2 together, Tiers 3 and 4 together.
Although I'm not sure I'd add this to the actual season, but maybe as a fun event after the season's ended.

Reactions: ApexMaibom and Def

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
About the time trial, i'll replace superpole by classic time trial or a hotstint. Superpole is just way boring when you are trying to get your good lap as you always have to do the outlap. I think hotstint would be better, shows speed and consistency of people.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

First of all for me, it's replacing the 45min by something longer, i know that you can't make a mandatory pitstop but maybe looking at which car run the longest and take that time to make the race, then it's up to the driver to choose his car based on his speed and fuel consumption, could add some strategy on this. But most importantly it will help people with a big crash to return the field, i take my example on yesterday (even though it was my own fault, it could be an incident with someone) i had to limp my car back and pit for 1:30 so i lost a lap on the whole field with no chance to fight with people, the closest i got was 20 seconds of the people in front of me and i was driving 1.5s-2s a lap faster

I didn't had the chance to take part in a race with weather randonmess but i really like the idea.

For the start, i think the green light is really confusing, i don't want to remove the choice of the leader to go when he want. Also choosing the start zone helps not having people on last corner when the leader goes. But in this state, it's difficult to ignore it, it's possible but it takes some times and make start really messy.

Diversity of car was good, at least in T3, i hope it will continue this way, at least a lot of cars are competitive so it will not be a problem.

My last thought would be to raise awareness about blinkers, it's a great way of communicating, yesterday i think some people slowed down to let me pass and not lose time fighting but i didn't understood there intention right away and it makes both of us lose time. We have this great feature to simply communicate, if you want to give up your position, to go to pit, to slow down for blue flag, to thanks people for letting pass etc..., for me this feature could decrease problem of miscommunication on track.
How would you do driver changes? I thought they werent in the game, or are they coming into the game? If they are, I would fully support this idea.

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
How would you do driver changes? I thought they werent in the game, or are they coming into the game? If they are, I would fully support this idea.
They are already in game but it's hard to put in place and require some preparation but it's usable.

Reactions: Welchy10

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
My feedback is limited as I only managed to race twice in S1 which wasn't ideal but it is what it is.

My feelings are, having been near the back of the pack last night at Paul Ricard, the start was so confusing so I feel that it needs to be cleaned up if possible. The number of times I thought the field had gone, put my foot down only to have to lift off and brake realising they hadn't gone yet.

I know that using the ingame crew chief to say when to go isnt ideal as there is a chance that the back of the pack are not on the straight yet, but that does potentially help create more space on the track going into the first few corners so less chances of major crashes.

Also, I know that @TheRealestPepito feels the same. One sour point for me and it was similar with the PC2 season, is the amount of moaning and whinging in the discord after each race. If you have a real issue with something that has happened, then go and raise it with the stewards. It is so boring hearing people moan about things that have happened. If you want to own up and say sorry to whoever you hit then fair enough that's. But the discord after the race shouldn't be the forum to moan about things. There are some that just seem so quick to just moan every week about little things and its draining! We are not pro drivers, especially in Tier 3, **** is going to happen so deal with it or raise it with stewards!

The race lengths for me are fine, but if we start making each race 1 hour long, then the only thing to consider is that there are some that are on quite tight time constraints. So if we get a situation like we did last night in Tier 3, where we have to re-do qualy and stuff, then we end up with the race not starting until almost 8:50. So just need to bare that in mind but for me personally, 1 hour races are fine. Most of the PC2 races were around that sort of mark anyway.

@Xeonski mentioned about driver swap. If the feature works properly in the game, id be very keen to see if anyone is interested in doing this. This adds a really cool dynamic to the game where teamwork is extremely important. You could then essentially have 4 drivers in 2 cars for 1 team. Or certainly the possibility of that.

Other than that I can't think of anything obvious or me. Great job as always to the coordinators, looking forward to S2.

Reactions: ZeFau and Def

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
My wish list:
1) Do 2x 30 min (or 40 min) race for sprint rounds and 90min endurance races other rounds (maybe even longer who knows)
2) Barcelona was great with day/night transition and weather change (random weather would be cool)
3) briefing about start procedure before races (for some special little guys)
4) I like qualify and practice format and the weather we had (except nights but thats my personal)

All rest was good I kinda missed we didnt have live stream for R1 and such but rest was good all worked (except barcelona start)

So thank you for good work

amir_hosseini

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
i think race start better with The beginning of the green flag. too we can have porsche supercup league with different prize. I think the prize can make the score valuable. for porsche cup league and gt3 league. too we can have more battle for champion. Also set the race time so that all cars can refuel at once or all car for second refuel. thx for all things

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I feel like I'll shove a few points in here, although I never drove and just watched instead. A lot of people are suggesting 1h races, which ties in with one of my ideas which some cods are already aware of but I'll post here anyways.

Format wise I think it'd be great to mimic the Blancpain Sprint series, but with a couple of exceptions to suit our specific needs. 1h race each round, with a mandatory stop between 25-35m for all drivers, and if the feature is implemented then enforce a minimum pitstop time. No refuelling like in real life (if it doesn't hurt the Mercs too much). I'd stay away from the driver swaps, then you need 2 people per car on track, not just 1, halving the effective attendance we could potentially get. Save it for a proper endurance league at some point in the future. I'd change the start so you go on green flag, not on the leader's mark to avoid confusion, and bring it closer to the real sport. 90m races should go in my opinion, some drivers have said certain cars are a lot better with their fuel strategies over this distance, and 2h is endurance territory and shouldn't be in a sprint league. Some people have said to me that if possible this league will have a similar level of support for the F1 leagues. The F1 leagues also mimic their real life counterpart and they seem to be doing okay for themselves ;)

Weather I think should always be dynamic, although this is up for debate. My idea is the race will start dry, but for each round the variation factor could be altered depending on the wishes of the weather cod. One day it may be 10% chance, the next round it might be 70%, and obviously make drivers aware of the multiplier you choose. Keep the time progression to 1x too, I felt a little silly only knowing the weather 3 minutes in advance.

One closing point that I'd like to make. In some ways this league feels like its trying to become the Project CARS League, but on a different game. Its what I expected given the staff who run it (who do a great job, don't get me wrong), but in particular the leader controlled starts and the 90m races to me just scream that they're trying move PC2 to ACC. Its a different game, we don't need to do the same things. We did leader controlled starts on PC2 because we didn't have a working rolling start, but in ACC with the manual start command, we do, so why not just use the green flag the game gives us. Makes it easier to watch on stream too. That's just one example, I'm sure the PC2 guys can think of more. Anyway, I'm forgetful and that's all I can think of for now, if I remember more I'll come back either here or on Discord :p

Oblit0r

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 10, 2018
I agree about racestarts. Just go on green. It's really confusing firstly because someone yells 'Green, go go go', and secondly because my CPU isn't the greatest I've had to limit the amount of visible opponents, so I can see about 7 cars in front and 7 cars behind. I can't really tell when P1 is going when I'm too far behind in the pack, which gives an unfair advantage to people who don't have to limit the amount of visible opponents.

• Agree
Reactions: ApexMaibom and Def

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Thank you to all coordinators for putting this season together. As the 8th reserve in Tier 3 and after all the negative comments by others regarding placement as a reserve, I was able to race in every race!
The idea of using signals to communicate with other drivers is something to explore.
From my skill level perspective, rain and night make a very difficult combo. So the fewer races of those conditions the better.
60 mn/90 mn races would be good combo.
I really miss not having a verbal spotter which led to some unintentional problems like not leaving enough room.
Finally, I really enjoyed the season and look forward to Season 2.
Thank you.

JulianSchmitz

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
Hey guys, this was my first season in AOR and I’m willing to continue in S2, here are my thoughts.

Starting procedure:
  • Keep single file and reformation odds/evens.
  • Leave start up to the leader (pray it down to reserve drivers tho) this cleans up first corner.
  • If we go with the ingame green I’m fine with people still in last turn, it’s just what it is.
  • If someone jumps the start, protest it ezpz, there needs to be a way to penalize that tho, like drive through/30sec afterwards.
Session:
  • Full weekend on official session:
    • free practice (60), quali (15/30), race (see below)
    • so we are mostly in charge of the track condition (rubbering/dryline if it’s not rainy inbetween prac/qualy/race).
  • Sprint GT races on Thursdays on full calendar (45/60min I don’t mind).
  • Endurance GT on Saturdays spare calendar (3h) maybe multiclass if participation is too low (Elite/Pro/Pro-Am).
  • Porsche Cup on same calendar as Sprint GT 2x30min races on a different IRL day.
  • Full random weather (hopefully you found suitable settings, low randomness so it won’t rain 10 times a weekend and the track gets green all the time).
    • Leave the time multiplier at 1x (forecast- and weather behavior-wise).
BOP/Pits:
  • Leave it in hands of Kunos, if a car can stint a 90min race it’s up to the driver/team to decide if it’s best to go for a stop or fuel save strat. Everyone can read the Kunos forum or chat with codrivers to get the info about fuelmaps and other car specific stuff.
  • If there will be mandatory pitstops (when there is a way to set them up) and there is a way to set min. pitroad times I wouldn’t mind if you leave those out. A min. pitroad time is mostly a safety measurement which isn’t really a thing in simracing. But putting it in would consider the IRL BOP which Kunos tries to recreate fairly good.
Tiers:
  • I don’t know how it is handled in AOR leagues but I would suggest promote and demote idk top/bottom 3 or so
  • If placing driver by superpole (hotstint even better) do it by several tracks at least 3 and get the average to get a perspective on pace. If the driver competes well in the first few races leave him in that tier otherwise move him up/down.
Enquiries:
My opinion on protesting something is that everyone should do it if someone impacts their race by breaking a rule. On the other hand I’m pretty open in accepting mistakes of others.
By this every tier is responsible for their race quality if everyone gets along with that it should be fine.
Although I think it’s in the right of the coordinators to speak out warnings and bring stuff to discussion among other coordinators and force consequences. If someone repeatedly causes trouble but no one feels responsible to protest or isn’t allowed to do so, or if one just let him have that one mistake, but that guy makes a broadcast look like a muppet show there should (if there isn’t) be a way to suppress that.

Conclusion:

If would keep on with S2 even if every thing stays like it is, and properly if anything changes to what ever :D

• Useful
Reactions: Def and krop