PC - ACC GT3 - Season 1 Feedback thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 - Season 1 Feedback thread

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Starts: I personally prefer the idea of going on “green light”. It’s consistent and the same for everyone. It’s also mirrors the real life series.

Race format: 60 min sprint and 90 min endurance would be my preference. Anything less than 45 mins and it can resemble a bit of a free for all mentality due to the lack of time.

Mandatory Stops: I prefer not having these. It gives drivers the option to opt out of battles. We had great racing in tier 2 at the final round for 2nd place. A position I wouldn’t have kept if people had the chance to under and over cut me. They had to do it on the track instead.

A Porsche cup mini series would be fun in the off season.

Random weather is fantastic and should be kept in my opinion. It does a great job of mixing up the grid and throwing challenges at us. Being able to react in the best way should be a factor in a league series.

Discord participation should be encouraged more too.

I don’t agree with dropping a result, never had done. Particularly as I think only 5 or 6 drivers in tier 2 actually did all 5 races. Those guys should be rewarded for their commitment by being able to accumulate all 5 rounds worth of points.

Last edited:

Marlon Andrade

Pro Karter
Jul 15, 2019
Starts: I personally prefer the idea of going on “green light”. It’s consistent and the same for everyone. It’s also mirrors the real life series.

Race format: 60 min sprint and 90 min endurance would be my preference. Anything less than 45 mins and it can resemble a bit of a free for all mentality due to the lack of time.

Mandatory Stops: I prefer not having these. It gives drivers the option to opt out of battles. We had great racing in tier 2 at the final round for 2nd place. A position I wouldn’t have kept if people had the chance to under and over cut me. They had to do it on the track instead.

A Porsche cup mini series would be fun in the off season.

Random weather is fantastic and should be kept in my opinion. It does a great job of mixing up the grid and throwing challenges at us. Being able to react in the best way should be a factor in a league series.

Discord participation should be encouraged more too.

I don’t agree with dropping a result, never had done. Particularly as I think only 5 or 6 drivers in tier 2 actually did all 5 races. Those guys should be rewarded for their commitment by being able to accumulate all 5 rounds worth of points.
I hadn't replied yet because didn't had much to add to the general feedbacks, overall the format of the test season worked fine to me, mostly I agree with everything @JKay14 just said.

• Informative
Reactions: Def and JKay14

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Massive Thank you for the feedback so far guys!
We need this so that we build the league as close as we can to your 'ideal' league' (as much as possible).

Just as an 'FYI'
The AOR rolling start process has been in use to try to spread the cars out before Turn 1 (due to the reaction time of 'flooring it' cascading down the grid).
This goes a long way to reducing the risk of a mass pileup in Turn 1.
It may not be like IRL, but I feel it's considerable safer this way.

I strongly suspect we will keep the rolling start, however, it's likely that we will set the game to not have a full formation lap, and we will do our own instead.
Therefore, there will be no green flag at the end of the formation lap to confuse ppl (It will green flag at the end of the short in-game formation section.
(Just running from the short in-game formation does not allow for the drivers to be in formation, and provides no time to 'catch up' (forced limiter), and if any issues, then there is no time to fix anything'.

Last edited:

PhoB1a

Junior Karter
Jun 21, 2018
I did not partake in the season but I did follow it.
I would like to partake in the next one to dethrone Jardier :p, can anyone give me an indication of when the next one will start and registration procedures.
Thank you in advance

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Many rules changes, format... are being discussed, season 2 sign ups may open soon however.

@PhoB1a Good luck trying to take down Mr. Honzik ;)
Many have tried, not much succeeded

Mattster

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 18, 2016

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
In my opinion is better to wait for the intercontinental gt pack and the update with 2019 cars before season 2 started
It might take some time until the DLC is released so I wouldn't plan with it.

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
It is also a paid DLC, not everyone will have it

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
The 2019 season cars will be free DLC, but the Intercontinental pack will be a paid DLC (and not out for quite some time i suspect)
For S2, we will allow a single free car change during the season (without dropping points), but a 2nd change will zero our points.

We would like ppl to use the new cars when they arrive, as it will be the best way to see if any of them are rather OP.
That said, although there are perhaps a couple of 'stronger' cars, even they are not massively OP enough to warrant being banned, and I suspect the new cars will also be well balanced!

SMS / pCars2 and DLC of old, would occasionally provide an OP car from Paid DLC (which my mind instantly makes me think it was to prompt ppl to buy it to be able to win (Bentley GT3 when it was first released), but Kunos? I have more confidence in!

Reactions: Mattster

Mattster

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 18, 2016
But i dont think 5-10 Euro for dlc are problem for mots of the people here. When we kbow what pc you need to run ACC
and how much Iracing charge you just for new season with all the cars and racks.
For PC 2 was ok not to use DLC Tracks but in ACC the default tracks they are limited amount

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
But i dont think 5-10 Euro for dlc are problem for mots of the people here. When we kbow what pc you need to run ACC
and how much Iracing charge you just for new season with all the cars and racks.
For PC 2 was ok not to use DLC Tracks but in ACC the default tracks they are limited amount
totally agree about this, we'll use ICGT tracks in next seasons for sure, but we cannot plan season 2 to include dlc tracks because the dlc might take months to be released...
also, we wanted to have a short break between S1 and S2 but that didn't go as planned :(

sellew

Pro Karter
Jul 1, 2019
Can I ask why S2 is not announced yet? Just ignore if you are tired of answering this question :)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Threads are being built in the planning forums as we speak
Once we have finalized a couple of new things, we should be opening the signups.
Should have some good progress within the week :)

Mattster

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 18, 2016
I dont think so, all Kunos packs until now for AC have been under 7 Euro. But in any case this is not a problem.

TureeruT

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 22, 2019
guys can I ask one thing?
May you avoid to make offline hotstint enabling the people to qualify, using online sessions on the servers instead?

and another thing, that is a dream more than anything else.
Can you please make an endurance season? please please please.
Itgt dlc could be a great opportunity!