PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - General Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - General Discussion

Alstevens83

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
Since the game has gone into 1.0 and out of EA. I have had crashes on a regular basis. So as much id love to join I can't commit because I don't think the game will let me play for any good length of time. Anyone else had any similar issues since launch ? If so have you been able to solve them?
I know on Thursday, there was a more recent update to the game here's what Kunos put on the steam page

Dear #ACCompetizione racers,
the v1.0.5 update is live on Steam! Restart your Steam client in order to detect the update!

GENERAL:
- Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
- Added logs for autosave replay issue.

RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
- Minor changes to the server ping system.
- Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
- Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
- Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
- (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
- Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
- Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
- Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
- Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
- Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
- Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
- Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
- CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
- Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
- The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
- Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
- Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
- The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
- Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
- Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:
- Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.

UI:
- Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.

AUDIO:
- Audio scale improvements.

PHYSICS:
- Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
- Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
- Honda NSX AI tweaks.
- Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
- Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.

AI:
- Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.
Sorry for the long post, but knowing that you had issues before, maybe this might be of interest.

TureeruT

Formula Karter
May 22, 2019
I havent changed anything? :D Its 9 wing. I dunno,maybe I touched wing. Im complete noobs with setups.
ok mate I am sorry. I have been untrustfull.
Congratulations! to have such a laptime with those high temperatures...
It is so great that it is hard to believe ;)

Reactions: ZAL

Welchy10

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 25, 2017
I know on Thursday, there was a more recent update to the game here's what Kunos put on the steam page

Sorry for the long post, but knowing that you had issues before, maybe this might be of interest.
Yeah I did try it after this patch and it still crashed. Different crash than before as now it gives me the option to email through the crash report.

I'll try the re install and go from there.

Reactions: BDG_Geo

Alstevens83

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
Yeah I did try it after this patch and it still crashed. Different crash than before as now it gives me the option to email through the crash report.

I'll try the re install and go from there.
Damn man that sucks, let's hope if other people are having the same issues as yourself and report it, then hopefully Kunos can get it patched out.

• Agree

Welchy10

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Damn man that sucks, let's hope if other people are having the same issues as yourself and report it, then hopefully Kunos can get it patched out.
Yeah hopefully. The game was flawless for me during early access the second it came out of early access it started crashing. Previous patches it lasted no more than 10 minutes. At least it lasted 25 minutes this time. Haha progress!

• Funny

Alstevens83

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
Yeah hopefully. The game was flawless for me during early access the second it came out of early access it started crashing. Previous patches it lasted no more than 10 minutes. At least it lasted 25 minutes this time. Haha progress!
I think I've been lucky, I've had no issues throughout Early access or during V 1.0.

Well you know what they say, baby steps lol

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
@AndrexUK i had few people asking me if we'll use in-game track limits or AOR rules

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Going with in-game limits.
They are far from what I would like, but I think it's certainly the easiest solution...

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Is there going to be any limitation on cars for the league? Like it cant be a full grid of for example Ferraris

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Is there going to be any limitation on cars for the league? Like it cant be a full grid of for example Ferraris
nope, but fortunately the BoP in this game is very good, and the differences between cars are very limited (well, unless you pick the gallardo or the nsx i guess)

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2019
General advice on this one welcome....

Installed ACC for first time last night with a view to get running TT and Eval races ready for season start.

Previously, my PC has run VR in PCars 2 on lowish settings. I can't for the life of me find settings in ACC that deliver a similar aesthetic and performance...

Think i need to upgrade my GPU, officially its unsupported by Oculus Rift (spec's are poor - R9 280). Is ACC really that more demanding on the gpu than PCars or am i missing something....?!

Low preset runs smooth, but the graphics are awful, it doesn't even draw that far into the distance that i can see the corner never mind apex!

After messing with almost every combination of settings i'm resulting to looking for the best bang for buck GPU to run VR ACC.

Any thoughts most welcome, @AndrexUK if this should be posted elsewhere please feel free to move it! :)

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
General advice on this one welcome....

Installed ACC for first time last night with a view to get running TT and Eval races ready for season start.

Previously, my PC has run VR in PCars 2 on lowish settings. I can't for the life of me find settings in ACC that deliver a similar aesthetic and performance...

Think i need to upgrade my GPU, officially its unsupported by Oculus Rift (spec's are poor - R9 280). Is ACC really that more demanding on the gpu than PCars or am i missing something....?!

Low preset runs smooth, but the graphics are awful, it doesn't even draw that far into the distance that i can see the corner never mind apex!

After messing with almost every combination of settings i'm resulting to looking for the best bang for buck GPU to run VR ACC.

Any thoughts most welcome, @AndrexUK if this should be posted elsewhere please feel free to move it! :)
Hello there..i saw your post so thot id reply..i am testing my vr very soon to see what its like.i have heard from my friends..all of them say that ACC is power hungry and no matter what they do it still sucks up resources alot.it is the same with my 1080ti...i have an 8th gen pc and its still hard on my cpu and gpu..i run the game at full hd with the frames capped at 60 (i use a 60inch curved display at 60hz).if u havent tried that then maby its worth a go?we all did it and it seems to run fine now after an reinstall.cap the frames at which ur monitor is at.when i am streaming the encoder still runs high but not as bad as it was..my friends all did this and now they say its running fine with some things on low and some on high..the sharpness..the upscaling..all had to be changed.

This is the most resource and hardware hungry game i have ever played on pc..no wonder it isnt on console..would prob melt it lol.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
This is the most resource and hardware hungry game i have ever played on pc
Really?
My Potato of a PC is managing to run this at 60 > 80 fps.
Granted, I've had to turn down some settings, but it's rather surprising which ones you can keep high, and looking nice, while not effecting the FPS too much.

• Agree

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2019
Really?
Granted, I've had to turn down some settings, but it's rather surprising which ones you can keep high, and looking nice, while not effecting the FPS too much.
What’s your rig @AndrexUK, looking for the gpu upgrade now but not sure which way to jump! Any settings I should try? Lots of google advice about changes to ini files etc

BDG_Geo

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2019
Really?
Yeh really mate..most of us i know that bought the game have had issues with it in some way or another.its confusing that some rigs work better than others regardless of stats..

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
What’s your rig @AndrexUK
I'll have a look tonight, but it's about 6+ years old or so.
Certainly no spring chicken!

In terms of upgrades, it obviously depends on your budget really, but I did buy a copy of last month's 'Custom PC'.
And there was a decent article about building a sub £600 gaming PC.

GeForce GTX 1660 GPU
16GB of RAM
500GB PCI-E NVMe SSD
Quad-core Intel CPU

(+ the bits you probably already have Case / Monitors / etc for under £600 )

Looked a decent build to be fair!

If you are interested, I can dig out the full specs / links for the kit they used.

Or Tomshardware.com is often a great place to go for comparing hardware / builds!

• Useful