PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - General Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - General Discussion

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
I will not be at home tomorrow night and I race in another Assetto League on Thursdays so with the dates given it's not possible for me to do one of the eval races.

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2019
Press start on the touch controller then select screenshot from the options at the bottom right corner
Thanks, but any way with a keyboard and hotkeying it? Don't have a touch controller currently installed as a device.

Welchy10

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 25, 2017
So I still had yet more crashing issues. Last night I tried turning down the GPU clock and it didnt crash during my testing last night. Fingers crossed!

TureeruT

Pro Karter
May 22, 2019
@GIXXERosg
People tell me there is the possibility to disable track limits and also to trick the weather system in single player.
For the weather system, I have already verified it.
I still had not the time to verify the track limits one. But I will do it soon. probably today.
Moreover you cannot know if anyone did his laptime himself or someone else did it for him...
In my opinion a server, in which we could have meet one day to record laptimes, would have been better.
I raced against most of the guys in the first 30 slots.
Not considering Amir, nobody gives me one and a half sec.
This is not right guys. You should not keep the door open to things like this.
things like this remove the fun from it.

• Informative

Xeonski

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 16, 2018
@GIXXERosg
People tell me there is the possibility to disable track limits and also to trick the weather system in single player.
I still had not the time to verify the track limits one. But I will do it soon. probably today.
Moreover you cannot know if anyone did his laptime himself or someone else did it for him...
In my opinion a server, in which we could have meet one day to record laptimes, would have been better.
Even if people cheat it's against them, if they asked someone to do a 33 for them to be in tier 1, they will be last of T1 because they don't have the pace and they will have no fun, the problem of time trial is more sandbagging or not enough time taken to do it which placed people on lower tier where they destroy the competition.

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
@GIXXERosg
I had some messages with @AndrexUK telling him I am on holiday until the 27th and can't do the evals.
I told him about my past xbox references and took part in the social in Spa as this will be the first PC league for me.

• Informative

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
@GIXXERosg
The biggest issue AOR leagues usually have with time trials is people who sandbags their laptime to be placed in a lower tier.
Anyone who "chats" on a time trial to achieve a better laptime would be literally shooting himself in the foot, as he would then be slow and miserable in a tier too fast for his skill.
Besides that, many drivers put a "reasonable effort" in the TTs and others try very hard to achieve a better laptime. Like @Xeonski said, they might achieve a laptime that is not representative of their actual pace.
Everybody will sleep in the bed that they made for themselves.
I wouldn't worry about this.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Indeed,
I mentioned the fact that it is an easy system to abuse on the TT thread itself.
But for the reasons mentioned above, being boosted would not result in a fun time for someone that is not at Tier 1 pace for the actual races.
In terms of placements, I suspect there will be people being put in the wrong tier.
We only have limited data to work with in terms of placements.

I am an example of this myself. I suck at hot lapping, and I think I'm just about to be pushed out of Tier 1.
My TT time, is a fair representation of my TT pace.
However, I suspect others have put in a LOT of effort to get their perfect lap (cutting as much as possible / spending hours re-running it.
I tend to run a LOT better in the actual races. Not making mistakes / Not being involved in accidents / gaining places from others having a lower race pace.
Technically, I would probably be Tier 2 pace via TT's.
And while I don't expect I would destroy Tier 2 in anyway, I suspect I will be finishing ahead of quite a few Tier 1 drivers during the actual races.

I'm fine with being Tier 2, as we have added @Shooter80 as an ACC CoD (Official welcome to the team!!!) so he should be in Tier 1.
But if you ask him, I suspect he would admit that I tend to finish ahead of him more often than not.

So yes, I suspect placements will not be perfect for Season 1.
But there is little more we can do without 'A season's worth of data to work with'

For Season 2, ppl will be moved around accordingly.
And we can move people during S1 if we feel they are clearly in the wrong place.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@GIXXERosg
Agreed with what's been said. The point about people suddenly trying too hard to get a good laptime is also a big big problem. A good rule of thumb is to put approx. as much time into your TT as you would for practicing for each race in the season. Then you will generally get a time that is representative of your real pace in the season.
Also another thing is people running a different car to what they would in the league. If people really wanna do this, all the power to them, but really this will also give you a time that's most likely not representative of your pace in the season. A car like the Audi has fantastic 1-lap pace but is pretty difficult to be consistent in. You might take the Audi and do a fantastic TT time and get placed in a high tier. Then you choose something like the Aston for the season and you will suddenly fall behind because your pace is slower in the Aston. Same thing can be done the other way around, this would then be sandbagging instead. Then imo it would be better to take the Aston for both TT and the season to get a time that you know is representative for your pace in the season. I know pace is not everything and at the end of the day I would hands down take the Aston over the Audi just because I can actually control the damn thing :p
There's a lot of room for "cheating" but the only person you will be cheating is yourself. AOR's motto is "clean, fair and competitive racing" and we expect everyone to adhere to that regardless of who you are. Sandbagging is not "fair" in any way and we do our best as coordinators to counter it the best we can. But at the end of the day, it is not too much to ask drivers of just a little bit of decency by not sandbagging :)

TureeruT

Pro Karter
May 22, 2019
anyway the thing about track limits is not true, just checked. But about the weather it is...im going to update my time...

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 16, 2019
It’s their choice to cheat the TT yeah, but the actual race will be the decider i believe.
Moreover, most of the new drivers posting 33s tt time will have to do an eval race so we’ll see who has cheated or not ;)

TureeruT

Pro Karter
May 22, 2019
It’s their choice to cheat the TT yeah, but the actual race will be the decider i believe.
Moreover, most of the new drivers posting 33s tt time will have to do an eval race so we’ll see who has cheated or not ;)
There is no need for me since I raced almost them all already...It is just disappointing.
I will surely struggle in the race, not for speed but for consistency due to the fact that I play with pad now.
Infact, at least, I ask the organizers not to chose spa or monza for the pre-season race.
With pad eau rouge is a killer corner, such as ascari. Surely more then with wheel.
Instead silverstone or misano or paul ricard are a bit easier.
Tracks providers of battles, which leads to the possibility to make evaluations on racecraft.

TureeruT

Pro Karter
May 22, 2019
Anyway to reply to you.
In my opinion, to see who cheated during the season is...too late.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Quick add to the conversation above. We have plenty of AOR staff members from a variety of leagues that will be in the tiers, we can address S1 miss-placements quickly. As mentioned above, S2 will give us more information and data to dial it in as well. I expect we'll move from S1 to S2 in short order. :)

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
Can anyone fill me in on how to get into the voicechat or discord and even joining the session Thursday, since this is my first league racing on pc/steam and on Xbox it was pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance

p4thos

GP2 Test Driver
Feb 15, 2018

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 16, 2019
I compared the TT times posted and the eval quali times for the top guys and i didn’t see much difference. There’s still half top guys with 33s TT to check tho