PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 1 - Spa - 30.07.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 1 - Spa - 30.07.19 @8PM UK TIME

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 1 - Spa

Important Links:
League Rules
Race Calendar
Stewards Panel

Event Information:
Date: Tuesday 30-07-19
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 45 mins

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Cloudy

- Race start: Cloudy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 11:00 (x1 time acceleration)

Manual Rolling Start Information:

Formation Point:
At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the LEFT, P2 and the even numbers on the RIGHT.

Acceleration Point:

Informed: @p4thos @Welchy10

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BDG_Geo

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Note: If you can't attend a race it is mandatory that you notify your absence in the race post, this allows those in reserves to fill the spaces.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
If anyone needs the R1 server settings here it is:
{
"track": "spa",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 150,
"ambientTemp": 22,
"trackTemp": 25,
"cloudLevel": 0.55,
"rain": 0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15,
"trackStatus": {
"useAdditiveStatus": 1,
"idealLineGrip": 1.0,
"outsideLineGrip": 0.7,
"marblesLevel": 0.0,
"puddlesLevel": 0.0,
"wetDryLineLevel": 0.0,
"wetLevel": 0.0}
},
{
"hourOfDay": 11,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 45,
"trackStatus": {
"useAdditiveStatus": 1,
"idealLineGrip": 1.0,
"outsideLineGrip": 0.7,
"marblesLevel": 0.0,
"puddlesLevel": 0.0,
"wetDryLineLevel": 0.0,
"wetLevel": 0.0}
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Welchy10

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 25, 2017
@GIXXERosg Sorry buddy but i cant make this one. Have a football pre-season friendly and as manager/player i cant miss it. It is the only Tuesday game we have so should be fine for the rest of the season. Assuming the other half doesn't drop any surprise family bbq's on me at the last minute! :-D

• Informative
Reactions: GIXXERosg

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So I noticed this on Misano as well and it sorta concerns me. Is it really realistic to put the formation point so late? In my book it should be on the run to Blanchimont so we can make sure all 30 cars are together at the acceleration zone.
For me, the rule of thumb is generally to have the formation point at the start of S3 of any track and that should suffice. Obviously you guys know this, but I just think leaving the formation until the last corner is stretching it just a bit

Reactions: ApexMaibom

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
A lot of alternatives were discussed, the current setup is a compromise between trying to squeeze everyone side by side through the bus stop, and giving everyone a chance to form up in time. None of them really seemed perfect.

From my point of view, considering the length of the run from the start of the run to Blanchimont, till the busstop, even at 130kph should give everyone plenty of time to get in a nice tight single file line before the bus stop, and then it should (hopefully) be easy for everyone to form up on the run to La Source after taking the bus-stop in single file.

@VoodooChild had suggested that the leaders be asked to slow to 80kph up Blanchimont just to make sure everyone was close together before the bus-stop, which certainly isn't a bad idea, but was left as something for the coordinators to explain at the time (or maybe just to ask the leaders to slow early if the pack is too spread out like usual).

It was a kinda lesser-of-two-evils thing, worst case with an earlier formation point, cars get tangled up going side-by-side through the bus stop, and some peoples races are ruined, where the worst case for the later formation point was that the pack is more spread out than intended, but that's usually not a bad thing going into turn 1.

Domi64S

Formula Karter
Jan 18, 2019
@Screwball2020 as you were promoted to main driver you are IN this race
@Gaborik you are IN this race

@Domi64S and @J Peaches you are still on the banch for now, but you know how it works... show up anyway because it's quite likely that we have late or uninformed no shows.

everybody else: REMEMBER TO REPORT HERE IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE
I’ll be there, don’t want to miss a chance to race at Spa.

packolla

Formula Karter
Dec 17, 2018
@VoodooChild and @GIXXERosg: can we add a 10 minute Practice to the Serversettings? then we can open the server at 19:55 for the main driver and 5 minutes later the reserve would be allowed to join. For me it's really important to start on time. Especially for the long races. I have to work on wednesday at 5am (4am UK time).

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Server will be open, we restart it for the race when ready. Usually I restart the Qual a few times for practicing. We will try our best to start on time.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Update to formation: At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the LEFT, P2 and the even numbers on the RIGHT.

Welchy10

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Gutted that I will miss this race tonight. Anyone streaming it? I can maybe check the VOD at a later date.

• Sad

GIXXERosg

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Password for Tier Pro-Am will be given in discord. Each tier will have their own to avoid people joining the wrong lobby.

• Informative

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
What a race that was for me.

Didn't had a great qualifying i was disturbed by people making noise/talking when i was in eau rouge (please use push to talk).

Had a spin in blanchimont and gained a flat spot on my tyres. and OMG that feature is amazing, i don't say that i want a flat spot every race but it's so tense driving with one it's been a long time since i had to fight for grip like that it was really enjoyable and fun.

I stayed in contact with people and almost took the place of T.Stanek, it was a great and fair battle, just a thought about this, when going through T9 we were side by side and i was on the interior, i made a mistake and mount two wheels on the kerb, at that moment you came close to me from the left, i have nothing about that in racing situation but here i was on the verge of loosing or at least sliding the car on the track, it could have crashed both of us, next time in this situation, try to leave some space, as i was on the kerb i could'nt accelerate so i couldn't take your position.

Anyway great race, great and fair fight, this league is going to be good.

Edit : For the part with T.Stanek, maybe you didn't see it, i don't know where you were exactly when i mount on the kerb, so maybe you couldn't know that i was in this situation, in this case, change nothing, it was great

Last edited: