PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 4 - Barcelona - 20.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 4 - Barcelona - 20.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 4 - Barcelona

Event Information:

Date: Tuesday 20-08-19
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 90 mins

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Light Rain + 30% chance to change

- Race start: Light Rain + 30% chance to change
(Quali and Race conditions likely to be similar)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18:00
- Race start time: 19:00 (x10 time acceleration)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Point:

Server settings (note, these may change slightly as the week goes on, will keep updated and notify if this happens)

Code:
{
    "track": "barcelona",
    "eventType": "E_6h",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 500,
    "postQualySeconds": 60,
    "postRaceSeconds": 120,
    "ambientTemp": 30,
    "trackTemp": 35,
    "cloudLevel": 0.60,
    "rain": 0.27,
    "weatherRandomness": 2,
    "sessions": [
    {
      "hourOfDay": 18,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "Q",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 19,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 10,
      "sessionType": "R",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 90
    }
    ],
    "configVersion": 1
}

No Shows:
@Xeonski (retired)*maybe
@Flaming Parrot (retired)
@Ruddybird (retired)
@DiRTMark
@Gaborik
@TicklishPicklewickle

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@p4thos might be a bit, we need to test and make sure no hurricane's develop like T2 had lol

I'm hoping for a light rain transition to dry :)

Reactions: ApexMaibom

GIXXERosg

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Reminder of the rules:

- As the leaders of the two trains roll across the grid boxes at the constant speed of 50mph/80kph*probably will be adjusted, at any point of their choice between 2 designated and clearly visible points known as 'The Acceleration Zone', P1 is allowed to go full throttle to signify the start of the race. From this moment, all other drivers are now allowed to accelerate to race speeds, but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the start finish line.
  • When P1 accelerates to signify the start of the race, they must do so in a clear manner within the designated acceleration zone. They are not allowed to try and bait other drivers by jumping on and off the accelerator. Once the driver in P1 accelerates in the acceleration zone, they must continue to do so and not change their mind.
  • From the moment everyone starts to accelerate, drivers may break from their train if they have a good run on the driver ahead. Bear in mind that you still can not overtake the driver directly in front of you in your train until you have crossed over the start finish line. Also be aware of other drivers alongside you doing the same.
  • With regards to the two leaders of the trains (P1 and P2), despite there being no car directly infront of P2, they are still not allowed to overtake before the start finish line. This gives P1 a protected status up to the point of the line, from there onwards, P2 is allowed to overtake P1.
  • Once the full grid has passed the end of the pit-lane, any drivers who are there waiting after having repaired serious issues from the start can now race and join the back of the pack.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
There's been very good posts from previous rounds about issues, how to improve the racing, etc. Please understand the Stewards Panel is also about improving race craft and experiences across all the tiers. Never feel like you shouldn't post something just for penalty purposes, sometimes it's to highlight things that can be addressed for everyone. It's S1 and the more information we have as a group the better a full S2 will be!!

Coord's are not traffic cops, nor do we watch replay's to find issues. It is on you to bring things up and if you want to work it out one on one vs Stewards Panel that is also a good option.

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Current planned server settings uploaded to all AOR servers and edited into original post. Will update if anything changes, although we hope to not need to change them.

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
Am I the only one experiencing alot of different conditions when loading the server settings? Kept re-entering the LAN server and in most occasions I had a bone dry/sunny quali and in a few i had either light or medium/heavy rain?

Maybe something for @Shooter80 to look at or tell about?

Cheers

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
That's the same behaviour I was seeing. At the moment at least, in ACC random is random, and applies to both sessions.

We really have no control over how things end up, but its a warm day in Spain, so hopefully its more likely to switch between dry and light rain, as opposed to rain and thunder.

GIXXERosg

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
This race will be interesting!!! Those that are prepared will do well, those that are not will struggle. HIGHLY suggest looking at the ACC League discord chat and the VOD's.

Basically it looks to me like the session will start either dry or wet BUT it will transition and the transition will last longer than the 1st. AGAIN, this is just my observations!

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
This race will be interesting!!! Those that are prepared will do well, those that are not will struggle. HIGHLY suggest looking at the ACC League discord chat and the VOD's.

Basically it looks to me like the session will start either dry or wet BUT it will transition and the transition will last longer than the 1st. AGAIN, this is just my observations!
Has anyone had any experience with restarting the server? E.g. could the weather change from the "practice" when entering the lobby prior to 8 pm to what we will see for the actual race?

I dont know how to do this, so my experience with changing conditions comes from exiting and then going back to the "custom livery" LAN server.

Anyway, it's gonna be a hard 90 minutes

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Has anyone had any experience with restarting the server? E.g. could the weather change from the "practice" when entering the lobby prior to 8 pm to what we will see for the actual race?
if we restart the server, yes.
if we restart the sesssion, it will keep the same weather.

Juantxo Ovalle

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 5, 2019
I've been having random crashes since update 1.0.7. I've read that renaming AC2 and UnrealEngine folders located in
C:\Users\*YourUser*\AppData\Local\AC2
and
C:\Users\*YourUser*\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine
may solve the problem.
I hope I won't have another crash tonight.