PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 4 - Barcelona - 20.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro-Am - ROUND 4 - Barcelona - 20.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
One to forget for me. First time I actually sort of rage quitted afterwards. ;)
An unending series of mistakes from my side. At the start I misinterprested the weather forecast. I thought there would be light rain followed by overcast but dry conditions. Was it just a brainfart, or did somebody else also see these pictograms before start? Anyhow, slicks were the most wrongestest decision, so back to the pits in lap 2. Gladly, I wasn't hit by anybody with my super slow slick pace in those two laps of terror. Later, after a good chase with @VoodooChild real life struck when a thunderstorm hit my town and I needed to close the windows in my room, costing me another big chunk of time. Then it got dry and it was back and forth with @S4Howie and being lapped and unlapping myself several times. My tyre pressures were a bit off all the time, making the driving quite unenjoyable, but it's all my fault. So after the race I was very unhappy with myself. On to the next one.

packolla

Formula Karter
Dec 17, 2018
Sorry for leaving the race...

I had a an annoying bug. The game didn't allow me to change my tyres.
Outside the pitlane the checkbox "change tyre" was activated in the mfd, when I enterd the pitlane the checkbox was disabled, so I stand over a minute in the box and tried to activate the tyre change, without success. Then i made my pitstop without tyre change and tried it next lap again. same problem occur...

After this i tried it in single player and everything worked perfect.

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
That was a fun race from my perspective :D

I've never been a hot lapper which showed in quali for this race by putting myself 18th on the grid. Had a weird fallout in the game, when everyone else froze on track and I had to leave and join back in.

Could'nt quite decide which tyres to go for in what seemed to be light rain, so I initially started with Slicks! Fortunately the race was restarted and I quickly chose to switch to wet tyres - lucky

Had another blast of a start gaining multiple positions before turn one. Sadly had a bit of a touch a couple of laps later, when @SergioKillerLA swirwed slightly right trying to get past him down the backstraight, spinning me out but fortunately not hitting any walls.

From there on just tried my best to gain positions in the wet, which I really enjoy driving in.

Eventually ending up P5 was for me a very decent result considering starting P18, so quite happy with the outcome eventhough my pace was nowhere to be found when the track dried out.

Looking forward to the season finale at Paul Richard, but this track really dosn't seem to favor the Porsche in any way, so expecting another struggle.

BTW is anyone else having trouble hearing whats being said on Discord? I've seen bits of p4thos video and it seems that there's no issue with the volume on his side of things. I am driving with a Rift S. Don't know if that has anything to do with it though.
If anyone has an idea of what to do to get it working, it would be much appreciated

Reactions: LiboCZ

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
Yea I had to reduce the game's master volume a bit to be able to hear discord.
But that doesn’t seem to help all that much. I’ve had it reduced to 180% when other people where speaking and still a lot of voices are just a mere whisper and not distinguishable

SergioKillerLA

Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
That was a fun race from my perspective :D

I've never been a hot lapper which showed in quali for this race by putting myself 18th on the grid. Had a weird fallout in the game, when everyone else froze on track and I had to leave and join back in.

Could'nt quite decide which tyres to go for in what seemed to be light rain, so I initially started with Slicks! Fortunately the race was restarted and I quickly chose to switch to wet tyres - lucky

Had another blast of a start gaining multiple positions before turn one. Sadly had a bit of a touch a couple of laps later, when @SergioKillerLA swirwed slightly right trying to get past him down the backstraight, spinning me out but fortunately not hitting any walls.

From there on just tried my best to gain positions in the wet, which I really enjoy driving in.

Eventually ending up P5 was for me a very decent result considering starting P18, so quite happy with the outcome eventhough my pace was nowhere to be found when the track dried out.

Looking forward to the season finale at Paul Richard, but this track really dosn't seem to favor the Porsche in any way, so expecting another struggle.

BTW is anyone else having trouble hearing whats being said on Discord? I've seen bits of p4thos video and it seems that there's no issue with the volume on his side of things. I am driving with a Rift S. Don't know if that has anything to do with it though.
If anyone has an idea of what to do to get it working, it would be much appreciated
Hi,

I also drive with oculus rift, and the configuration on discord does not always work (4 differents sound sources on my PC). That's why I use my mobile to listen to the chat.

For our contact, would you have the replay of the first half hour?
In my memory, I remember rather that before the end of the straight line, you fall slightly on the inside, while I try to recover the little space remaining on the outside before braking. Which leads to your spinning.

If it turns out that I'm responsible, I'm really sorry and I understand you to share with the Stewards.

Domi64S

Formula Karter
Jan 18, 2019
But that doesn’t seem to help all that much. I’ve had it reduced to 180% when other people where speaking and still a lot of voices are just a mere whisper and not distinguishable
Same here I increased te volume in Discord, seems to help a bit but still problems to understand people.

Reactions: ApexMaibom

TheRealestPepito

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 21, 2019
Yea i think i had to drop mine down to like 50% in-game. The issue is that some people (like me) are very quiet and others very loud so its hard to find a balance. My headset died so im using my laptop mic that's on the other side of my table which is why i sound like im in my bathtub lol

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Hi,

I also drive with oculus rift, and the configuration on discord does not always work (4 differents sound sources on my PC). That's why I use my mobile to listen to the chat.

In my memory, I remember rather that before the end of the straight line, you fall slightly on the inside, while I try to recover the little space remaining on the outside before braking. Which leads to your spinning.

If it turns out that I'm responsible, I'm really sorry and I understand you to share with the Stewards.

Reactions: SergioKillerLA

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
Hi,

Good idea maybe to use the cellphone instead then :unsure:

I've only seen it in the "Highlights" version (which is crap) so haven't got a decent replay where I can stay with the car I want to see at the specific moment. Just lookes like you were moving slightly right, a little too late to block and a little too early for me to be past, but as i said, not the best "replay" version I have. I wasn't thinking of taking it to the stewards anyway. Just see it as racing incident (y)

SergioKillerLA

Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Good idea maybe to use the cellphone instead then :unsure:

I've only seen it in the "Highlights" version (which is crap) so haven't got a decent replay where I can stay with the car I want to see at the specific moment. Just lookes like you were moving slightly right, a little too late to block and a little too early for me to be past, but as i said, not the best "replay" version I have. I wasn't thinking of taking it to the stewards anyway. Just see it as racing incident (y)
Sorry, it's 100% my fault. I gently turned to the right without noticing that you kept your line. I must have thought that you had moved away to take a more optimal trajectory.
Without questioning my mistake, I find that the radar is extremely poorly placed in VR (like the rest of the HUD), much too high in the helmet.

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
:p
Sorry, it's 100% my fault. I gently turned to the right without noticing that you kept your line. I must have thought that you had moved away to take a more optimal trajectory.
Without questioning my mistake, I find that the radar is extremely poorly placed in VR (like the rest of the HUD), much too high in the helmet.
No problem mate :geek: Next time we will hopefully keep the battling going for longer(y)
There is a way around this misplacement of the hud in one of the .json files. I can’t remember my setting and the placement of the file but I will send it to you when I have a chance

ApexMaibom

Jan 13, 2019
Here is the settings @SergioKillerLA someone on reddit is using. As I said can't remember how mine is placed or sized but find your own preference and you will have a much better experience. Fiddling with VR settings in this game has been a proper time consuming pain in the ass for me and almost resulted in giving up in the game entirely.