PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro - Round 2 Nürburgring 6/08 @ 8PM BST | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro - Round 2 Nürburgring 6/08 @ 8PM BST

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
It might be dry enough for slicks on the racing line, but from my testing, with even a damp surface slicks can't get enough grip to get enough heat to work, then the pressures drop, then eventually you touch a kerb and the tyre falls off the rim.

It might be possible if you start with crazy high pressures, never go outside the racing line, and drive like a madman, but I'm pretty certain I couldn't get it to work.

I'll run wet, and just run off line on the straights to cool them a bit.

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
It might be dry enough for slicks on the racing line, but from my testing, with even a damp surface slicks can't get enough grip to get enough heat to work, then the pressures drop, then eventually you touch a kerb and the tyre falls off the rim.

It might be possible if you start with crazy high pressures, never go outside the racing line, and drive like a madman, but I'm pretty certain I couldn't get it to work.

I'll run wet, and just run off line on the straights to cool them a bit.
That is for sure the safest option. Let's see how the race goes.
It could be worth a try when the race doesn't go to plan.

Reactions: Def

Michael Loosen

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2019
Great race @Michael Loosen The best sim race I have ever had. We were within 2 seconds of each other for the whole 90 mins. Luckily I managed to jump you in the pits and stay ahead (just) !

Yeah man I can't thank you enough for the race. It was just the best and most immersive race of my life. For P2 in split 2. Being within 2 seconds for the whole race, fighting for it in the last lap and being so close, fair and clean to each other was just beyond epic.

Racing through the night in the rain so close to each other. At some points I thought " is this real ? " :D <3

Reactions: Gasarn and Def

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
It was a disaster for me, I struggled from the start of quali as my offline practice was done in wetter track, so tire pressures were skyrocketting.

I was able to do some adjustments pre race but after an incident at the end of lap 1, i was sliding everywhere and didn’t see the point in doing another practice session. At least I got to see some real cool battles in the top 10, great racing. Congrats :)

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Wow that was exhausting! Still haven't learned the ACC physics so didn't really trust the car at all in the wet. Didn't help that I went out to the grass few times and broke my driving lights so drove in the dark for the last 30 min or so. My braking points were very unpredictable because of the lights and caused some hairy moments for the car behind. Eventually I decided to let him by in order to avoid an accident.

Unfortunate contact with @GTS - FusionFR on the last lap. My tires were gone at that point and had some light damage, I must have caught you by surprise in the hairpin braking. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Yea that was a tough race. From pretty much every perspective. Rain, sunset, nightime, 90mins, in VR o_O

I had poor pace all week at a wet Nurb, can't put my finger on it, maybe I'm just bad in the wet, or the M6 is just off the pace on that combo, or maybe I just went the wrong direction (well, directions, since I tried a lot of stuff) with the setup, but I was very relieved when @AndrexUK had good pace, and agreed to swap places for me so he could coordinate Tier 1 and and I could get to do some racing in Tier 2.

Quali was as bad as expected, 21st on the grid. I lost a place or two in the first corners of the race, making sure I left lots of space, got some fun battling early on with @dakuza in the other M6, I always find that trying to pass the same make of car is harder than a different make and it took quite a few laps before he made a bit of a mistake and I got past (he's pretty new to ACC, this may be the last time I get to do that).

There was a very strange and magical moment when the 3 cars immediately ahead of me all slid wide or had a half spin within a few corners of each other so I found myself with another gap ahead to try to close to a different group of cars. But really the pace wasn't there for me to be able to do much to try to advance my position by halfway when I jumped in for a pitstop for fresh tyres and a little fuel.

I took the initially regretful decision to pause my game after my pitstop to save the replay so that at least someone had the first half*, costing me about 5 seconds extra in the pitlane, only to come out 1 second behind two cars :rolleyes:. But it at least gave me another good few laps of fun racing trying to briefly battle the much faster @Newy656, defend from @dopey401 while trying to get past @Mattster who appeared to still be on worn tyres.

Unfortunately @Mattster and I had the smallest of contacts after a little confusion into the last turn and he nudged the wall, I didn't get any damage on my side, and I hope he didn't either (I sent you a pm on Discord). It literally came down to a few mm at most, was a real shame. Maybe the ACC M6 has a slightly longer nose than the PC2 M6 :unsure:

The rest of the race I was mostly alone, trying to lap as quickly as I could in case someone still had a pitstop to take, I gained a few positions from people getting punctures, and I finished a 13th that I didn't deserve on pace, but got just from keeping it neat, and always pointing in the right direction, so I can be happy with that at least.

Congrats to @Martin Schumacher on the dominating pole and win, to @SomeRandomTramp for a solid second (I'm extra glad we ignored your terrible Superpole time now), and @Michael Loosen for a damn fine 3rd in a car I expect wanted to kill you half the time.

Thanks to @AndrexUK and @Def for doing all the organising, and @ShaggyDan for taking the screenshots that VR does not allow me to take.

*If anyone wants to be able to watch the replay of the first half of the race, you can download my files here:
AOR ACC S1R2 Pro Part 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmzxoerx2mgqbk1/aoraccs1r2pro_1.rpy?dl=0
AOR ACC S1R2 Pro Part 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dlgihz6zexa10d/aoraccs1r2pro_2.rpy?dl=0

The race seemed really competitive, clean, fair, and professional from everything I've seen and heard so far. Not sure if I'll have the pleasure of racing with you guys next week, but if I do I certainly wont be disappointed in the slightest.

Cheers!