PC - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro - ROUND 3 - Hungaroring - 13.08.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 1 - Pro - ROUND 3 - Hungaroring - 13.08.19 @8PM UK TIME

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015

ROUND 3 - Hungaroring

Event Information:

Date: Tuesday 13-08-19
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 45 mins

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Clear + 30% chance of change ("rain": 0, "weatherRandomness": 3)

- Race start: Clear + 30% chance of change ("rain": 0, "weatherRandomness": 3)

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 05:00
- Race start time: 06:00 (x2 time acceleration)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Point:

Known absences: @SomeRandomTramp @GTS - FusionFR @Gasarn
Maybe: @jasonabsmeier @Tobias Baumann

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Qually:

Race:

Last edited:

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Provisional/Current server config for this weeks race. All AOR ACC server are running it. Will update this post if anything changes.

Code:
{
"track": "hungaroring",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 500,
"postQualySeconds": 60,
"postRaceSeconds": 120,
"ambientTemp": 27,
"trackTemp": 30,
"cloudLevel": 0.25,
"rain": 0,
"weatherRandomness": 3,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 5,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15,
"trackStatus": {
"useAdditiveStatus": 1,
"idealLineGrip": 1.0,
"outsideLineGrip": 0.7,
"marblesLevel": 0.0,
"puddlesLevel": 0.0,
"wetDryLineLevel": 0.0,
"wetLevel": 0.0}
},
{
"hourOfDay": 6,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 45,
"trackStatus": {
"useAdditiveStatus": 1,
"idealLineGrip": 1.0,
"outsideLineGrip": 0.7,
"marblesLevel": 0.0,
"puddlesLevel": 0.0,
"wetDryLineLevel": 0.0,
"wetLevel": 0.0}
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}
NOTE: There is every chance the ACC servers currently ignore the "trackStatus" settings, but leaving them in just in case.

• Burn
Reactions: Vansinnes

jasonabsmeier

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2019
Apologies in advance as i might not make this race. Its a long weekend in south africa and I'm going on holiday until Tuesday and will only be back the evening. So i will have no practice for this race and dont want to mess it up for someone else.

• Sad
Reactions: JKay14

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
won't have much time to practice due to me basically working every day, but the Ferrari should be strong around here. Massive pressure for quali, the sprint length means it will be flat out from green to checkered. Looking forward to it :)

• Agree
Reactions: JKay14 and AndrexUK

Tobias Baumann

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 15, 2019
Hey i'm not sure if i will make it on time this tuesday. I've got an important appointment that evening. If i'm there i will write it in here like half an hour before the race.

Reactions: Def

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
It was a very interesting race, unfortunately for me, one step ahead, two steps back. It was my first proper wet race and i got caught out a few times by the worsening conditions. Makes me wish I had practiced :rolleyes: it was the kind of race where you can get top 10 if you stay calm and consistent. So big congratulation to everyone who finished, and especially towards the front of the field.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Wow!
A better than expected Qually position for me saw me in P8! huh?
But my team-mate put it on the front row, so Go Lexus!

You should have seen my eyes light up when we moved to the race session, and it was RAIN!!!!
Lexus LOOOOVES the rain!

After the messy first attempt, and a much better 2nd attempt, I got an insaine speed on the green light, and moved up to P4 (party on the grass going past the car ahead!.
Then I was behind my team-mate @Marlon Andrade
Looking good for a top 5 finish if we didn't mess up!
But my Lexus was a demon in the wet, and I managed to get past Marlon into P3.
I then started to catch up on the 2 Mercs ahead.
Just when I'd got close enough to them, I was worried about how to get past, as it's silly hard to pass on this track. (I was able to keep some T1 guys behind me in the practice races, even though the were between 0.5 > 1 sec faster than me...
So I thought I'd just sit behind, and wait for something to happen, or for me to make a mistake and bin it into the wall...
But on the same lap, they started fighting, and then bumped each other off :(
This let me through, and also Marlon too.
So now, we were P1 + P2, and a healthy gap to P3 (about 8 secs)
Marlon would catch up a little over a few laps, then I would pull away a little, so we kept about the same gap, but then he vanished from my mirror, and I saw him in P3 instead :(

Drove home to collect the win, and Marlon took the 3rd step on the podium as well, so awesome points for the team (after a not so great start to the season)

Well done all for learning after the 1st attempt
Sorry for not figuring out the pit limiter formation lap (it's worked fine every single other time :S )
Thanks to all the put in the effort to get to the finish in the challenging conditions!

And for a league update, the rest of the season will be full rain! (just kidding!)

Marlon Andrade

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2019
Wow!
A better than expected Qually position for me saw me in P8! huh?
But my team-mate put it on the front row, so Go Lexus!

You should have seen my eyes light up when we moved to the race session, and it was RAIN!!!!
Lexus LOOOOVES the rain!

After the messy first attempt, and a much better 2nd attempt, I got an insaine speed on the green light, and moved up to P4 (party on the grass going past the car ahead!.
Then I was behind my team-mate @Marlon Andrade
Looking good for a top 5 finish if we didn't mess up!
But my Lexus was a demon in the wet, and I managed to get past Marlon into P3.
I then started to catch up on the 2 Mercs ahead.
Just when I'd got close enough to them, I was worried about how to get past, as it's silly hard to pass on this track. (I was able to keep some T1 guys behind me in the practice races, even though the were between 0.5 > 1 sec faster than me...
So I thought I'd just sit behind, and wait for something to happen, or for me to make a mistake and bin it into the wall...
But on the same lap, they started fighting, and then bumped each other off :(
This let me through, and also Marlon too.
So now, we were P1 + P2, and a healthy gap to P3 (about 8 secs)
Marlon would catch up a little over a few laps, then I would pull away a little, so we kept about the same gap, but then he vanished from my mirror, and I saw him in P3 instead :(

Drove home to collect the win, and Marlon took the 3rd step on the podium as well, so awesome points for the team (after a not so great start to the season)

Well done all for learning after the 1st attempt
Sorry for not figuring out the pit limiter formation lap (it's worked fine every single other time :S )
Thanks to all the put in the effort to get to the finish in the challenging conditions!

And for a league update, the rest of the season will be full rain! (just kidding!)
Yay, what a crazy race, with some ‘brown pants’ moments, finally being able to finish up on podium! Really great to be part of this amazing Tier here on the league =)

I was not super happy with my pace on dry conditions and was quite surprised to be able to qualify on front row.

But then as @AndrexUK mentioned, when I saw that the race would be on the rain ... :love::cool:

I started super carefully, dropped to P3, saw an amazing start from my team mate on my rear view mirror and he was all over me exiting the corners much faster, there was nothing I could do but only try to follow him on P4 =)

Both of us were super fast with the Lexus, we had fastest laps and were catching up the Mercs, but would have been really hard to overtake them if it wasn’t for the unfortunate incident they had.

After that it was supposed to be an easy 1-2 for the team, I was faster than Andrex on a few laps, slower on some other, the weather was getting worse and the only thing going on my mind was that I didn’t want to crash alone on the most stupid ways possible as previous races...

I was overthinking all the time about my driving style and racing lines, should I push, should I just bring the car home...and then the worse happened... I pushed a bit more than I should on turn 3, spun and got severe damage on the front... at that point I felt once again super stupid... :confused:

Fortunately, because of the gap we opened I was able to still have an ok pace to finish on P3, with both @One_Ko and @Michael Loosen catching up in the end (if there were 2 more laps I could have lost the podium to Michael - great ‘recovery’ race mate).

Congrats everyone that was able to just finish this race on this weather, kuddos to Andrex once again for the awesome race pace on the rain and go RadRax!

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
This is proving to be the most frustrating season of racing I've ever had. Struggled to get a clean lap in quali. P10 was ok but knew I could do better.

Had to lift on the green light because the front pack was a bit bunched and got hit from behind from someone further back. Not their fault as the spacing of the pack was a bit uneven.

Next lap, got collected at T1 by a spinning Ferrari. Again, no one's fault. Severe damage, limped home. Pitted and then called it a day shortly after.

dopey401

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 30, 2018
3rd race?
Time to start participating in forum activities i guess ;)

After a hard time getting into the physics of this game i finally figured out why i was lacking pace in comparison to pc2 (switched to load cell pedals but my rig was not stiff enough to handle them :D)
So sorting this out i was getting quicker and felt much more confident while braking
Practiced a lot under dry conditions to get used to the new feeling and finally the ability to trail brake properly

Quali was quite good with p4
On my last lap i was 2 tenth faster but someone spun in front of me and my lap was ruined
Anyway p4 was way better than the races before

Going into the race with no setup for this conditions at all i tried to keep my audi on the track
After 3 spins and several damage i collected i was happy with p9 in the end

Hopefully i am able to have fun and have some nice fights in the remaining 2 races after that frustrating start with acc so far

But i guess the weather in barcelona will keep me in the back of the field beeing too nervous to crash again:ROFLMAO:

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
This is proving to be the most frustrating season of racing I've ever had. Struggled to get a clean lap in quali.
Same thing for me...

In Spa I had pace to challenge for the win, missed about 15l fuel ->P10
Nuerburgring in the wet was not good for the Merc but still good enough for a Top5 finish. Nevertheless I did everything wrong you possibly could. Missed pitstop, spin, puncture... P17 (I think)

Hungaroring again. Bottled qualifying as I invalidated basically all laps except the banker lap at the beginning with no grip. I started pretty good and jumped a lot of drivers and moved up to P6 (from P12) after the first lap. Unfortunately the Merc has any pace in the wet and I slowly dropped back until I made a mistake in the fast left hander up the hill. Finished the race nevertheless in P11.

Next race is rain again... :cry: