PS4 ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 2 - Race 2- Zolder [22/09/2020 7:30pm UK]

danjbirch

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
UK

Built in 1963, Zolder hosted the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix on 10 separate occasions in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as the 1980 Belgian motorcycle Grand Prix. At this time, mainly the Blancpain Sprint Series and the BRCC national championship hosted a race in Zolder. The 24 Hours of Zolder endurance event is also held as a stand-alone event around the end of August or the beginning of September.

Event Information:
Date: 22/09/2020
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #2 | AOR Season 1 - Tier 2
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 60 minutes

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:
  • 0% dry
  • 0% light rain
  • 100% medium rain
  • 0% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 3 - 10:00am
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 11:00am
Server settings

● Pitstop:

• One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • Mandatory tyre change
  • Refueling is not allowed
● Confirmed no-shows:
Will Friedmann
RossAnt
AlexDreamerOdd
Elykane

Last edited:
Reactions: Leroy1600

mgescheidt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 24, 2016
Velká Bíteš
How many sets of wet tyres are we gonna have? In Barcelona I saw only 1 set of wets which would be hell of headache on a rainy weekend here.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Gothenburg, Sweden

danjbirch

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
UK

There are two bugs in the game that has us decided to change the settings for Zolder.

1. The option "simracerWeatherConditions": 1 is not working on console. This will limit the maximum rain/wetness to roughly 2/3 of the maximum values, translating to something between medium and heavy rain.
The weather settings are changed to:
"cloudLevel": 0.2,
"rain": 0.3,

2. Long formation lap on Zolder is bugged and therefore we are using the short formation lap.

Rotters91

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2020
Derbyshire
Where do you start with that race? Totally baffled where my pace went in quali. Ran consistent 35.0s in practice - nowhere near it in quali. All the action at turn 1 happened on the outside, someone almost stopped in front of me and had a slight bump but then someone else lost it and spun into my rear, twice! The car was a nightmare but I was up in 5th so didn't want to stop too early. Eventually it got the better of me and I lost the rear out of the last corner and 2 cars hit me while I was spinning - apologies. Pitted but forgot I hadn't set my pit stop strategy and came out on slicks...pitted again and ran at the leader's pace for the rest of the race. Good battle with @danjbirch

Leroy1600

AOR PS4 GT3 S15 T3 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
UK
Absolute carnage! Involved in 4 incidents, all of which I was in the wrong place at the wrong time

T1 rear ended, managed to just about keep it on wide, only for 2 cars to come flying sideways over the road leaving me nowhere to go

Had really nice pace, overtook a couple and boxed for fresh boots with 35 mins left. First lap out of the box, Danny and Roadhouse had contact leaving me nowhere to go at the chicane... More damage

Then the worst one, overtaking a backmarker into T1 who let me go, he then punts me into oblivion

Night to forget. Congrats to the top 3 great pace guys!

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Nottingham
Bottled it, should of won congrats to @mgescheidt though he drove a great race. Managed a PB in quali and the race got down to a 1.34.8 when I was trying to catch the leader in the 2nd stint. Just got nervous behind a back marker and made a late decision to pit and misjudged the closing speed, ah well more rain at Kyalami which is my favourite circuit so hopefully i can make up for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgescheidt

michaeljc53

Pro Karter
Aug 23, 2020
UK
Here's my POV of the race!

Part 1:

10:16 - Best quali lap (1:35.673). Got held up at the end of quali which caused me to lose 2 potential laps which was a shame
21:22 - Race start. Almost exactly the same as last race, a crash in front of me on lap 1 and all I could do was hit the car in front, and get hit by the car behind, for 12 seconds of damage. Lucky I didn't spin like others
from 40:15 - I make a mistake and let 2 cars pass, then insane jedi skills to avoid pit straight incident

Part 2:

25:14 - Squeeze past an incident to take 4th

Reactions: Rotters91

Rotters91

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2020
Derbyshire
My POV with post-commentary (which I've never really done before).

Ah, that was me you hit on the start straight. Sorry! I had similar issues to you. Got hit at the turn 1 chaos and should've pitted but carried on driving a shopping trolley. I get what you say about making one mistake and losing your rhythm - that's exactly what caused me to spin. I don't know if it's the tyre model and it takes a few corners for them to settle? Lesson learnt, early race damage, pit for repairs.

danjbirch

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
UK
My POV with post-commentary (which I've never really done before).

The green Bentley that comes right across the front of you at turn 1 is me. The two lexus ahead had crashed into eachother and as I took evasive action to avoid the spinning one I still hit it and then got collected by everyone behind, absolute carnage. I also struggled after this as had some damage and was in a lot of traffic.

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja