YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Gothenburg, Sweden

The Silverstone Circuit is a motor racing circuit in England located next to the Northamptonshire villages of Silverstone and Whittlebury.
Silverstone is the current home of the British Grand Prix, which it first hosted in 1948. The 1950 British Grand Prix at Silverstone was the first race in the newly created World Championship of Drivers. The race rotated between Silverstone, Aintree and Brands Hatch from 1955 to 1986, but relocated permanently to Silverstone in 1987. The circuit also hosts the British round of the MotoGP series.

Event Information:
Date: 27/10/2020
Practice session starts: 6:00pm UK time, not mandatory
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #3 | AOR Season 1 - Tier 3
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 90 minutes

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:
  • 58% dry
  • 29% light rain
  • 11% medium rain
  • 2% heavy rain
  • 36% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session
● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 3 - 18:00
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 19:00
Server settings

● Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • What drivers do during their pit stop, is up to the drivers
● Confirmed no-shows:
@leonardojoep

Last edited:

Levij

Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2020
Usa
I'm in the middle of a ice storm my power has been shutting off so hopefully it will not happen during the race.

Levij

Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2020
Usa
I was enjoying the challenge very unpredictable. I wanted to rejoin but the power took 10 min to come on and I know how glitchy rejoins can make the server. Good job to all who survived.

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 17, 2017
UK
What a race!!! I don't think any of us were expecting that level of rain but certainly made it interesting.

Race Report
Q: 6th 2:13.032
R: 1st!!

Not much to be said about Qualifying. Decent lap and all quite close from 3rd-7th
Strategy wise for the race was a bit of a gamble but I decided on a completely soaked track the tyre wear may not be too bad on the wets. I put in almost a full tank of fuel with the plan of a very quick splash and dash pitstop at the end and no tyre change.
Off the start I lost a position to the fast starting @RedBullEnergyyy but gained on @YabbaTheHutt so held 6th. Then half way round lap 1 there was already a spin from @vlx_cortez in front gifting me another position. On lap 2 @RCR_Bouncy made a mistake at the same corner and rejoined just ahead of me and subsequently on the next lap lost control on the exit onto the hanger straight. I thought his car was drifting off to the right but at the last minute it snapped back left and for a relatively heavy contact I was lucky to only get bodywork damage which didn't seem to affect the driveability of the car. For quite a while I had a consistent presence of Yabba's Lexus in my mirrors but the pace was good and I didn't drop too far back from the leaders making me wonder if others had gone for a similar strategy to me. I picked up another couple of positions after spins from @Martynvr and RedBullEnergy.
At around the half way point all the front runners other than me pit and I then realised my pace had been very strong on a full tank and monitoring the gaps behind to Cortez and @Elpolacco I knew I could win the race of the tyres held. I pitted with 5 minutes to go and despite a far from perfect stop still rejoined 14 seconds clear and cruised home for the last couple of laps to take my first league racing victory ever.