PS4 - ACC GT3 SEASON 1 - TIER 4 - RACE 3 - KYALAMI [29/09/2020 7.30PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ACC GT3 SEASON 1 - TIER 4 - RACE 3 - KYALAMI [29/09/2020 7.30PM UK]

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (from Khaya lami, My home in Zulu) is a motor racing circuit located in Midrand, Gauteng province, South Africa. The circuit has been used for Grand Prix and Formula One races and has hosted the South African Grand Prix many times.

Event Information:
Date: 29/09/2020
Practice session starts: 6:00pm UK time, not mandatory
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #4 | AOR Season 1 - Tier 4
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 90 minutes

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:
  • 0% dry
  • 100% light rain
  • 0% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 2 - 14:00
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 13:00
Server settings

● Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • What drivers do during their pit stop, is up to the drivers
● Confirmed no-shows:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016

Some info on the weather settings. There have been some questions saying that the practise servers are set to medium rain and not light rain. This is not correct, the servers are set to light rain. The thing is that the servers will have light rain slightly different from offline practise. So we think that the track will start as wet and go towards dry during the race. We reccomend that you try to get on one of the servers to test how it feels so you don't setup your car wrongly.

If you want, you can read the discussion/talks here:

Opentheirminds

Pro Karter
Jul 17, 2020
Really sorry guys, had to bail out after 30 minutes. Started some new meds that’ve really screwed with my focus and coordination. Thought I’d give it a go but just never felt comfortable or safe. Fingers crossed it’s cleared up for next week

RaceMechNick

Formula Karter
May 25, 2020
I did not practice too much for this race which was actually not a big issue since the new patch brought some changes to the force feedback on my T150 so it felt different anyway :)

In qualyfing it seems that I still have bigger problems. P16 here and so my goal for this race was to not spin and bring this home.

My race pace was not too bad I think. Had a nice hunt on @STAGEFREAK010 and @MR-DO258. After being able to pass both of them I lost my rhythm for a moment but eventually got away from them.

The follwing roughly 50 minutes were quite lonely, gained some positions from some spinning cars though. Lost a lot of time in the pits as I overshot my spot.

Towards the end @STAGEFREAK010 came closer again and I made some minor mistakes still being able to stay in front. Somehow the time felt passing so slow in these laps. Later then I suddenly had a bigger gap to him (what happend to you there?) and I could rest a bit.

Managed to spin around on the last lap but lucky I was the last car on the leading lap so I did not lose my position.

P7 in the end :) Very happy with the race and looking forward to Misano

STAGEFREAK010

Junior Karter
Sep 6, 2020
I did not practice too much for this race which was actually not a big issue since the new patch brought some changes to the force feedback on my T150 so it felt different anyway :)

In qualyfing it seems that I still have bigger problems. P16 here and so my goal for this race was to not spin and bring this home.

My race pace was not too bad I think. Had a nice hunt on @STAGEFREAK010 and @MR-DO258. After being able to pass both of them I lost my rhythm for a moment but eventually got away from them.

The follwing roughly 50 minutes were quite lonely, gained some positions from some spinning cars though. Lost a lot of time in the pits as I overshot my spot.

Towards the end @STAGEFREAK010 came closer again and I made some minor mistakes still being able to stay in front. Somehow the time felt passing so slow in these laps. Later then I suddenly had a bigger gap to him (what happend to you there?) and I could rest a bit.

Managed to spin around on the last lap but lucky I was the last car on the leading lap so I did not lose my position.

P7 in the end :) Very happy with the race and looking forward to Misano
@RaceMechNick haha man, I was soo focused on hunting you down! Right at the point it felt like you had to surrender and hand me over your P7 I lost control and spun... Overall really enjoyed the race again and also looking forward to next week! Cheers!