PS4 ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 5 - Main Thread

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
UK
Well done ThumbTwiddler, BernoR and Lsd. Great first win TT, easier way to write it. Complicated race, was a lot going on and hard to know who was where and whether you were racing the guy behind or not.
Long race. My car was good first half and got up to third but had only 1 lap of fuel left and had to pit. Gambled on wets and the Audi loved them, eat the rears all up no matter how gently I drove. Spun 3 times, very gently sort of Stictly come dancing style and went down to 6th. Decided to pit again but had about 49 sets off dry tyres and no wets. ( You must have to specify more wets in setup?) So back out on slicks and grip wasn't good but could at least keep the car going forward.
Think most people had problems. Learn something each time though, it's just remembering what I learnt that's the problem lol.
In future races would put more fuel in for first stint to give more options and have more pitstops setup to make sure mix of tyres available. I think this first season of ACC conditions are a bit too variable. I do do a lot of practice, nothing else to do in these times, but would always not be as quick as some of you. But you lose so much time on wrong tyres that a few tenths per lap don't make much difference. There's always some really tight times and it would be nice to have stable conditions so that the racing your rival could last longer.
Thought it was quite funny at the start of quali that the 3 red Audis went out in line, took a lot of organising that.

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
UK
It's a nice Tier though and very few incidents as far as I could see. Although apologies again to Jerito for the contact, oops. Some of the other Tiers people are complaining about being taken out. It's nice to race and trust the other person not to take you off.

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Northwich, UK
Thanks Phoenix, I noticed TT doing that in his video, should have know that.
yeah i think every time you choose wets in the mfd it's a new set and they're unlimited unlike dry tires.

with the wet conditions, i put a click of downforce on the rear to help with stability.

Also i was running heavy on fuel expecting to go long, i put another 40L+ in at the pitstop but i was still heavy, i think the fuel tank in the bentley is at the rear and helpe with rear traction (i think ACC simulates this), i also raised the ride height at the front

• Informative
Reactions: silverfox

MarkkuWooooo

Junior Karter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
Silverstone with changing weather conditions, so rain was expected. This time I did decent practice for the race and also had setups ready for changing weather conditions.

Managed to drive a quite good lap on qualifying (1 sec off from last week social race), but the position slipped three down during last minute of qualy and ended on disappointing P14.

Plan was to start the race with heavy fuel and go a bit over mid-race with first stint and then change to wets as the rain was looming. Made some small mistakes during the first few laps and lost few positions, but then found good consistency and decent pace so I managed to gain positions mainly due to mistakes by others. As the track got greasy and I started to lose time to the guys in front I decided to pit with ~50 mins to go. Took wets and immediately felt more comfortable. Tyres went red hot after few laps, but as the rain was getting heavier, this problem was solved. Once again I wasn’t very fast but didn’t do big mistakes either, so as expected on greasy track, gained a lot of positions with other’s misfortunes. At best I was on P7 for a few moments, but towards the end of the race I lost more pace than the chasers so lost few positions. @KielAlexander @chris130256 were flying past with ease, but @John_G seemed to have a big struggle to overtake, which he anyway managed to do. At the end P9 it was.

Smartass comment: Should have started with wet setup/dry tyres and change to wets, instead of starting with dry setup.

Anyway, was challenging weather conditions, but enjoyed every minute of it. To my eyes racing was very clean considering conditions, so thanks everyone.

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Northwich, UK
quali...I can't do quali and a 90 minute race, so something has to give. I started last!

Race...8th

These changing, challenging races continue! Next race I'm anticipating hurricans, tornados and plagues of locusts! Of course I got the tyre choice wrong on 2 pitstops and lost huge time but my final tyre choice had my car handling the conditions like stuff stuck to a blanket. 15th position to 8th (nearly 7th) in 30 minutes was good fun.
5 different winners in 6 races is great for the competitive side of the league although it was very bad luck for @PhoenixNightrain. A superb victory for @Thumbtwiddeler. Well done. Congrats to @BernoR_21 and @pete day for the podium.
Thanks mate, next race is going to be dry unless someone pisses off the ACC weather gods!

We have updated the race in game time though, it was intended to be a night race but Suzuka proved at the weekend that lights still aren't good enough for all to race at night, we've adjusted the start time of the race to 0700 AM in game time

Also it was @KielAlexander who finished third mate ;)

But yeah, championship is wide open now! top 3 are in with a chance.

The next track Nurburgring suits the big front engine cars from memory but the final 2 rounds favour the mid engine cars I think.

Also the fight for 4/5/6/7 in the driver table is very close, covered by just 17 points, also don't count @Mcquiz95 and @KielAlexander out from joining that battle after their superb results at Suzuka over the weekend.

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
UK
I've always thought about getting a gaming PC but am not very tech savvy. Saw a Pc for sale on Gumtree ( a site for people selling second hand stuff ) near me.

CPU Ryzen 5 1600AF
GPU Palit StormX OL GTX 1650 Super
RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DD4-320
SSP- 240 GB WD Green M.2 SATA
HDD 1TB Toshiba HD1000
Motherboard Gigabyte A320m-S2H-AX

It's for sale for £500. So I am looking for advice. This seems to be about the same price as PS5. Just on general discussion in AOR people seem to like the ease of use of consoles and I definitely like this but PC would give better performance for ACC. ( I'm only interested in racing sims ). I'm worried about setting it up and connecting to Playstation etc. PC guys might not be as friendly / helpful as console folk either:unsure:

Reactions: Thumbtwiddeler

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Northwich, UK
I've always thought about getting a gaming PC but am not very tech savvy. Saw a Pc for sale on Gumtree ( a site for people selling second hand stuff ) near me.

CPU Ryzen 5 1600AF
HDD 1TB Toshiba HD1000

It's for sale for £500. So I am looking for advice. This seems to be about the same price as PS5. Just on general discussion in AOR people seem to like the ease of use of consoles and I definitely like this but PC would give better performance for ACC. ( I'm only interested in racing sims ). I'm worried about setting it up and connecting to Playstation etc. PC guys might not be as friendly / helpful as console folk either:unsure:
Hmm, it's a Ryzen which is a good start. I'm going to using Ryzen in mine before the end of the year. I'll be using a Ryzen 5 3600x, the 3 in 3600 tells you the generation, 1 = first, 3 = third.

The Ryzen 5 in that spec is a six core processor so it's capable, whether it will run ACC well, i'm not 100% sure but it meets the recommended spec for ACC on steam.

The motherboard seems to be an older one that only just supports the generation of ryzen processor that the seller has put in, If you ever wanted to upgrade your processor (you will) you would also have to change the motherboard, you would be able to reuse your other components though.

RAM seems decent, not much more to say.

SSP - (i think he means SSD) is good, it's a modern storage device that is very quick compared to older HDD drives. You would have windows installed on here and not much else, i'd have ACC installed in it too.

HDD - this is also very good, HDD storage drives are slower compared to SSD's especially when you have your operating system (windows) installed on them, however when you have windows on another drive (SSD) and only use the HDD for documents/pictures/videos etc it's actually quite quick

Regards the GPU, it seems to be an entry level graphics card. It seems on paper to match some specs of my slightly older GPU, reviews seem to suggest it's ok but not great.

I've put this spec to the ACC PC cods to see what they think and a link to your post, see what they say mate, they've been helpful to me when i've been looking to rebuild my pc.

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Northwich, UK
Very detailed Thumbtwiddler thanks for the response
No worries mate, would you say £500 is the top of your budget?

Thinking about it more, I would keep looking, the age of some of those components means you could build that PC for less than £500 from ebay.

Also if you are looking at second hand PCs, make sure to ask about the power supply. It's actually quite important, if it's an old one or not the right spec it could damage the components in the PC and potentially you'd have to start from scratch again.

I noticed on the your spec there was no mention of a power supply or case.

danjbirch

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
UK

CPU Ryzen 5 1600AF
HDD 1TB Toshiba HD1000

I'm not very familiar with PC specs so not much help there. But, as someone who does ACC on both PC and PS4 I would say the following. Initially I thought PC was less friendly but actually it's mostly just that you have to embrace other forms of communication like using discord where as on PS4 it's easy to communicate using PSN chat, parties etc.

Main benefits for pc for me are the increased grid sizes, driver swaps for endurance races and being able to change pretty much any setting you like such as field of view, but also graphic settings to get it looking like you want.

But I've ended up doing PS4 league this season as I have mates that only have PS4 at the moment and the community here really is great.

PC you'll also probably end up in lower tier as there is a lot of fast drivers. Think I was tier 5 out of 7 where as I'm Tier 2 on PS4 this season.

If you are only into sim racing like me though, in the long term go PC. All the best sims are PC and there are no quality sim games that are console exclusive.

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
UK
Thanks for the replies ThumbTwiddler and danjbirch. I will give that particular Pc a miss. Would feel guilty spending too much on Pc and it's only a notion that keeps coming into my head. Console guys are friendly and know my way round PS better now, not sure about discord.
Was thinking if PS5 works out would it be wiser going that route or PC but from previous discussions PS5 console seems to be good value for money, but presumably Kuonos would have to develop new sim for it for major improvements.
Once again thanks for all the info.