PS4 ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 5 - Main Thread

Shurland George

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 23, 2020
Trinidad and Tobago
Thanks for the replies ThumbTwiddler and danjbirch. I will give that particular Pc a miss. Would feel guilty spending too much on Pc and it's only a notion that keeps coming into my head. Console guys are friendly and know my way round PS better now, not sure about discord.
Was thinking if PS5 works out would it be wiser going that route or PC but from previous discussions PS5 console seems to be good value for money, but presumably Kuonos would have to develop new sim for it for major improvements.
Once again thanks for all the info.
The reason for ACC on console is the next gen. From what we know PS5 has the legs to run proper sim racing. Hoping we get to enjoy other sims

Shurland George

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 23, 2020
Trinidad and Tobago
depends what you like to play.

i have some other PC titles i like to play plus I want to get involved in the endurance stuff so PC makes the most sense for me, won't be the same for everyone though
I'll build a gaming PC again sometime in the future. Last time i did PC sim the first Rfactor was around...lol
No word on whether a version or follow up to ACC is in the pipeline for next gen yet? I’m not going back to gran turismo that’s for sure.
Kunos hasn't said anything but the initial 60fps should become a satisfying reality on next gen.

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2018
Switzerland
I like this discussion and it confirms to me to stay console. I‘d loose my nerves and much worse valuable track-time by fiddeling around with the „building“ of a PC and setting up specs, so everything looks and runs to the liking.
I‘m fine with some compromises atm, but sincerely hope Kunos will continue upping their game and hopefully others will jump the console-train to expand their market, once PS5 is available to masses.

Fot79

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 13, 2019
Italy
I've always thought about getting a gaming PC but am not very tech savvy. Saw a Pc for sale on Gumtree ( a site for people selling second hand stuff ) near me.

CPU Ryzen 5 1600AF
GPU Palit StormX OL GTX 1650 Super
RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DD4-320
SSP- 240 GB WD Green M.2 SATA
HDD 1TB Toshiba HD1000
Motherboard Gigabyte A320m-S2H-AX

It's for sale for £500. So I am looking for advice. This seems to be about the same price as PS5. Just on general discussion in AOR people seem to like the ease of use of consoles and I definitely like this but PC would give better performance for ACC. ( I'm only interested in racing sims ). I'm worried about setting it up and connecting to Playstation etc. PC guys might not be as friendly / helpful as console folk either:unsure:
maybe you can wait for the black friday / cyber monday to see if you could find a good PC with a big discount.
The most important thing on a PC gaming is the graphic card. You need at least a Nvidia 2060 / 2070. But now they're going to relise the new model (3070/3080) and the expert say it's better to wait a couple months and wait for price of the old models to go down

• Informative
Reactions: silverfox

Hacked_GTR

Formula Karter
Aug 21, 2020
Croatia
Well I just ordered components for my new PC.
Ryzen 5 3600x
b550 msi motherboard
16gb ram 3200mhz
nvme 1TB disk
1660super 6gb graphic card
550W modular PSU

It's around 900€ all together with case.
Only weak part is GPU maybe, but it's sufficient for 1080p gaming and 1440p. 2060 super or 2070 are really great but a bit pricy, I rather buyed little bit more expensive motherboard that will support next few generations of ryzen CPUs.
And for sim racing, especially ACC, more important is CPU.

Ryzen 5 1600AF is really good processor for the price, so that's good choice. I would rather go from 1650super to 1660super and take b450 motherboard, there are in range 80-100€.
It's always cheaper to order components that all prebuild configuration.

BernoR_21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands
Anyone here have the original Assetto Corsa for their PS4?

Thinking we could have a Nurburgring Nordschleife Social after the league has finished before December
Yep... I got that one... But never used it a lot.

Are there plans for a filler league? Maybe GT4? Maybe with Zandvoort and Bathurst? That's also a suggestion :)

BernoR_21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands
Definitely! It seems there is may be a 2020 update in the pipeline so new tracks and cars hopefully!

Hopefully they'll update Zaandvort too with the extra banking too.

Update on Zandvoort would be nice to experience the banking. But my opnion is that with GT3/4 I think the former track is more challenging. With banking the last corner will be flat out all the way launching on to the main straight... The old corner could really kill you when you take it on the limit.

Reactions: Thumbtwiddeler

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Northwich, UK
Yep... I got that one... But never used it a lot.

Are there plans for a filler league? Maybe GT4? Maybe with Zandvoort and Bathurst? That's also a suggestion :)
Oh yeah we're working on something to fill the winter gap between the leagues.

I've had an idea for a Team Endurance social too that I will save for the new year, watch this space!

i just fancied a go on a track not in ACC