PS4 - ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 5 - Race 2- Zolder [22/09/2020 7:30pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 5 - Race 2- Zolder [22/09/2020 7:30pm UK]

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020

Built in 1963, Zolder hosted the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix on 10 separate occasions in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as the 1980 Belgian motorcycle Grand Prix. At this time, mainly the Blancpain Sprint Series and the BRCC national championship hosted a race in Zolder. The 24 Hours of Zolder endurance event is also held as a stand-alone event around the end of August or the beginning of September.

Event Information:
Date: 22/09/2020
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #5 | AOR Season 1 - Tier 5
Qualifying length: 15 minutes
Race length: 60 minutes

AOR league rules apply (click)

Weather Conditions:
  • 0% dry
  • 0% light rain
  • 100% medium rain
  • 0% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 3 - 10:00am
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 11:00am
Server settings

● Pitstop:
  • One mandatory pit stop during the race
  • Mandatory tyre change
  • Refueling is not allowed
● Confirmed no-shows:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
Race thread up for Race 2, hope to see you all there, if not please let me know.

Hopefully we can avoid a repeat of Race 1, seems there is a bug that can leave a car on the track after the formation lap.

Front row starters - please make sure to keep an eye out and also shout up if you see anything in voice chat (probably a good idea to un-mute yourself for the start).

John_G

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 3, 2020
Is medium rain a setting that I can choose in practise?
I've never driven in the wet by choice, I love the grip of these machines! :cool:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Also if anyone's doing races. I've experienced a glitch a few times now. On thr grid at zolder but as the formation lap starts the race ends and everything's finished the before turn 1.

It's happened to me in both aor servers and the competition servers multiple times. The time this didn't happen was with the short formation lap.

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
There are two bugs in the game that has us decided to change the settings for Zolder.

1. The option "simracerWeatherConditions": 1 is not working on console. This will limit the maximum rain/wetness to roughly 2/3 of the maximum values, translating to something between medium and heavy rain.
The weather settings are changed to:
"cloudLevel": 0.2,
"rain": 0.3,

2. Long formation lap on Zolder is bugged and therefore we are using the short formation lap.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
There are two bugs in the game that has us decided to change the settings for Zolder.

1. The option "simracerWeatherConditions": 1 is not working on console. This will limit the maximum rain/wetness to roughly 2/3 of the maximum values, translating to something between medium and heavy rain.
The weather settings are changed to:
"cloudLevel": 0.2,
"rain": 0.3,

2. Long formation lap on Zolder is bugged and therefore we are using the short formation lap.

So how exactly does that effect the weather? Less rain and a dryer track? Hopefully doesn't effect setup or I'll have a busy Monday making a 3rd setup for this race.

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
So how exactly does that effect the weather? Less rain and a dryer track? Hopefully doesn't effect setup or I'll have a busy Monday making a 3rd setup for this race.
yes slightly less rain as some were finding the track was too wet, shouldn't affect your setup massively, but i would head over to the practice servers to make sure you're happy with it.

If you can let me have any feedback?

Cheers.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
yes slightly less rain as some were finding the track was too wet, shouldn't affect your setup massively, but i would head over to the practice servers to make sure you're happy with it.

If you can let me have any feedback?

Cheers.
Will do mate. Good thing i flagged up the formation glitch to Michel as well. Would have been two restarts in two weeks for us lol

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Don't know if the servers been updated or not but didn't notice much difference. Slightly up on my time from yesterday but track felt fairly the same.

The short formation lap solves the start issue though

Reactions: PhoenixNightrain