PS4 ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 5 - Race 3- Kyalami [29/09/2020 7:30pm UK]

John_G

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 3, 2020
UK
Thanks @Michel--NL
Absolutely no criticism of you guys, you're doing a great job :cool: Just wanted to make sure what the settings were.

So if we want to practise offline with a full grid we should tweak the settings to match the server - I understand.

The drying line should be really interesting :unsure:;)

Reactions: Michel--NL

Fot79

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 13, 2019
Italy
That's indeed an problem. The offline settings are not the same as online server settings.
The server settings are using different numbers. I can ask the PC guys what the best settings is to simulate the weather settings for offline practice.

Could be something like this
View attachment 120855
Is it the setting for the offline practice session? From what I understand the track will dry up during the race and we will have to use dry tires.
So the best way is to test a full grid race with AI. Correct? Maybe would be usefull sharing these setting with all tiers.

silverfox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2020
UK
I've been on all morning on the practice servers but not enough cars, track for me is really slippery and greasy very poor traction.
Keep getting slower and changing setups, deleted my best one by mistake, going to take a break from it.
Guys did a full race last night I was at the start of it and came back for last 15mns and track was still wet.
They did 48 laps by the way.

Reactions: John_G

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Planet AOR
Is it the setting for the offline practice session? From what I understand the track will dry up during the race and we will have to use dry tires.
So the best way is to test a full grid race with AI. Correct? Maybe would be usefull sharing these setting with all tiers.
Got these settings from a PC coordinator to use for offline practice.
But I must say that it is no guarantee that it will be the same as in the online races.
1600944500375.png

Reactions: Fot79

Rotters91

Pro Karter
Aug 19, 2020
Derbyshire
Got these settings from a PC coordinator to use for offline practice.
But I must say that it is no guarantee that it will be the same as in the online races.
View attachment 120859
I'm straying off tier 2 but it's interesting to hear what other tiers are doing. Any plans to post a general message to all tiers on the weather conditions? I always practice online if possible although it's clear the numbers on track affect how much grip is there.

Michel--NL

Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Planet AOR
I'm straying off tier 2 but it's interesting to hear what other tiers are doing. Any plans to post a general message to all tiers on the weather conditions? I always practice online if possible although it's clear the numbers on track affect how much grip is there.
You can always copy the picture and put it in your tier..nothing against it ;)
@ACC Cod PS4 you can copy the picture for your tier if you want, but also set a warning that there is no guarantee that the weather will be 100% the same.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Gothenburg, Sweden
You can always copy the picture and put it in your tier..nothing against it ;)
@ACC Cod PS4 you can copy the picture for your tier if you want, but also set a warning that there is no guarantee that the weather will be 100% the same.
I've posted some quick info in tier 3 and also linked to this discussion (y)

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2018
Switzerland
I was practicing early evening a bit. The server settings are correct. Trust they always were. The difficult thing is the conditions evolve during the session.

Well, I am tired now and life took over.

Safe my strength for better times. ;)

PhoenixNightrain

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2018
Switzerland
I would drop back to a basic member again :LOL:

I went on today to the server, managed one lap before I heard a noise in the wall and spent the next hour rescuing a pigeon who fell down the chimney!!
Nice! That shows about your ecological awareness. Sim-racing is already ecological, but saving pigeons... (y):D:cool:

• Funny
Reactions: John_G