PS4 ACC GT3 Season 1 - Tier 7 - Race 2 - Zolder [22/09/2020 7:30pm UK]

FLYSKYDHK

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 28, 2020
Australia
Q: P4
R: P11

Oof, that was a tough one. Amazing looking at the top 6 qualifiers and where we all finished! Great win for @Ultra from 8th on the grid!

My race start was OK, made a place on the start to P3, then it all got a bit wild into the first chicane. Think @Wardy636 made a mistake and I tagged him/he tagged me, I managed to get away without too much damage, but the poor run I got off the chicane allowed Ultra to get past, putting me back down to P4.

The next lap is when the race went downhill. Made a stupid mistake at the hairpin, running wide and putting me into a spin to see me drop down to P8. I managed to make a place up with @HTR_cogollo making a small mistake at T2, but completely lost control of the car a couple of laps later to put me down to P10.

This did, however, provide me with the most fun I had in the race after I caught @neonostra. We had great battle for a couple of laps, which started for P9, but during, @Brian Ross had made a mistake allowing us both to pass and I eventually got P8 from Neo. I then managed to catch and pass @Luche109 for P7 and Cogollo for P6 and @Hacked_GTR for P5.

The comeback drive was going well, until I pitted... I lost about 4 seconds trying to manually turn the engine off and then put slicks tyres on. Suprisingly, the slicks didn't feel that bad, but I had to pit again to put wets back on and this shafted me down to P14 and I just wanted the race to be over. I made 2 more places back on wets, @Milusan had a spin for P13, passed @Valbuena39 in the pits for P12 and RossyB for P11.

Towards the end, I was catching @Khaled77 but ran out of laps and got caught up in a backmarker battle between Rossyb (13th), Milusan (14th) and @FLYSKYDHK (15th), so I thought I'd just let them crack on fighting, knowing I couldn't catch Khaled in one lap - apologies if I confused you FLY, I wasn't aware you weren't on the same lap as them and didn't want to sit between you and 13th, if you had a shot at it.

Keepin the umbrella open, ready for Kyalami. See you there!
@Tomji thx buddy. Was confused a bit but yesterday was race to forget for me. Qualified 5th and race start was good right behind you all the way but lost ctrl in the final chicane hit the left wall bouncing me back onto the start finish line. Sorry to anyone I took out in that shunt. After that it was downhill all the way being at the wrong place wrong time ending up collateral damage or affected negatively due to unsafe track re-joins. All in all drove bad and got punished making bad choices but it definitely was fun in a chaotic way. Looking forward to next one in a track I've never driven and lighter rain this time sounds promising. Really wanted to try n stick with the faster bunch ahead of me was my undoing. Lesson learned :) bring on Kyalami !!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Khaled77 and Tomji_

Brian Ross

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 6, 2020
England

Oof, that was a tough one. Amazing looking at the top 6 qualifiers and where we all finished! Great win for @Ultra from 8th on the grid!

My race start was OK, made a place on the start to P3, then it all got a bit wild into the first chicane. Think @Wardy636 made a mistake and I tagged him/he tagged me, I managed to get away without too much damage, but the poor run I got off the chicane allowed Ultra to get past, putting me back down to P4.

The next lap is when the race went downhill. Made a stupid mistake at the hairpin, running wide and putting me into a spin to see me drop down to P8. I managed to make a place up with @HTR_cogollo making a small mistake at T2, but completely lost control of the car a couple of laps later to put me down to P10.

This did, however, provide me with the most fun I had in the race after I caught @neonostra. We had great battle for a couple of laps, which started for P9, but during, @Brian Ross had made a mistake allowing us both to pass and I eventually got P8 from Neo. I then managed to catch and pass @Luche109 for P7 and Cogollo for P6 and @Hacked_GTR for P5.

The comeback drive was going well, until I pitted... I lost about 4 seconds trying to manually turn the engine off and then put slicks tyres on. Suprisingly, the slicks didn't feel that bad, but I had to pit again to put wets back on and this shafted me down to P14 and I just wanted the race to be over. I made 2 more places back on wets, @Milusan had a spin for P13, passed @Valbuena39 in the pits for P12 and RossyB for P11.

Towards the end, I was catching @Khaled77 but ran out of laps and got caught up in a backmarker battle between Rossyb (13th), Milusan (14th) and @FLYSKYDHK (15th), so I thought I'd just let them crack on fighting, knowing I couldn't catch Khaled in one lap - apologies if I confused you FLY, I wasn't aware you weren't on the same lap as them and didn't want to sit between you and 13th, if you had a shot at it.

I was managing to keep a distance till I spun it did my tyres in.

Reactions: Tomji_

Brian Ross

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 6, 2020
England

Was great racing you two just made that mistake then had to pit. Also put my car in the wall so had to pit for damage which really set me back. Great racing tho pal

• Friendly
Reactions: Tomji_

FLYSKYDHK

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 28, 2020
Australia
@Hacked_GTR thank you for the vdo. Sorry for spoiling it for you in the chicane as i touched the grass while turning in. Saw my crash too. Do not remember touching @Flabbs but looks like it on the vdo hence really sorry abt that if I did touch you and cause your spin.

Flabbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2020
Halifax
Its OK mate, you knocked me off and I ended up last for a little bit. But I'm happy with my position at the end. Hopefully the next race isn't as chaotic haha

Reactions: FLYSKYDHK

FLYSKYDHK

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 28, 2020
Australia
Its OK mate, you knocked me off and I ended up last for a little bit. But I'm happy with my position at the end. Hopefully the next race isn't as chaotic haha
Thanks buddy truly truly sorry. Will definitely try and drive better and more aware. Only my first actual race. The other one being evaluation race. Cheers :)

Reactions: Flabbs

Hacked_GTR

Formula Karter
Aug 21, 2020
Croatia
@Hacked_GTR thank you for the vdo. Sorry for spoiling it for you in the chicane as i touched the grass while turning in. Saw my crash too. Do not remember touching @Flabbs but looks like it on the vdo hence really sorry abt that if I did touch you and cause your spin.

No problem, it's first lap, there was a lot of contact, but we didn't touch and I didn't spin, just slightly go off track. It's not like I lost too much time :)
@Wardy636 took me out at approximately half the race, but it was clearly unintentionally (at least I hope so :) ). I would probably let him pass because he was doing faster lap times than me and was lap down. I made a mistake of not pitting after crash, instead I decided to go one more lap before pit stop, and that was big mistake, my car was highly damaged and undrivable at high speeds so I lost more time and positions before I reached pit stop.

Next race will be hard, I found Kylami more slippier that Zolder even it's light rain.

Reactions: FLYSKYDHK