PC - ACC GT3 Season 2 - AM - Round 4 - Brands Hatch - 12.11.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 2 - AM - Round 4 - Brands Hatch - 12.11.19 @8PM UK Time

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
bad luck guys for me yesterday.my pc was attacted by ransomware virus all files encrypted:(
after work i have to reinstall my windows again.i hope i catch race on time.
if somebody helps to resolve with this problem,i really be happy.
thanks.

• Scared
Reactions: GIXXERosg

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
bad luck guys for me yesterday.my pc was attacted by ransomware virus all files encrypted:(
thanks.
i really wish i knew a way round it but unfortunatly not, all i can advise really is clone your drive on a seperate SSD/HDD incase it happens again, ill put you down as a maybe for tonight i hope you can get it sorted though

• Friendly
Reactions: DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Steve Allan

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
thanks.
Man that's some awful luck man. Let's hope that you can get in the race tonight.

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
before refresh install OS , i downloaded game again but no way, after exit one time from steam game has been erased again.i mean all files are locked :(
srry guys, i won't attent today race good luck all of you.

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
before refresh install OS , i downloaded game again but no way, after exit one time from steam game has been erased again.i mean all files are locked :(
srry guys, i won't attent today race good luck all of you.
really sorry to hear this i just hope you had all your setups backed up spmewere, i just hope you clone your drive afterwards as i had a virus do something similar to me and learnt the hard way to backup

• Useful
Reactions: DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Steve Allan

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
I won't lie, that was a horrendous race for myself, I will need to watch back the footage I recorded from the cockpit but happy with the eventual points. Onwards to Monza and hopefully a good dry race

sellew

Formula Karter
Jul 1, 2019
Congrats to top 3, well done. Admittedly, I did not have the patience and skill to race in these conditions and that killed my motivation.

Danny Hendriks

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 25, 2016
After finding 5 seconds in the last lap of quali, i started 5th, had a good start an managed to keep this position. After a few laps no 4 spun and i took his place, then the pitstop was there, and what a way for the game to srew me over. Stop went as planned, but then when i wanted to start my car, nothing happend, used the on off switch of the ignition, nothing, this lasted i think 20 seconds amnd out of nothing my car started again. In the meanwhile lost 7 positions and came out of the pits in 11th. Going on track i noticed straght away, something wasn't right with the steeringwheel, there was no feeling what so ever, ffb spiked like hell and no response at all. Did some laps with this wheel condition an suddenly it just went blank and did nothing anymore. Goodbye points, goodbye good position in the standings. Now hoping the last 4 races it will come back to me.

Also, for a boat, the boatley in my hands wasn't happy in the water

sellew

Formula Karter
Jul 1, 2019
After finding 5 seconds in the last lap of quali, i started 5th, had a good start an managed to keep this position. After a few laps no 4 spun and i took his place, then the pitstop was there, and what a way for the game to srew me over. Stop went as planned, but then when i wanted to start my car, nothing happend, used the on off switch of the ignition, nothing, this lasted i think 20 seconds amnd out of nothing my car started again. In the meanwhile lost 7 positions and came out of the pits in 11th. Going on track i noticed straght away, something wasn't right with the steeringwheel, there was no feeling what so ever, ffb spiked like hell and no response at all. Did some laps with this wheel condition an suddenly it just went blank and did nothing anymore. Goodbye points, goodbye good position in the standings. Now hoping the last 4 races it will come back to me.

Also, for a boat, the boatley in my hands wasn't happy in the water
On the bright side. Overall standings are a lot more exiting now :D

• Scared
Reactions: GIXXERosg

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Race thoughts from Gix:

Well I was pretty sure I would mess it up, was VERY surprised at the lack of grip with cars on track during the practice. If you attended the Sun/Mon practices I'm sure you know what I mean. @aerosmudge I could not shake you for the life of me, really sucks the pit stop went horrible for you and was pretty focused on when I would see you on my ass again. R4 was the only one so far where I didn't have an issue and had to back up btw. The timing thing is weird with pit stops in the box!

@TheRealestPepito @maciol90 wow is all I can say, starting from the back and finishing that strong... :alien:

Want to thank people that got the blue flags, I just seemed to catch up to people at all the hard times to let me through! Well DONE!

Sucks people had different types of issues BUT it is 1 race and 1 race only! We have 4 more rounds to go!

Anyone want to VOTE for RAIN on Monza??????? PLZ :LOL:

TheRealestPepito

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 21, 2019
Oof what a race. Don't know what happened in quali as it seemed i got soft DC'd in the final minutes while improving my time and didnt get notified. Only realised when i couldnt see any cars on track and there were weird glitches and artifacts all over. Rejoined the server and it said i was still in 3rd but i was last when the race started. Was looking forward to scrapping with the guys up front but it is what is. What ensued was some amazing racing from everyone i came across. Big kudos to the guys i raced while going for that remontada haha. There were some code brown moments with dodgy rejoins and blue flags but overall cant complain. it is a hard track to be a back marker on, especially when you're struggling for grip in the wet so good job everyone. I was P12 when the pit window opened and i guess a few guys had issues with their stop cause i pitted late and came out P5. Still had some life left in the tyres so started pushing and caught the guys ahead who i believe were starting to struggle with tyre deg and somehow got into P2. @maciol90 Kept me honest the entire time and prolly wouldve caught me if there had been 1 or 2 more laps haha. I was just trying to nurse the car home in the last minutes as it felt like my left rear was critical. The last turn and turn 1 were particularly tricky. You mentioned there was a lot more grip in the practice race @GIXXERosg but it was the complete opposite for me. My car was about 1.5 seconds faster than it was the day before and i changed nothing in the setup. Prior to quali i didnt even dream of going down to 30s haha. Congrats on that win again! Ive been messing up my races and it feels great to finally keep it together and make it stick! Bring on a long week of Monza!

OJ Racing

Pro Karter
May 30, 2019
Well that was a crazy race!
I went to the back of the field on the first lap and then had a great time battling back through the field. After the pit stops @Welchy10 and I came together round the back of the track; having watched it back a few times on the replay I think this was just a racing incident and nothing really wrong by either driver.
Lots of close clean racing throughout and I think we all did really well to keep it clean and mostly under control - especially seeing some of the issues they had in the other races.
I made a couple of mistakes at key moments (like spinning out on the first corner of the last lap!!!), but overall had a really enjoyable race and am learning every week.
Thanks to everyone that raced and @GIXXERosg and @morphee7 as always.
On to Monza next week!

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
I
Oof what a race. Don't know what happened in quali as it seemed i got soft DC'd in the final minutes while improving my time and didnt get notified. Only realised when i couldnt see any cars on track and there were weird glitches and artifacts all over. Rejoined the server and it said i was still in 3rd but i was last when the race started. Was looking forward to scrapping with the guys up front but it is what is. What ensued was some amazing racing from everyone i came across. Big kudos to the guys i raced while going for that remontada haha. There were some code brown moments with dodgy rejoins and blue flags but overall cant complain. it is a hard track to be a back marker on, especially when you're struggling for grip in the wet so good job everyone. I was P12 when the pit window opened and i guess a few guys had issues with their stop cause i pitted late and came out P5. Still had some life left in the tyres so started pushing and caught the guys ahead who i believe were starting to struggle with tyre deg and somehow got into P2. @maciol90 Kept me honest the entire time and prolly wouldve caught me if there had been 1 or 2 more laps haha. I was just trying to nurse the car home in the last minutes as it felt like my left rear was critical. The last turn and turn 1 were particularly tricky. You mentioned there was a lot more grip in the practice race @GIXXERosg but it was the complete opposite for me. My car was about 1.5 seconds faster than it was the day before and i changed nothing in the setup. Prior to quali i didnt even dream of going down to 30s haha. Congrats on that win again! Ive been messing up my races and it feels great to finally keep it together and make it stick! Bring on a long week of Monza!
I unfortunately had aero damage so was just pleased to get to the end

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well for me a worse race for me than zolder which i wouldnt think was possable, i got punted on the rear waiting for the leader to start in the acceleration zone which gave me a bit of rear damage so had to turn TC up to cope with it.
Then a few laps later @maciol90 broke slightly later than me into turn 1 and cliped my back end which i managed to stop from spinning but couldnt stop the four wheel drift off the track but he did wait for me to retake my place but that still gave me more damage on the rear and loss of pace.
Then the ultimate killer later on, after turn 3 i see @Steve Allan go slightly off track and lose momentum so i think oh a chance to pass, so i move to the outside and just as the pass is nearly complete i think he drifts wide and clips my rear bumper that spins me into the wall and bounces me across the track,,,, game over

so i slowley go back to the pit and repair and think maybe i could get a point or too....... NOPE i go for my mandatory pit stop not knowing it has rechecked the box to change tyres so i think ok no worries fresh tyres... no as i exit the pit i hear "be careful low tyre pressures stay away from curbs" i look down at tyres and there stone cold and drys i would have had more grip on ice skates so i had to retire.
oh well onto next week
and i will probably be the hated co-ordinator out of us now as i havr had to put in stewards for the incidents, please dont take this as a witch hunt as we try to use then as a teaching method for everyone (and i dont normally put them in but have to now as a coord)

Reactions: aerosmudge

Steve Allan

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
Then the ultimate killer later on, after turn 3 i see @Steve Allan go slightly off track and lose momentum so i think oh a chance to pass, so i move to the outside and just as the pass is nearly complete i think he drifts wide and clips my rear bumper that spins me into the wall and bounces me across the track,,,, game over
I'm ever so sorry about what happened Morphee, I wasn't too sure of what happened myself. I'll have a look on the replay in a moment and get back to you about it.

Edit:

Just put everything up in the steward's enquiry post, and yeah I take full responsibility for it and should have been smarter considering the conditions. Also no hate from me, we've got to look and learn from these mistakes.

Last edited: