ACC GT3 Season 2 - Elite - Round 2 - Spa - 29.10.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

ACC GT3 Season 2 - Elite - Round 2 - Spa - 29.10.19 @8PM UK Time

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019

ROUND 2 - Spa

Event Information:
● Date: Tuesday 29-10-2019

● Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)

● Pre-Race Briefing: 7:55pm (UK time)

● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 90 minutes

Mandatory pit window:
Pitlane opens after xx minutes (xx minutes left of race time)
Pitlane closes after xx minutes ( minutes left of race time)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Light Cloud

- Race start: Light Cloud + Random weather

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 11:00
- Race start time: 12:00 (x2 time acceleration)

● Server settings:
Code:
{
  "track": "spa",
  "eventType": "E_6h",
  "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
  "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 150,
  "postQualySeconds": 20,
  "postRaceSeconds": 30,
  "ambientTemp": 26,
  "trackTemp": 30,
  "cloudLevel": 0.22,
  "rain": 0,
  "weatherRandomness": 2,
  "sessions": [
    {
      "hourOfDay": 9,
      "dayOfWeekend": 2,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "P",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 120
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 11,
      "dayOfWeekend": 2,
      "timeMultiplier": 1,
      "sessionType": "Q",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 15
    },
    {
      "hourOfDay": 12,
      "dayOfWeekend": 3,
      "timeMultiplier": 2,
      "sessionType": "R",
      "sessionDurationMinutes": 90
    }
  ],
  "configVersion": 1
}

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)

● Formation Point:

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.

● Acceleration Zone:

In this zone, the leader is free to put the foot down whenever he wants. The leader must not go past the end of the zone without accelerating.

Reactions: amir_hosseini

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
With the 2019 ACC update, the new cars it introduced, and crucially the new 2019 versions of the tracks it has created a complicated situation with regards to car performance and competitiveness.
At the moment every car can join any online session, but depending on the version of the track that is joined the car may well have a different BOP (Balance Of Performance) applied to it:
  • If a car that raced in 2018 joins a 2018 track it gets the real 2018 BOP applied (this is the situation we were in before the patch)
  • If a car that raced in 2019 joins a 2019 track it gets the real 2019 BOP applied
  • If a car that raced in both 2018 and 2019 joins a 2018 track it gets a real 2018 BOP, if it joins a 2019 track it gets a real 2019 BOP (this is the case for cars like the Ferrari, M6, 2018 Bentley)
  • If a car that did not race in 2018 joins a 2018 track it gets an estimated 2018 BOP that Kunos applied (this would be the case if you raced the Audi Evo on a 2018 track)
  • If a car that did not race in 2019 joins a 2019 track it gets an estimated 2019 BOP that Kunos applied (this would be the case if you raced the non-Evo Audi on a 2019 track)
In light of this, and considering that the Spa race is less than a week after the patch was released, we have decided to continue as we previously were for now, and race only 2018 cars on the 2018 version of the Spa track for next week.

More discussions and plenty of testing are going on in the meantime and we will update everyone as soon as possible when we have decided the final plan for the weeks following the Spa race.

Reactions: Adalexis

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
NOTE:

In light of this, and considering that the Spa race is less than a week after the patch was released, we have decided to continue as we previously were for now, and race only 2018 cars on the 2018 version of the Spa track for next week.

Reactions: Gianfrest/Twitch.tv

Jarkko Torvinen

Semi-Pro Karter
May 22, 2019
If a car that did not race in 2018 joins a 2018 track it gets an estimated 2018 BOP that Kunos applied (this would be the case if you raced the Audi Evo on a 2018 track)
It gets the 2019 bop, which is a bit slower. They did not do any special bop in this case

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Just to remind that all reserves are allowed to race

Reactions: kovy34

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Sorry it is not updated. 15 min pitwindows roughly at the middle of the race

Reactions: Black_Gold_Saw

Ulti

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 5, 2016
Yeah goodluck to whoever tries and not pit this race:ROFLMAO: Also, im in for this race as my PC is up and running again

• Friendly
Reactions: Chloé

Black_Gold_Saw

Pro Karter
Oct 19, 2019
Yeah goodluck to whoever tries and not pit this race:ROFLMAO: Also, im in for this race as my PC is up and running again
I havent participated in the practice races on sunday and monday.
Im betting on tyre change and adding fuel.
So I geuss 1:00 minute long pitstop.

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Im betting on tyre change and adding fuel.
I expect you need to add fuel just to make it to the end (I do), and while you dont need to change tyres, in that one set should make it to the end without exploding I'm utterly convinced its faster to change tyres, providing you can make any overtakes you need to make quickly, so I'll be doing that too.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
bit late, but i guess you realized that refueling and tyre change happens at the same time.
you can refule about 100 lt while the mechanics are busy with the tyres

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
bit late, but i guess you realized that refueling and tyre change happens at the same time.
you can refule about 100 lt while the mechanics are busy with the tyres
I did not know this. I started my race with a full tank, easily costing myself 4 tenths a lap in the first stint :rolleyes: That's on me I guess, I'd never found time to test it alongside everything else, and had mistakenly assumed otherwise...a lesson learned.

Maybe I should try to find a Discord community to join where like-minded people share tips like this before races :unsure:

Black_Gold_Saw

Pro Karter
Oct 19, 2019
I did not know this. I started my race with a full tank, easily costing myself 4 tenths a lap in the first stint :rolleyes: That's on me I guess, I'd never found time to test it alongside everything else, and had mistakenly assumed otherwise...a lesson learned.

Maybe I should try to find a Discord community to join where like minded people share tips like this before races :unsure:
Not gonna lie, mid race I thought about skipping the tyre change.
18 sec without tyres, 32 sec with tyres were pit stop times.

But I noticed that I had 5-10 liters left, my lap time were still 18-high, 19-low. So adding 70 litters will result in atleast 0.5-1.0 slower lap times after pitstop bequase of extra weight.

So I did change tyres which was right choice.
+ Had some fighting, from P26 back to P8 is extra wear.

Next time you do a 90 minute race. You have to change tyres and fuel.

Spa = 2:19 lap times. So 5400sec(90minutes)÷139sec=39.
So 39 laps in 90 minute race.
39x3.7 liters a lap= 148 liters for a race.
You need to pit, so start with either more or less fuel for first half depending on your pit strategy.
I started with 80 liters. Took pit late as possible and added 67 liters.

*This kind of tip you'd like?
60 minute race = no fuel add and no tyres.
You'll never make up that time.

• Winner
Reactions: Shooter80

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Thank for taking the time to type that up @Black_Gold_Saw that explains it well, that's the opposite of what I did. I started with a full tank, put in 35L at the stop, stupidly thinking that would reduce my pitstop time.

Thinking back, I should have noticed this myself since its probably pretty apparent just from looking at the pitstop time estimate, but that's a pain in the ass to read in VR, and I just never managed to make the time to test it and figure it out, and the assumption about not overlapping tyre change and refuelling wasn't something I'd ever had any reason to question until last night. Damn assumptions :oops:

That's all part of racing though...setup tricks, strategy secrets, tyre understanding, its not all about the driving (y)

Reactions: Black_Gold_Saw