PC - ACC GT3 Season 2 - General Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 2 - General Discussion

morphee7

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2018
A quick question about mandatory pitstop window, what if you get damage before the window and have to repair do you still have to do the pit window stop? same as if you get damage after the window you will lose out,
personally i think this will encourage more retirements knowing there not going to progress if they have any incident outside the window

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
A quick question about mandatory pitstop window, what if you get damage before the window and have to repair do you still have to do the pit window stop? same as if you get damage after the window you will lose out,
personally i think this will encourage more retirements knowing there not going to progress if they have any incident outside the window
if you get damage on lap 1 you’ll have to carry on with the damage until the pit lane opens.
I don’t know if you’re right or not about the retirement, but this also avoids people pitting on lap 1 or 2 to gain a massive advantage with a clear track whilst the others are battling.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
And also should go some way towards making drivers be extra careful, knowing they don't get a 'free repair', but that they would actually need to live with the damage (or deal with the extra pit stop).
If you pick up a little bit of dmg, then you can carry that till the pit lane open's and still get a 'free repair'. But it should help ppl take car of their cars!

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I think you can pit at any moment to repair damage in case that damage affects your driving too much, but you then need to pit again within the pit window.

• Agree
Reactions: TureeruT and Def

TureeruT

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 22, 2019
I think you can pit at any moment to repair damage in case that damage affects your driving too much, but you then need to pit again within the pit window.
in real life it is like you said, but you have not to pit again.
In the end, the game takes time to repair damage, so there is no advantage.
The tricky part is that irl there are the stewards judging if there was damage or not.
In game there should be no problem, because in the log you can see the amount of damage.
to stay realistic, I would let them pit only in case of severe damage, but without having to pit again.

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
in real life it is like you said, but you have not to pit again.
That's not true, because IRL all the teams have 2 drivers and they HAVE to pit within the pit window and switch driver, regardless they pitted already or not.

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Contacts should be penalized, granting a free pitstop is already too much imo.

With this safety net, people will think « fck this, everyone has to pit so damage is no problem ».

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Contacts should be penalized, granting a free pitstop is already too much imo.
^
This!
I hate the concept of mandatory pit.
I gain my places by driving consistent and being safe / staying out of trouble (It's certainly not due to speed!)
And I take advantage of ppl having to pit for repairs.
With Mandatory stop, that gain is almost taken away, because I have to pit as well anyway.

If it was purely my own choice, I wouldn't have it, but the feedback seamed to suggest that many did want it in, so here it is!

It may be something we review/change later, but it would still need a large amount of damage to warranty pitting outside of the pit window.
And while there is a free repair, the fact that it's within a defined time-frame, should force ppl to not want to be risking too much!
It's still there, so HAVING to pit for repairs, will not mean your race is 100% over, but as @Chloé / @VoodooChild have said, it's not something that should be used as an option to take an advantage from.

Vanders

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 7, 2018
I can see both sides. I had two races ruined by pure bad luck last season. Maybe I'm being generous, but I doubt people will change their approach because there's a pit stop for repairs now. And, if they did, they'd be the kind of person who shouldn't be in the league. Anyone who drives more aggressively because they have a free pit stop is very silly.

On a different note, it's great to see so many people signing up for the league. It's nice to see the vocal minority claiming ACC is a failure being proved wrong. Can't wait for the Intercontinental update. Bathhurst, Suzuka and Laguna Seca. Yes.

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
The only way coordinator have to push for the cleanest racing environment possible is to apply license penalty points through stewards inquiries.
Habitual offenders will eventually get qualify and race bans which hopefully will force them to driver more carefully.
We'll also implement a positive reinforcement as drivers who *complete* a race with no issues will have some of the penalty points removed from their driving licenses.
Penalty points will also be carried into future seasons.

Therefore, don't be shy in opening stewards inquiries, it's in everybody's interest.

not ImPulse

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 4, 2018
I like the idea of mandatory pit stops.
In my opinion the best way to handle it is like this:
- everybody have to pit inside the given pit window
- small damage (not heavly effecting the driving) can be repaired in the regular pit window
- if you have heavy damage (driving is restricted, light's damaged, etc.) you can or have to pit BUT you have to pit a second time inside the pit window

I think with this way the people respect the damage, because they would have to pit twice, which cost time
I would say no one gets an advantage here, just disadvantages

Greetz

VoodooChild

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Yep, that's how it's intended to work.

Thomas Hozé

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
There is no point making a rule about overtaking imo, we are playing ACC here which is a sim following Blancpain GT series regulations, let's just apply exaclty the Blancpain regulations and it'll be fine.
There are already existing rules, no need to make new ones :)
During official Blancpain races, race director always gives the correct penalty imo, it's very very rare that someone does a bad move and get away with it, not like Formula 1 by the way.
Let's just be extra strict about it like Blancpain and I don't we'll get any issue with wrong or lack of penalties.
As a start rule, the driver behind is 100% responsible if he hits the driver ahead under normal driving conditions, if he is on the side and choose his lane far before braking area, the driver in front has to acknowledge that and leave that lane free. You cannot just close the door while turning in the corner if the driver behind has clearly showed he would overtake.
By this I mean that I saw countless of example when i was on the inside, flashing, since ages on the inside, i'm no side by side yet, and T1 Monza the guy just takes normal racing line first part of chicane and cut me off, and i'm not even overshooting corner.
In this specific example (and I explain this one in particular because many drivers will say i'm at fault, even if in Blancpain real life example it's not ending like this) If you're willing to defend against a car that is willing to overtake, you cannot change line UNLESS you let your opponent go throught to cross behind him.
If you decide to pick racing line while the guy behind is clearly trying to take the inside you are at fault in know overtaking corners.
If it's a know corner that it's very very dangerous to overtake, then the driver behind is at fault for trying to overtake in dangerous area.
The driver behind is at fault aswell if he quickly moves on the inside just before braking to take inside. Then the driver ahead don't have time to react/see and cannot prepare to stick to a lign imo.
That's how I see overtaking/defending.
Also when you're defending on the inside and the guy behind is staying on the outside line before braking.
PLEASE DON'T come back to racing line last second, because I got killed like that so many times, I wanted to brake later to carry speed on outside and last second he turns back to your line and slams the brakes in front of you, it's just called "changing line under braking zone" and is strictly forbidden in any racing situation.

EDIT: I made a video this morning so we can talk about facts, race was happening on 12/10/2019 1pm EDT (Montreal/New York)

Last edited:

Thomas Hozé

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
Sorry for double post but i would like to ask something that is not related but to me that's fairly important and I didn't see it clearly in the rules...
It's about pitlane. . .
I saw so many drivers cutting fast lane and slow lane with ease witout giving a **** in the pits and also completelly cutting white line on exit of pitlane.
In the rules you say, "if it's dangerous or gain an advantage" i mean in any case that is dangerous and in any case he will gain an advantage, no driver is supposed to drop 2 wheels outside of the white line, just look at Romain Dumas if I remember correclty on 2nd pit window of Paul Ricard 2019, it wasn't dangerous and he got drive throught anyway.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Def

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
Sorry for double post but i would like to ask something that is not related but to me that's fairly important and I didn't see it clearly in the rules...
It's about pitlane. . .
I saw so many drivers cutting fast lane and slow lane with ease witout giving a **** in the pits and also completelly cutting white line on exit of pitlane.
In the rules you say, "if it's dangerous or gain an advantage" i mean in any case that is dangerous and in any case he will gain an advantage, no driver is supposed to drop 2 wheels outside of the white line, just look at Romain Dumas if I remember correclty on 2nd pit window of Paul Ricard 2019, it wasn't dangerous and he got drive throught anyway.
see below
Also Blancpain rules can't be fully applied because we've got no live stewards. Only server admins can hand out drive through, but it's not practical for a cod to do it while he's driving
● Stay within the white line and obey the speed limit when entering and exiting the pit lane. If you cause a dangerous situation by crossing the pit entrance or exit line, or if this is done in a way that blatantly gains time or track position, you will be penalised. Remember to assign your pit limiter button as well.