PC - ACC GT3 Season 2 - Pro - Round 5 - Monza - 19.11.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 2 - Pro - Round 5 - Monza - 19.11.19 @8PM UK Time

krop

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018

ROUND 5 - Monza

Event Information:
● Date: Tuesday 19-11-2019

● Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)

● Pre-Race Briefing: 7:55pm (UK time)

● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 90 minutes

Mandatory pit window:
Pitlane opens after xx minutes (xx minutes left of race time)
Pitlane closes after xx minutes (xx minutes left of race time)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Sunny

- Race start: Sunny

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15:00
- Race start time: 16:00 (x2 time acceleration)

● Server settings:
Code:
x

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)

● Formation Point:

1574184538463.png

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.

● Acceleration Zone:

1574184545029.png

In this zone, the leader is free to put the foot down whenever he wants. The leader must not go past the end of the zone without accelerating.

Last edited by a moderator:

SellerieMitDip

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2019
I wasn't able to attend any of the practice races this week. Does anyone know where the formation point and acceleration zone for todays race is?

Thanks in advance.

(I'm guessing FP is just before parabolica and AZ from under the podium up to the starting light. But still asking just to make sure)

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
It was a shame to see incidents in the first few corners as it is a long race.

Good race overall and you guys had good pace around here, hats off to Shaggy Dan for getting the Aston high up the field.

Unfortunately had to open the door to my brother and that was the start of my downfall as I lost all focus and had a big crash at Lesmo 1.
Off work tomorrow so will have time to check replays and enquiries. Thanks all.

Reactions: V.Korus and JKay14

V.Korus

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 29, 2019
Well.. this race i wanna just stomp somewhere like it's never happend. But at the end i can call me one of the lucky ones who didnt had a DC.
P10 after quali was not good but okay. Race start was a bit bambelboozed stuff there, luckly i could avoid it all and sneak me trough a little gap.
I think i was P8 then, after some laps i got eaten by a M6 this thing is outrageous fast on the straights.
After beeing a couple laps behind this wall unit aka M6 i feeled like the dirty air maked my race hard. Instand of backing off i just pushed more.
At Ascari i lost it complete, nothing new for me at the end if i do a mistake its always happend in Ascari. Heavy damage at the front it was then.
So i drove into the pits repaired it and changed my tires. Whit a gap of 3.4sec to the leader i leaved the pits. Pedal to metal it was 70 minutes left.
I tried to be fast enough, so that i dont get overlapped and loose more time. It worked well out, then the mandorty stop came just refuel and go.
Some laps later i spun again at Ascari. Its like i can write already my canditature for mission spin now. At the end it was still P16.
But i wouldent be in the points to be honest if the DC's didnt happend. Feeling bad for those people, cause i also know how it feels then.
For me its also bad, as a reserve driver i want to use every opportunity but they are limited since it can be that i wont start.
At the end i throw a Top 10 finish away in the early stage of the race. Congrats to the podiums what a strong pace you got there is amazing.
Now its time to close the chapter monza and look forward to misano whit the hope again to start there and get those lost points back.

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
The good
  • Setup was good - (car felt nice, stable, and had some good speed for overtaking).
  • My pace was good - (was on very similar pace to @AndrexUK who finished 4th).
  • I didn't spin on my own, or drive into any walls - (despite driving 95% of the laps with rear damage).
The bad
  • Lost internet at the end of Q, had to start second last. :confused:
  • Got tapped and spun exiting the first chicane at the start of lap 3 - (dropped from 19th back to 25th and got some minor rear damage). :oops:
  • Got tapped and spun again exiting the first chicane at the start of lap 24 - (dropped from 12th back to 17th and got some fresh rear damage, right after I'd fixed my first damage). :rolleyes:
  • Ran myself onto the gravel at Lesmo 2 on the second last lap while racing @ShaggyDan for position - (dropped back from 10th to 13th). :(
  • I was ill, and that made a tough race even harder - (don't think it slowed me down though) :sick:
The ugly
  • Didn't do a very safe job of recovering from the first spin, was rather fortunate that @Tobias Baumann made it past me as I was trying to get my car pointing in the correct direction.
  • Went a bit too deep into T1 when passing @RSe Dawiin and rubbed doors in the middle of the chicane.
  • The gravel slowed me down so much on the second last lap that @LuckyW didn't have much of a chance of making it past on the inside, we touched and he spun. Thankfully without him losing any positions.
  • A few people appear to have got disconnected from the server on lap 12. Will look into this.
The apologies
  • Apologies to @LuckyW for our contact, to @Tobias Baumann for that near miss, and to @Mattster for being a bit overenthusiastic up the inside at Parabolica.
  • Sorry to everyone still in discord immediately after the race for me darkening the mood somewhat after a long race, when the time should better be spent listening to people who have something positive to say.
The thanks
  • Thanks to @Adrien Grenier for letting me start second last instead of last, and for playing the smart/long game and not slowing us both down fighting for positions while I was recovering repeatedly from dropping back.
  • Thanks to all at AOR for organising the race.
The summary

Well damn...more things went wrong in that race than usually go wrong in a whole season, so hopefully I've used them all up now. I learned some stuff at least...like to go extra wide exiting the first chicane if there is another car close behind, since it appears that people are likely to expect me to run all the way out onto the kerb and may well drive into me if I don't, despite me being well on my side of the track (I don't race Monza in pub lobbies so have never learned this in the past).

Monza is done now though, so onwards to Misano. Will hopefully manage to make some time to get some good practice in, and hopefully offset this result with something a bit less frustrating.

Vanders

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 7, 2018
Finally.

Squandered two opportunities for good finishes this year through my own incompetence, but this one finally stuck.

I started 17th after a pretty average qualifying. I was five tenths off my best time, but wasn't overly concerned given it was a long race and I was confident about my race pace.

I benefited from the various lap one issues. Turn 1 was a little scary as we were three wide and I was on the outside at turn 2. A minor door bash pushed me onto the gravel and gave me a little damage, but was fortunate to avoid the worst.

After dispatching a Bentley, I spent most of the 1st stint in a gap with no one around me in the upper reaches of the top 10.

I was, I think, the last car to pit as I'd overfilled my car and I wanted to avoid any traffic.

With damage repaired and new tyres, my pace improved to a best of 1:49.1, but generally around 1:49.5. @krop ahead of me made mistake and picked up some damage. I chased him for a good 20 minutes with around 2 second gap between us, but finally caught up to within a second on the penultimate.

I genuinely considered not going for a move and settling for what I had, but licked the stamp into T1 and just made it stick.

Side note: I've learned a lot in the last few weeks, but one of the big things was avoiding distractions. Turning off the relative and using Crew Chief to update on gaps really helped my consistency in this race. It's way too easy to obsess about other people's lap times and not focus enough on your own lap and pace.

SellerieMitDip

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2019
Turning off the relative and using Crew Chief to update on gaps really helped my consistency in this race. It's way too easy to obsess about other people's lap times and not focus enough on your own lap and pace.
That's some good advice. I alway struggle with consistency (curse of a former hotlapper). So much so, that I alway end up making an error because of pressure from behind. Not a single race this season where I didn't make a mistake mid-race. I kinda have that Vettel-syndrome that leads to me bottling races because someone is less than a second behind me.

Happy for all the finishers who had a good race and a shame for those who got disconnected.

Misano next, let's see what's in store for us there.

Vanders

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 7, 2018
That's some good advice. I alway struggle with consistency (curse of a former hotlapper). So much so, that I alway end up making an error because of pressure from behind. Not a single race this season where I didn't make a mistake mid-race. I kinda have that Vettel-syndrome that leads to me bottling races because someone is less than a second behind me.

Happy for all the finishers who had a good race and a shame for those who got disconnected.

Misano next, let's see what's in store for us there.
Yeah, it just promotes a different mentality.

For example, as I was chasing Krop in the last 30 minutes, I just took the view that the best way to catch him was to make fewer mistakes. Our pace was similar at that point, so all I wanted was to make sure my bad laps were still pretty good.

On the flip side, if someone is catching you by 0.5 per lap, then either they're just naturally faster (which you can't do anything about) or they're pushing really hard. If it's the latter, they're more likely to make a mistake. The longer you stay ahead without making any, the more likely they will, and just one mistake is worth several laps of good pace.

Of course, all this "wisdom" will be for naught when I stuff it into a wall at Misano.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, that went a lot better than I expected.
Quallied about 14th I think, which is better than my normal 20ish, but the M6 is good on the straights, so it was more about the car, than me!
@Shooter had built a nice setup, and it drove exactly as I'd like it too on the practice race on Monday night, but Tuesday night, the track seamed a little less grippy.

Still, managed to avoid the worst of T1, with a little love tap to @SomeRandomTramp as he braked for the spin ahead of him, and he blocked my view of it, so had no time to avoid :( (Sorry) Think pit showed about 3.4 secs of damage to be repaired. But aero isn't a major thing at Monza, so didn't affect me too much.
Came out of the first lap in about P9, sweet!
Aim was just for a top 10, as i've had the worst season of my entire time in AOR to date so far...
gained from someone disconnecting ahead, and also, others getting in each others way.
And after the pits, i was in P4 :eek:
Was VERY slowly catching @JKay14 in P3, and had the race been about another 2 hours, I may have caught him, as it was probably averaging about 0.1s per lap.
We were more or less matching each other for 30 mins.
Closed to about 2 secs in the end, but that would be about 20 laps worth...
But super happy to bring a good result in finally.

Grats Podium!
Thanks @Shooter80 for the setup work!

Hope to see you at Mizano!

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
What started out as a disaster turned out to be a fun race after all. Took wrong setup into qualifying and just kept wondering why the car was too loose and could not get the power down. That dropped me over half a sec from my goal of 48.1 and dream of a 47. :unsure:

Was still optimistic for the race because I knew I had decent race pace and had just got the setup to work full 90 min instead of the 20 it did in practice races. Unfortunately the plans changed only few turns after the start with the chaos in front claiming me as collateral. Managed to avoid the crashes in 1st chicane and was almost got through the 2nd only to be rear-ended by a rejoining car. The hit spun me around but luckily didn't get too much damage and was able to rejoin 2nd to last.

After the start I just pulled myself back together and kept pushing to get into battles. Was able to pass few cars until we had an unfortunate collision in 1st chicane with @Thomas Hozé. At the time I was sure I left enough room but looking at the replay it was a bit tight. Sorry about that Thomas. :oops:

From that on I was several seconds behind a battling group of cars led by @FelixR1991 who made himself impossible to pass. Fair game and tough fighting. Eventually I got to the front of the group behind @FelixR1991 just as the pit window opened. Right away rushed to the pits to repair the damages taken on lap 1. After the stop I was 19th and it took me several laps to get the tires back to operating area. After stops were over with I was back to 13th behind @FelixR1991 the immovable object. :eek: At that stage it was time for my obligatory mistake as I slid wide in the 2nd chicane to the gravel and lost 6 seconds and few positions. :poop:

Still the gap in front wasn't too large so just kept pushing and chased down @Migzorn and later @ShaggyDan for some more fighting. I was clearly faster than the poor Aston but he fought valiantly and I didn't want to make any risky moves. Had some interesting moments at Ascari in dirty air.

In the end managed to pass Dan to take 9th. Not the position I was hoping for but a fun race and that's what counts! Thanks to all drivers for making it a fun race and congrats to our podium finishers @Julian Peiker, @Taha Malih and @JKay14 !

And thanks to everyone writing these race reports. These make it much more fun looking back at the races and seeing what happened to others. (y)