PC - ACC GT3 Season 2 - Pro - Round 8 - Silverstone - 10.12.19 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 2 - Pro - Round 8 - Silverstone - 10.12.19 @8PM UK Time

krop

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018

ROUND 8 - Silverstone

Event Information:
● Date: Tuesday 10-12-2019

● Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)

● Pre-Race Briefing: 7:55pm (UK time)

● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 90 minutes

Mandatory pit window:
Pitlane opens after 37.5 minutes (52.5 minutes left of race time)
Pitlane closes after 52.5 minutes (37.5 minutes left of race time)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Heavy Cloud + Random Weather

- Race start: Progressed from qualifying

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 5:00 Saturday
- Race start time: 6:00 Sunday (x2 time acceleration)

● Server settings:

{
"track": "silverstone_2019",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 120,
"postQualySeconds": 60,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 20,
"trackTemp": 20,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 2,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 6,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 5,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 6,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"timeMultiplier": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 90
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}

Manual Rolling Start Information: (remember, in game, the green flag will be waved, but we'll do the AOR formation lap)

● Formation Point:

At this point, the leader must decelerate to a speed of 50 mph/80 kph. P1 and the odd numbers line up on the RIGHT, P2 and the even numbers on the LEFT.

● Acceleration Zone:

In this zone, the leader is free to put the foot down whenever he wants. The leader must not go past the end of the zone without accelerating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JKay14

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
Just announcing now I'm highly doubtful for this race, sadly. Have a work function on Tuesday which means it's very tight for me to get back in time for the race.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Shooter80

SellerieMitDip

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2019
Goodness me, what a race!

First of all: Thank you to all the organizers for putting this awesome league in place. It was my first ever league to compete in and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also a massive thanks to the Paddock TV team for streaming a good amount of races on their YouTube channel. Awesome!

Now to the race. I didn't do much practice at all. In fact, I actually started working on the car about 2h before the race started. I knew Silverstone was a good track for me and as I was a bit exhausted so I didn't bother chasing laptimes too much. As the season progressed I found a awesome baseline setup for the Lambo to work from so even with a lot of practice missing I was still confident going into this race.

Qualifying went well. I was able to put my car on the front row of the grid. There was some more time in there for me that day but I guess P1 was a bit out of reach.

Then came the race. It has to be said that this was possibly the most tense, nerve-racking and insane race I've ever been in. And I didn't think I'd ever say that after Misano. The first stint was kinda lackluster though. A gap of about three seconds quickly formed between all drivers in the top 5 so we were quite lonely at the beginning. About 10-15 minutes before the pit window opened @dakuza managed to close up massively. The Aston is just too good on its tyres I guess :D

I could keep him behind me before the pits as he then tried to undercut me. To my surprise I found some good pace as he went into the pits setting three fastest laps. Then I pit as well, didn't stop in the exact spot. Had to be moved about 20 cm and lost a bit of time. So much time that I entered the track again directly behind @dakuza . Darn! The next lap @FelixR1991 joined the track in front of us even though he was about 7 seconds behind us before stopping. So I said to myself "Well, I can't let that happen now, falling from P2 to P4 only due to strategy".

What followed were the best 3 laps I've ever had racing people in Sim Racing ever. I managed to pass @dakuza pretty quickly through Stowe and the following chicane. Felix was a bit slower as he didn't change tyres (saw that in his twitch stream afterwards). Both @dakuza and me were all over him for two laps with only inches seperating the cars. Whoever wants to see what happened these laps just watch the Paddock TV stream above from 1:09:45 onwards. It was absolutely mental. Congrats to both of you for keeping it clean!

After that I settled down a bit and tried to prepare for my next defensive session as I anticipted my tyres to degrade a bit more that dakuzas (They did). What I wasn't anticipating was the small weather widget showing light rain arriving in 15 minutes. Oh god. Could this end in chaos (It did, watch the stream)? Light rain wasn't enough so it even switched to heavy rain with 10 minutes remaining. I had absolutely no clue what to do at that point. So I just tested the conditions and did some basic math in my head and came to the conclusion that I f I were to pit I'd be the one trying to make up all the ground again. As I didn't want to lose track position and felt that only 10 minutes of heavy rain wasn't worth putting wets on I decides to stay out. That proved to be the right choice as many people that did pit didn't manage to regain all the time lost in that short amount of time.

So we skated across the completely wet track on slicks in the last minutes. In chapel I made a big mistake though losing the rear ending up right next to dakuza approaching hangar straight. Sadly, I hit a puddle, lost the rear and slightly toughed him forcing both of us in a spin. With no damage to my car I tried to close the gap again but it was all a bit late. I somehow still gained 8 seconds in three laps to finish only 1.2 seconds behind @dakuza but I put myself in that position in the first place.

All in all, immense race, immense fun, immense tension and immense chaos! Thoroughly enjoyed that! Congrats to @dakuza for keeping it together and finishing in a impressive P2! Also congrats to @Elias for an absolute dominant race, you were unstoppable that day mate! And at last I have to again congratulate @Taha Malih for his out of this world dominant and consistent season. You absolutely deserve a spot in Elite Tier next time!

What a season it was. The best decision of my sim racing "career" joining this league. Got to know a bunch of people sharing the same passion and I'm extremely greatful for that. Happy to see you all on track again soon! Although, for once I need a break now.

See all of you in 2020 at the latest, wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! :D

Last edited:

V.Korus

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 29, 2019
Oh Silverstone... that was intense stuff.
I was going with pretty low expections into this race since the practice races didnt went well.
Qualifying was really good didnt expect P3 there. But alot of work is to do still there.
Race was.. weirdo. First i forgot to open my brakeduks again.. so braking was a challenge.

Racestart was very fine, with a very wild @dakuza in my back. And as we know all finns are flying.
I was slow like i pulled my handbrake on, cause of the almost closed brakeduks i had to brake always
so early.. pure nightmare. But @dakuza was like a roadrunner always in my italian booty.
So then the passka started and as a ferrari driver there is only one ultimate goal you need to archive.
A 360°. So i did, like monza but this time in beautiful. So after that i had instand of P-Zeros
some finest Brick-Zeros. Tires where like i can put them into some trash bin.
So i drove whit my rubik cube tires and closed brake duks what a great combination.
So @FelixR1991 could make easy time on me good. I knew he was still faster then me, alot faster.
But i dont gave up and could hold him a bit up, until he past me arround the outside. Nice Job!
Then also @Julian Peiker arrived and i was like ah **** i will lose another place but there the
Pitwindow opens and my brain was like: ininininininin. New tires feeled so good.
Time to push it was. Since there i was pretty lonely on the track like always.
Whit my new set of rubbaa i could make round per round time good against @FelixR1991.
So i was close behind him, but then this bambelboozed weather said nope, started to rain yeeeehh.
So i lost again like 2 seconds to him. Didnt came again near him but he decided to change to wets.
Back in P4 till the end. So i can be atleast a bit happy about this, could end much worser.

Congrats to our podiums!
@Elias What a pace you had amazing!
@dakuza Didnt expect you so strong whit the aston it really suits you!
@SellerieMitDip Good way to end the season whit two 3rd places in a row!

Im happy that its over now. This was my last race whit the 488.
Alot of Setup work is needed for this car to make it a bit suitable for me.
I was going whit low expections into this league a podium was my goal which i archived twice.
At the end i have no idea how i can be 4th overall since i "only" attend to 5 of 8 races.

A big thanks go to all coordinatiors who maked this possible.
Im enjoying this races here so much. Before this i only did public races
and so i lost after 3 months of acc the fun on it. But since im here thats what i ever wanted.
Fair and close racing whit rules, statistics what do we want more? Its a pleasure to be here.
Thanks for taking me as a reserve in mid season and giving me the chance to race!
So guys wake me up when S3 starts i will be there!

Now its time to find a new car and work on my consistensy.

So i say goodbye now S2 in ferrari style:
ezgif-6-e6ffa4f96b51.gif

And to all if we dont see us again on track:
A merry christmas and a great start into 2020!

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Thanks everyone for a fun season! A special thanks to the coordinations too. Hopefully season 3 won’t be too far away.

have a great Xmas and a happy new year!

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
Sounds like I missed a fun race. Just want to echo my thanks to all the organisers and I can't wait until season 3 and the upcoming endurance league as and when that happens.

LuckyW

Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2019
Fun race to finish my first season in an AOR league!
When I look back at what my goals before the season in terms of placement were, I could top my expectations for sure. I was pleased with my quali pace in most of the rounds. Nevertheless I think there is still a lot to learn for me when it comes to race routine, overtaking and generally making the right decisions, when I'm in close battles with someone. So basically I need to get more race experience, that I hope to get in Season 3 of course!

Short summary of Silverstone:
Some minor mistakes under breaking and acting too carefully, took me from P7 to P11 in the first minutes. After that I was back in focus again and could profit from spinning BMW's and other cars mistakes in front of me to recover on P8 again. Then I did my first very good pitstop this season, which helped me to undercut @eXcole in front. In the second half I had to defend from @krop most of the time. I realised he was driving on very different lines with the Porsche than I did. Probably I was far from the perfect lines though.
I had no good feelings when it started to rain, because my setup was not made for it (stiff springs, lowest ride height...). So I was very surprised how driveable it actually was. Very different, but somehow fun racing in the last 15 minutes. Finishing on P5 was good for me, since I messed up the start.

Big thanks goes to all of the organisers and coordinators, who are making this league happen! Same goes for the guys from Paddock TV. Thanks for the good quality streams, that made me enjoy watching all the action we had.

Hope to see you on the racetrack in the (near) future again!

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Wow what a way to end the season! Every second was 100% flat out pushing all I could out of the car!

TLDR: Great race, happy @dakuza and Champagne for all!

I knew the Aston was great at Silverstone and the car suits me a lot better than the Lexus ever did so I had high hopes for this one. Still a 1-2 for the team was not something I dared to even dream of! Amazing run from @Elias for a dominant victory just running away from the rest of us! (y)

Now for my day... Quali went according to plan, could have shaved few tenths off my time but still great result and 2nd row for the start. I was hoping for a rainy race because I knew I would be faster in the wet. For some reason my driving style seems to work well in the wet in most sims.

Race however started in dry conditions and I went for my full dry setup (and too low pressures). I was very surprised to realize that I was actually very nervous for the start, not being used to qualifying this high and having high hopes for the race does strange things. :) Start of the race was intense as @V.Korus described. I got a great start and almost went for a pass on lap 1 but decided to play it safe and bide my time. For a while it looked like my plan of playing it safe was not working as the front guys just started to slowly walk away from me but then my tires suddenly started to work and I started catching.

Soon I was glued to the back of @V.Korus and desperately looking for an opportunity to pass, but everywhere I looked he was defending and giving me no chances. Then he decided to impress us with his ice skating moves and did a nice 360 right in front of me. My heart almost bounced out of my chest when that happened and for a second I was sure I would hit him! Luckily we both escaped without damage although his tires were clearly gone and he dropped from my pace... Now the hunt was on to catch @SellerieMitDip !

First it looked like @SellerieMitDip was just too fast and would run away, but then my car slowly started to improve and I was constantly making personal bests and closing the gap. Just before the pit window I caught him and started looking for an opportunity. I felt like I was faster, but again there were no opportunities to make a move. The Lambo was like a rocket on the straights and I could barely keep up even in the draft. My high downforce setup and was clearly hurting my passing moves so when the pit window opened I instantly jumped for the undercut. Even considered not changing tires but ditched that idea mainly because it would be more fun fighting cars with new set of tires instead of trying to desperately keep the gap with old rubber. Pit stop went ok, I was a bit too careful entering the pits so lost perhaps a second there and in my mind I could already see the undercut plan falling apart. Still when I got out I just pushed all I could and just managed to squeeze ahead of @SellerieMitDip !

With fresh tiers he was clearly faster and was all over me on his out lap. I tried to survive until my tires would come alive later but that plan went out the window when we saw @Julian Peiker drop out of the pits right in front of us! I knew he must be still with his old tires so I would have to get past him soon if I was to keep any hope of 2nd place finish. Made some half hearted efforts which he easily defended until the inevitable happened and a window opened for @SellerieMitDip and he jumped past me after a failed passing move from me. About a lap later we got by @Julian Peiker in one corner when his tortured tires could hold up no more. Well fought but fresh tires were just too much of an advantage.

Again @SellerieMitDip started to increase the gap and I had to push all I could to keep up with him until the Aston again found its tires and we were again almost bumper to bumper fighting for position. Even with its newly found grip the Aston had not found any more horsepower so I didn't find any real passing opportunities even though I tried my best and even went for some foolish outside moves in hopes that it would scare him. He just kept his cool and I was half settling for third place when the rain suddenly started! I had not noticed the forecast because the widget is just outside of my view in VR so I was caught by surprise. Immediately my hopes went up and I started pushing harder and harder as the grip fell away. We went 2 wide few times and I just kept pushing in hopes of that tiny mistake that would allow me to slip past. When the mistake finally came I just jumped for it but tried to leave as much space as possible as I didn't know if he managed to keep the car on track or not. Unfortunately we made small contact that spun both of us. No big damage to either but I did gain a healthy lead for the last few laps. The last laps were just nerve-racking. I was unsure if the car had damage as it felt a bit off so I did not really dare to push it anymore. Barely managed to keep it together for a 2nd place finish!

What a race and what a way to end the season! Champagne to all!

Thanks to everyone in Pro tier this season! It was just exceptional how clean everyone raced and that just makes it so much fun for. Knowing that you can trust the other guy not to make a stupid move and take you out makes it possible to have great battles and that's what league racing is all about! Thanks to all the organizers and to the PaddockTV guys for making us all feel like we're in the big leagues now! :cool: Having the stream to watch in hopes of catching a glimpse of "that great move you made" just gives something extra for the season.

Can't wait for next season to start!

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well...
I'll cover the Silverstone race first

A rather mixed race for me. Had some great close racing with a bunch of guys in the mid pack. Probably some of the best close racing I've had all season to be honest.
But quite hard to pass someone when you are only a tiny bit faster than them.
Gained some places, and then dropped a few after a fair bit of sliding...
But pulled off my best overtake ever (or certainly in my top 5), going round the outside of @JKay14 @ Stowe - Which I was super happy to see was watched on the stream :D )

But it wasn't long after the pits that things started to go bad.
Nothing major, but car was very slippery at times, and ended up loosing a few places.
No down near the back of the grid, I decided to gamble when the rain came, and pitted for wets (after a bump with the wall anyway)
Car felt good on the wets, but came out behind @dakuza in P3.
Was a fair bit quicker, but didn't want to pass, as he was fighting for P2.
Several times I lined up the pass, but didn't want to risk things, so backed off again, and then spun out later on anyway...
So not a great race, but still had some of my 'best moments of the season' in it, so got to take something out of it.

As for the season on the whole?
Well, probably my worst ever season since joining AOR.
Missed a few races (away for Birthday) etc. And just had rather bad races.
The one race that was looking really good, was Spa, on for a P3, or maybe even better), but the wifey was crying in pain, so had to go and see to that.
And that probably sums up my whole season.
Huge shoutout to my team-mate @Shooter80 for building some great setups which made a big difference to my laptimes. Giving me a car that had decent potential, but for some reason, I've not managed to convert these into good results.

Regardless of the finishing positions, It's still been a really fun season.
Thanks to all the other @Assetto Corsa Coordinator that helped make S2 happen!
And for everyone else that took part!

Will see if we can arrange some fun / endurance races after new year!

Have a great Christmas and New Year!

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Silverstone was a bit of a rollercoaster. Car felt terrible at the start of Q, increased the rear wing, the rear ride height and lowered the preload by 20 and somehow stuck it on 6th. Things were going well at that point, but was downhill from there.

For some inexplicable reason, I copied these setup changes to my race setup on the grid, despite having no idea how the car felt like that with fuel on board and/or worn tyres. It probably wasn't too bad, but the car tried to kill me in the first corners of the race, which it never usually does, and this just put me on edge, which caused me think too much about my driving, which made me messy and slow, which made me think about my driving....

I should know better by now that I really need to feel I can trust the car in the race to be able to drive properly, maybe it'll stick after this. But I had some fun along the way, one upside of a good Q and bad R pace is that you get to have some fun battles along the way while the faster cars are getting past you, the highlight had to be @FelixR1991 somehow fitting up my inside into vale, and and making a clean pass, even though I thought I was covering it :oops:

The wetness at the end certainly made things interesting. Wasn't sure I'd keep it out the wall with 21PSI slicks in the last laps, but somehow I held on and kept ahead of the cars who pitted to change.

The season as a whole was really good, driving standards, racing standards, and overall atmosphere and behaviour is easily up there with the best league racing seasons I've had in AOR and my questionable pace aside at some events, and some regrets about some setup choices didn't stop me from having a great time, and I'm really looking forward to next season.

Congratulations to @Taha Malih for a crushing championship victory, @Elias for an incredibly consistent run to the runner up position, and to @LuckyW for a certainly well fought third overall. Thanks to everyone at AOR to helped organise everything (many did a lot more than I did behind the scenes), of course to everyone for taking part. There really is zero value in a race without other cars on the track, and its everyone who was in Tier 2 combined that made it as awesome as it was.

There will be a feedback thread posted at some point soon, please do feel free to give your feedback, good or bad. I very much hope to see a lot of you on track in some social races in the near future, and hopefully everyone for Season 3 when it starts.