PS4 ACC GT3 Season 2 - Tier 1 - Race 6 - Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit [23/02/2021 7:30pm UK]

Benji McCluskey

3 times AOR PS4 GT3 champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Hzp3fTL.png

Event Information
Date: 23/02/2021
Practice session starts: 6:30pm UK time, not mandatory
Event starts: 7:30pm (UK time) / Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #1 | AOR GT3 Season 2 - Tier 1

Weather Conditions

• 100% dry
  • 0% rain
  • 0% changing weather conditions - both dry and rain in a session
Race info
  • Race length: 60 minutes
  • Qualifying length: 15 minutes (starts at 7:30pm UK)
  • One mandatory pit-stop
  • Mandatory tire change
  • No refueling
  • No pit-window
In-game time-of-day information
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 2 - 23:00
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 22:00
Detailed Weather and Server settings

Qualifying
  • Do not back up the last corner to start your hot lap, maintain a reasonable pace
  • Do not impede those on a hot lap indicated grey on the mini map, safely let them through when needed
  • If you reset to the pits watch your pit exit and do not impede on your outlap.
  • The maximum speed in the pit-lane is 50kph/31mph - do not intentionally drive faster
Race
  • Turn 1 in general is dangerous. Especially on lap 1 be very careful. Give enough space in the braking zone, remember different cars/drivers brake at different points
  • It’s a 60 minutes race, do not be over aggressive early, let the race and opportunities develop
  • Lap 1 incidents are punished harsher
  • Drivers exiting the pits have the right of way, you must allow them to join the track.
  • Make sure to read the rules, especially regarding Yellow and Blue flags. Stewards can take action if rules are not followed.

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Lokka09

AOR PS ACC GT4 S1 Tier 1 Champion
I may be back home for a couple of days. I'll let you know If can attend the day before, if there is a free spot obviously.

kevlar-hybrid

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Man, I am DRAGGING my butt around this track! mid 42s with a random sprinkle of lift off oversteer on that long slightly off camber right (T5?)

Jarryd Vermeulen

2 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
We wish! LOL!

Lucked in a 42.1 last night and then you drop the first high 41 I've seen. Awesome pace. How much more do you think there is in the lap for you?
I think with more laps and setup work. 3tenths. That would really make me happy. Havent done a qualifying run yet. But I also have issues at T5 with my rear coming round. Think more downforce will solve that issue

Last edited:

kevlar-hybrid

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Q9:

Finally a representative qualifying performance! Really happy with this one, didn't get stiff and try to hard, just let it flow and got within 0.1 of my quickest in practice, very pleased. Huge shout out to @michaeljc53 though, that's a good lap in the 488 imo!

R11:

Awesome start, super exciting and really fair racing! Three wide down the straight and then @Will Friedmann getting it DONE up the inside! Great stuff!
Generally held it together well, managed the tyres better than those around me I felt, but then - OF COURSE - threw it all away with a crappy pitstop. Just how do you do it with the cars blocking your mark. It's a skill I just don;t have. Wated, dunno, 20 seconds in there. Such a shame.
Great battle at the end with @HTR_Kokete_712, honestly I think i had the tyres for it, but I made silly mistakes and couldn't make it happen. At one point we touched in the final turn and I think he let me past - which was way too nice, I called it "slight contact - racing incident" but he seems like a real fair guy. respect!

Live stream below, not exciting as such, but if you want to see your stuff from my perspective, have at it!

Jarryd Vermeulen

2 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Race report. Glad I could do one this week :p

Qualifying P1. Was pleased to grab the pole. Vest place to start.

Race P2. Was a real struggle out there for me tonight. Could not be consistent and made way to many mistakes. Was not my best night. @Lokka09 was the better driver tonight and drove a great race. Congrats dude. But for the bigger picture I did what I needed and Increased my lead in the championship to 40 points. Good night overall. Onto the next one.

@Bodhie grabbed some Important points for the team championship and now we head onto his home race. We can claim the championship if we finish well.

Thank you to everyone who raced and see you next week.

KungJarnix

AOR PS4 ACC S1 Tier 6 Champion
Q:12
P:16
I did not manage to put in the time to prepare for this one. And man it showed. After the qualy and seeing what competitive times were I fell into my usual trap. Instead of accepting what I had, I made some radical changes just before start to see if I could get more out of the car. It was detrimental for my trust in the car in the first couple of laps and also made me spin with a 10sec damage as a result when I hit a curb that the new setup change did not like. The nothing to lose attityd was costfull and the pace was not really improved compared with the setup I had before. Sometimes it works out but not in this one.

I made another spin later in the race also due to not recognising the cars gripplevel. Luckily no damage on the later one. When it was 10 min left I saw that I did not have fuel to last the whole race. I panicked and pitted but could not refuel so my option was to go on engine map 12 tha last 3 laps and wait for Lokka to pass the finish line so I at least could finish the race.

Great pace and racing for the rest of you.

Congrats to @Lokka09 and @Jarryd Vermeulen . Another level once againg!

Octane-06

Semi-Pro Karter
Q: P6
Not a great lap, could have been 2 or 3 places up but the race pace was not the best so no big deal.

R: P9
The first 15min were ok managed to keep the P6 but then I just started to make tiny mistakes here and there and lost the contact with F1GazzaW, before the pits I spun on turn 4 which made me drop to P9 after the pit stops.
Then again, a lot of mistakes and only got into the rhythm with 20min remaining, tried my best to get P8 from Tinus but I ran out of laps, intense final push from both!

Congrats to the podium!

McGrady-I

Formula 4 Test Driver
Q: P4
Happy with the lap, Imola was good as well, it took a while, but finally I'm seeing improvement :D

R: P4
Awesome race, after false start in Hungary cause I tried to set up my tire pressures and Imola where the Porsche was just undriveable in the wet this one was so much fun!
Could match my "mentor's" and teammate's laptimes most of the race and finished within a second. First race without a spin or damage as well. Need to pick up speed faster in the first laps of stints but other than that pace and consistency were great. Really enjoyed that one, now looking forward to the next ones, as the races before were really demotivating. Well done P1 and P2 as well, haven't seen you since lap 4 or so, must have been really quick all race long ;)

Benji McCluskey

3 times AOR PS4 GT3 champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Late Race Report

Q: P3

Felt like a decent lap, doubt there was much more time left on the table.

R: P3
I had an ok start and was trying to hold onto the Bentley's, but hit the sausage kerb before the last corner like a noob and that was the last I seen of them. The car became really understeery in the first stint. After the pitstops my teammate @McGrady-I and I were tied together, managing to consistently match the same laptime every lap. We came across the line together to get P3 and P4, best of the rest and feeling like Red Bull, finishing behind the two Mercedes F1 cars lol.

I'm really proud of @McGrady-I, he's been driving really well with great pace the past few races, and now starting to get the results he deserves.

I don't think I've ever been so excited and relieved to get 3rd, this season has been tough in the Porsche. However, I think this might be the last time I get the opportunity to fight for the podium this season, as mixed conditions at Zandvoort, and the high speed Spa will not favour us.

Below is my livestream

michaeljc53

Formula Karter
Q9:

Finally a representative qualifying performance! Really happy with this one, didn't get stiff and try to hard, just let it flow and got within 0.1 of my quickest in practice, very pleased. Huge shout out to @michaeljc53 though, that's a good lap in the 488 imo!
Thanks mate, did one of my best laps ever in practice just before quali though! Shame I messed up the race, had to DNF after hitting the sausage in the second stint :cry: