PS4 ACC GT3 Season 2 - Tier 4 - Race 1 - Monza [12/01/2021 7:30pm UK]

Flabbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Really sorry about the start guys, know I've ruined ur season starts, I thought the door was open, bit I am apologize now. Just watched replay and feel well bad. Feel free to get stewerds inquiry if deem it necessary as I own up. I do think I could've been maybe been left some space but still I messed up so sorry everyone involved
How did you only end up with light damage after that? Haha no worries mate onto the next one

silverfox

AOR PS ACC GT4 S1 Tier 3 Champion
Premium Member
Apologies to Frank. I was trying to be very cautious keeping to outside first chicane. Went over kerb 2nd part of chicane at very slow speed, just looking for somewhere to go felt a lot was going on outsicde me. Kerb threw me to outside. During race thought I had been hit but watched replay and I wasn't. Sorry to anyone caught up in it.

PRG_FrankForest

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Apologies to Frank. I was trying to be very cautious keeping to outside first chicane. Went over kerb 2nd part of chicane at very slow speed, just looking for somewhere to go felt a lot was going on outsicde me. Kerb threw me to outside. During race thought I had been hit but watched replay and I wasn't. Sorry to anyone caught up in it.
No worries @silverfox, those are big kerbs. We had a good battle for some laps later on, hope i kept you on your toes.

silverfox

Premium Member
Had disconnect just after halfway and rejoined. In my panic to rejoin session quickly didn't realise that my setup wasn't changed from default safe preset so ended up with 62L of fuel and could have raced all night, plenty to spare. Didn't realise for a couple of laps what was going on kept overshooting corners and then I checked TC etc and they were all at 6. Suprisingly when they were all turned down got laps down to 49s and 50s on safe setup and tyres at 26 all round and quite heavy fuel.

silverfox

Premium Member
Certainly did and good result for you Frank. Congratulations to Podium sounded great race for 1st and 2nd. Well done to my practice mate Lsd and my old team mate Phoenix who fought there way through the field. Bad luck to idrasnop another old compadre who was having good race until hit.

silverfox

Premium Member
Think one problem in this race with so many having to pit after 1st lap cars were a lap down but very quick. They rightly felt they were as quick as drivers a lap ahead but at the same time when you are ahead you don't really want to give up time letting a car unlap and you also worry about how quick they will be during the race on long tyre stint. It's all so tight on times at Monza even a small mistake costs a lot. I was being fairly cautious because I wasn't going to catch car in front and was in podium position at time and 4th was a little bit behind and didn't want to hand place by having a spin.
So it was hard to know what to do. Think Angry Pidgeon would have got me anyway mind you.

FLYSKYDHK

Formula 4 Test Driver
Certainly did and good result for you Frank. Congratulations to Podium sounded great race for 1st and 2nd. Well done to my practice mate Lsd and my old team mate Phoenix who fought there way through the field. Bad luck to idrasnop another old compadre who was having good race until hit.
That was me unfortunately. @iDrasnop really sorry for ending your race. My tyre touched grass on braking and I lost ctrl failing to avoid you. It was totally my bad. Hopefully I will be better next race. Welcome to stewards enquiry to penalise my mistake. Truly sorry cheers

PRG_FrankForest

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
See we're all up early anyway this sim racing is bad for sleep patterns lol
I'm on a weeks course for my new job, staying in Birmingham for the week and traveled home yesterday, up early to travel back and get my free breakfast they put on......lol.

PRG_FrankForest

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
I'm getting packed for Japan don't want any jet lag next week. Think Berno,Turborat,Kiel, Archie and myself getting private jet.
O great.....thanks for asking....don't worrie, ill get the slow boat to China. Wait? How do I get from China to Japan

iDrasnop

Pro Karter
That was me unfortunately. @iDrasnop really sorry for ending your race. My tyre touched grass on braking and I lost ctrl failing to avoid you. It was totally my bad. Hopefully I will be better next race. Welcome to stewards enquiry to penalise my mistake. Truly sorry cheers
thanks for the feedback;) now I understand better.
No need to bring in the stewards if it's not on purpose :p it's not my type, it's a race event, it happens.
Focus on Japan now.
I hope this race was able to give everyone an experience that it is an hour of racing.
a big complicated piece is coming up at Badhurst soon and it can be a real carnage if we are too aggressive from the start.
once again no problem it's a fact of racing thank you for your explanation.

PhoenixNightrain

GP2 Test Driver
Damn! Q: 18th or 17th? Really!? Never have I qualified so far back.

R: 5th. The story was avoiding inevitable crashes on Monza and managing my flickering gas pedal. I was very lucky not to overshoot a couple of corners and crashing because even though I was full on the brakes and off the gas the gas-input wouldn't stop. Was completely uncompetitive for my liking.

Nevertheless enjoyed a good battle in the beginning with @Nezoxrussia into the first chicane. I managed to stand my ground with good car positioning for about three laps. Also really felt for ya, when you were just cruising and giving up places in the end of the race, trying to make it to the finish with what was left in your tank. Then @Hemo444ever caught up to me and had to give it my all to resist his pressure until he did eventually upset his Porsche too much out of Ascari. Sorry you spun, but honestly when it happened I felt a bit of relief. Went on with a good pitstop and came out 7th. Picked up another place when former Audi-mate @silverfox lost connection, really feel for ya, man! :cry: Even had a peek how it feels to be sitting in 4th when @PRG_FrankForest almost binned it in Ascari. But then again I couldn't get my brake points right due to formerly mentioned problem and wasn't competitive coming through and out of the Lesmo curves. @pete day kept catching up to me and I was glad the race was over after 60'. Looked at results after the race and wow @Meester_Bond_WHG and @Luche109 to finish so closely together. Congrats to everybody on the podium and everybody who managed to keep it clean. Really felt for good running mates @BernoR_21, @turborat who must have gotten caught up in big mess-ups to loose so much time and places. Also saw my teammate @iDrasnop, who I think is one of the hardest drivers to pass... thus I assume the driver following him must have been in despair to try braking on the grass, was taken out about a third into the race. Was sure otherwise he would have finished on the podium if he would have kept it clean. Ok, that's a bit too much if and buts. I'm sure success will come to us, mate!

Hoping for new pedals to arrive for next round.

silverfox

Premium Member
O great.....thanks for asking....don't worrie, ill get the slow boat to China. Wait? How do I get from China to Japan
Frank even my teammate from last year Phoenix and my Practice buddies Lsd and Chris aren't invited. Apparently as new member in these teams, it's a bit like Redbulll and Toro Rosso, I'm lucky to get on the plane myself.

turborat

AOR PS ACC GT4 S1 Tier 2 Champion
Premium Member
thanks for the feedback;) now I understand better.
No need to bring in the stewards if it's not on purpose :p it's not my type, it's a race event, it happens.
Focus on Japan now.
I hope this race was able to give everyone an experience that it is an hour of racing.
a big complicated piece is coming up at Badhurst soon and it can be a real carnage if we are too aggressive from the start.
once again no problem it's a fact of racing thank you for your explanation.

Hey @iDrasnop I just want to say I really like the way you think about incidents. In the previous GT3 league it was so good when people involved in incidents discussed it like adults after the race and sorted it out respectfully. (y)

ScottyMac

Formula Karter
Race review :

First half of the race went well for me.

I took it very steady off the line and managed to avoid any contact at the first chicane. Everywhere I looked I seemed to be surrounded by Ferraris! A coming together in front of me bunched people up and I somehow came through, gaining a position in the process and found myself alongside @silverfox. I was beside him as we approached the second chicane but with cold tyres and brakes, and not quite being fully alongside, I thought better of it and backed off. Someone else seemed to have an issue there and was slow out so, that was another position gained.

Ascari was where the next excitement occurred... watching it back, someone called Kolesnik_A (not sure who that is on forum) had a moment which backed up @silverfox massively - at the time I didn't know what had happened, all I knew was to avoid hitting the back of @silverfox I had to go wide onto the dirt on the outside. I've been on that part of the track a couple of times in practice and it never ended well so it was squeaky bum time but, thankfully I could keep going.

I then found myself in 3rd behind my team mate @Meester_Bond_WHG whom I managed to catch quite quickly because unfortunate timing saw him held up by @FLYSKYDHK coming out of the pits (no accusations... just bad circumstance ;-) ). @FLYSKYDHK made a point of stepping out of the way as soon as possible so I could get through before the second chicane. I got a good run on @Meester_Bond_WHG coming out of the last corner and a hefty tow down to the first chicane where I was able to pass on the brakes.

Now I set about chasing down @Luche109 who already had nearly a 4 second lead. After seeing his qualifying performance, I didn't think I had much hope but I got my head down and tried to put in steady fast laps. @Meester_Bond_WHG was always present in my mirrors waiting to pounce on a mistake. It took me until lap 10 to get close as we had to get past a back marker - this time @Flabbs who, once again, stepped right out of the way as soon as possible, so no time lost for me. At the start of lap 12 I got close to @Luche109 in the first chicane as he overshot his braking marker fractionally but the traction of that Lambo saw him stomp away on the exit. He had a tiny wobble coming out of Ascari next time round which got me closer to him in the last corner and I got a good tow down into the first chicane again where I thought I'd try and get past him on the brakes. I got alongside on the inside of the first part which put me on the outside coming out. We gave each other plenty of room but again, the traction of that Lambo was too much for my slipping Bentley and he was away again. As we approached the next chicane (I really should learn the proper names) I had a bit of momentum to spare but it wasn't enough to get me alongside so I backed off again. We were fairly close for the next couple of laps but I think I was focussing too much on what he was doing, trying to figure out where I could have a go, and I started making stupid mistakes, running wide and missing braking points, to the point where @Meester_Bond_WHG showed me his nose and was pressuring. I almost came into the pits at the end of lap 14 but at the last minute I decided to do another lap. This was a mistake!

Next time through Ascari, I found myself running wide at the middle part and aiming at the inside kerb on the last part... I hit it square on and the car flew into the air.

I've seen someone post on the PSN chat about a Bentley that didn't hit their brake when crashing and if it was me being talked about, it was a deliberate decision - As I landed, I found myself right on the outside of the track where all the cars end up at full speed... I saw the car behind car entering Ascari and knew it would be aiming at the side of my car very soon so, since I had backwards momentum, I allowed it to roll to the inside of the track out of the way (even allowing my car to smack the barrier and risking further damage). This seemed to work perfectly since @Hemo444ever shot past, still on the racing line.

Luckily I wasn't too far from the pits and was due a stop anyway. Unfortunately the pit stop was a nightmare... What kind of pit crew stands and stares at you when you arrive in the pit box about 2 inches too far!?? Had to restart the engine, put it in reverse, back up what I thought was enough, stop the engine. Still no movement from crew. Restart the engine, put it in reverse, back up again, stop the engine. Anything? ..yes! they are willing to now touch the car, although I think I had to still be pushed a bit forward before they started. Then of course I had damage to repair so it wasn't a short stop. Frustrating. I came into the pits in 2nd place and left in 13th. Ah well, we'll see what we can do from here.

It turns out the pace in the mid pack is pretty damn good and it's not so easy to catch and make up positions even running low 49s and a couple of 48s. I lucked one position on lap 18 when @BernoR_21 had a moment at Ascari. @Hemo444ever had an off on lap 22 which got me close to @Milusan whom I'd been chasing for a few laps. I passed into Ascari - I was a long way back and sat offline so he could see me ready to have a go but I wasn't sure if anything was on... he stayed right so there was room on the inside and I was expecting him to sit beside me but I think he realised I had way more pace and went easy on me.

From there until the end of the race I attempted to catch LSD (@pete day). For a few laps I was catching at nearly a second a lap (again dipping into 1'48s) but then my fuel load came down and the car was really badly understeering. I tried to adjust my driving to compensate but a series of tiny errors was stripping my pace. @pete day didn't seem to be making any mistakes so it was a lost cause.

Congrats to podium finishers, in particular my team mate @Meester_Bond_WHG who carried on the fight with @Luche109 after I screwed up.

Conclusions:

Good start, happy with my pace, annoyed with my mistake, impressed with driving standards in general, ACC is much better than PC2, text chat during race is really distracting.

Really enjoyed the first race. Roll on Suzuka.

Race replay :