PS4 ACC GT3 Season 2 - Tier 4 - Race 6 - Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit [23/02/2021 7:30pm

AnAngryPidgeon

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
8th place after being dead last after 10 minutes seems like an absolute result for me! Got collected by a spinning @Flabbs on lap 4 or 5 which gave me 15 seconds of damage. Decided to come in early and run a 52 minute second stint and see where I ended up, which got me some good clean air running. Ended up in a battle with @silverfox from about 25 minutes to go, right until the end which was great fun. Managed to sneak by him and was clinging on for dear life to keep him behind probably the cleanest racing I’ve had on ACC for a while so thank you for that.

See you all next week guys!

silverfox

AOR PS ACC GT4 S1 Tier 3 Champion
Premium Member
8th place after being dead last after 10 minutes seems like an absolute result for me! Got collected by a spinning @Flabbs on lap 4 or 5 which gave me 15 seconds of damage. Decided to come in early and run a 52 minute second stint and see where I ended up, which got me some good clean air running. Ended up in a battle with @silverfox from about 25 minutes to go, right until the end which was great fun. Managed to sneak by him and was clinging on for dear life to keep him behind probably the cleanest racing I’ve had on ACC for a while so thank you for that.

See you all next week guys!
Really enjoyed it AnAngryPidgeon. Would have enjoyed it more if I could have got past lol. Great racing shame about 1st lap. Uploading video you can see it from my view. Especially the sausage kerb!

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Q.9th
Couldn't get a lap in early on. Trying too hard probably. Eventually managed a 43'1 but was shocked when it only got me mid-field.

R.3rd
Lost a couple of places during the Turn 1 melee. A couple of guys had spins and ran wide further round the lap which luckily got me back up to 8th. Decided to settle in for a few laps and let the adrenaline subside before trying to mount a charge. I had @monkeymeg44 (Madmaxtaylor44) in front of me and we were line astern for a couple of laps with nothing between us. On lap 3, at the top of the hill, I'd dropped back a little. I braked at the normal point but underestimated how early Monkeymeg would brake leaving me nowhere to go. We had minor contact but with monkeymeg already going left my front caught his rear end and spun him round. Sincere apologies bud - the whole thing took me totally by surprise. Was gutted for you.

Got my head down and put in a few decent laps. @BernoR_21 and @Milusan were having an almighty battle in front of me allowing me to slowly close the gap. By the end of lap 10 we were line-astern but just couldn't find a way through. Fantastic defensive driving by BernoR led me to pit a little early, and the end of lap 13, to try the undercut. At the end of lap 19 battle resumed. Berno was still in front, now with 3 second lead, but milusan was a couple of seconds behind me. For the next six laps the gaps closed up until we were all just a second apart. But then, coming down the hill, I missed my braking point and Milusan took his chance to move into 4th. Milusan and Berno again resumed battle with Berno again managing to stay in front. Again it allowed me to catch up, and a few laps later, with just 5 minutes left we were on each others bumpers again. Then out of nowhere we caught @PhoenixNightrain (what happened bud? You had a huge lead on us). As we all jostled to get round the hairpin at the top of the hill Berno and Milusan almost touched and I managed to sneak past Milusan and then Phoenix to move into 3rd. The next three laps were the most nerve wracking laps I think I've ever been involved in as we all ran within tenths of each other around almost every corner. Again Berni's defense was amazing and I just couldn't get past, while the whole time Milusan was all over me trying to do the same. Eventually the clocked ticked down and with massive relief found I'd held on to third.

Thanks to both Berno and Milusan for probably the best race I've ever had the honour to be involved in. Massive well done Berno in particular for holding us both off for pretty much the entire race.

Congrats also to @Luche109 of course for his victory. You were just too good today bud. And apologies again to monkeymeg for the tap early on.

Here's my vid if you want to watch the battle:

AnAngryPidgeon

Formula 4 Reserve Driver

Really enjoyed the race and no disconnects. Great fun dice with AnAngryPidgeon. Congrats to podium, nice to get your first win Luchi well done Berno in second. Haven't seen who was third but well done! Very unlucky Phoenix. Great quali TurboRat unlucky in race.
Sausage kerb gods definitely smiled upon me today!

John_G

Formula 4 1st Driver
Qualified 6th - scraped into 42's by one thousandth!! First lap clean but second lap missed my braking a bit and ended up with a silly move up the inside of the slow right down the hill which span me out and also had me collect @iDrasnop due to an error in judgement, sorry for that.
Dropped me down to 16.
Then an incident up the hill side by side put me in the wall but not a biggie and @iDrasnop apologised straight away (y)
Stayed out until half way though as had ok pace despite 18s damage (which I didn't fix).
Came out with @turborat right on my rear bumper and defending with cold tyres but just managed to keep him off and pull a gap. Some scruffy laps he caught up to under a second but I managed to drive clean again and keep him behind for 7th.
Then @PhoenixNightrain bad luck on last lap gave me 6th place back.
Could have gone better, but could have gone worse too!

My race highlights

monkeymeg44

Formula 3 1st Driver
Q.9th
Couldn't get a lap in early on. Trying too hard probably. Eventually managed a 43'1 but was shocked when it only got me mid-field.

R.3rd
Lost a couple of places during the Turn 1 melee. A couple of guys had spins and ran wide further round the lap which luckily got me back up to 8th. Decided to settle in for a few laps and let the adrenaline subside before trying to mount a charge. I had @monkeymeg44 (Madmaxtaylor44) in front of me and we were line astern for a couple of laps with nothing between us. On lap 3, at the top of the hill, I'd dropped back a little. I braked at the normal point but underestimated how early Monkeymeg would brake leaving me nowhere to go. We had minor contact but with monkeymeg already going left my front caught his rear end and spun him round. Sincere apologies bud - the whole thing took me totally by surprise. Was gutted for you.

Got my head down and put in a few decent laps. @BernoR_21 and @Milusan were having an almighty battle in front of me allowing me to slowly close the gap. By the end of lap 10 we were line-astern but just couldn't find a way through. Fantastic defensive driving by BernoR led me to pit a little early, and the end of lap 13, to try the undercut. At the end of lap 19 battle resumed. Berno was still in front, now with 3 second lead, but milusan was a couple of seconds behind me. For the next six laps the gaps closed up until we were all just a second apart. But then, coming down the hill, I missed my braking point and Milusan took his chance to move into 4th. Milusan and Berno again resumed battle with Berno again managing to stay in front. Again it allowed me to catch up, and a few laps later, with just 5 minutes left we were on each others bumpers again. Then out of nowhere we caught @PhoenixNightrain (what happened bud? You had a huge lead on us). As we all jostled to get round the hairpin at the top of the hill Berno and Milusan almost touched and I managed to sneak past Milusan and then Phoenix to move into 3rd. The next three laps were the most nerve wracking laps I think I've ever been involved in as we all ran within tenths of each other around almost every corner. Again Berni's defense was amazing and I just couldn't get past, while the whole time Milusan was all over me trying to do the same. Eventually the clocked ticked down and with massive relief found I'd held on to third.

Thanks to both Berno and Milusan for probably the best race I've ever had the honour to be involved in. Massive well done Berno in particular for holding us both off for pretty much the entire race.

Congrats also to @Luche109 of course for his victory. You were just too good today bud. And apologies again to monkeymeg for the tap early on.

Here's my vid if you want to watch the battle:

Reply i broke early as i was following a car and was cautious as i wasnt to know were he would brake as it was so earlx in the race. I take a few laps to suss were im faster and were he brakes

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Reply i broke early as i was following a car and was cautious as i wasnt to know were he would brake as it was so earlx in the race. I take a few laps to suss were im faster and were he brakes
Ah ok, I thought as much. I usually do the same but with the gap you had there seemed no reason to brake early, and coming over the top of the hill at night there was no way to see what was happening. Glad you got a decent result out of it in the end (y) .

silverfox

Premium Member
Qualified 6th - scraped into 42's by one thousandth!! First lap clean but second lap missed my braking a bit and ended up with a silly move up the inside of the slow right down the hill which span me out and also had me collect @iDrasnop due to an error in judgement, sorry for that.
Dropped me down to 16.
Then an incident up the hill side by side put me in the wall but not a biggie and @iDrasnop apologised straight away (y)
Stayed out until half way though as had ok pace despite 18s damage (which I didn't fix).
Came out with @turborat right on my rear bumper and defending with cold tyres but just managed to keep him off and pull a gap. Some scruffy laps he caught up to under a second but I managed to drive clean again and keep him behind for 7th.
Then @PhoenixNightrain bad luck on last lap gave me 6th place back.
Could have gone better, but could have gone worse too!

My race highlights
Great video John G . You did well to get back up to 6th. Must remember to save highlights more interesting than 1hr long video from cockpit. Though a couple of times I've done that and got kicked from game. There's 3 options save replay / add highlight/ or save highlights. Which do you use?

silverfox

Premium Member
Kyalami was a great track. Seemed to be a lot of very tight battles. A lot of tricky off chamber corners and that bl...y sausage kerb. Great battle at the front. A lot of good driving. Very unlucky for Phoenix running out of fuel and Lsd in pits when car wouldn't jack up. TurboRat was very quick but a few unfortunate moments cost him. Luche will be made up for days now, his first win :D
Have had a couple of exciting races the last two. Following Chizubaga at Imola and AngryPidgeon at Kyalami. There butts must be sore hiting kerbs. The thing I've appreciated is close racing without or only slight contacts with AngryPidgeon,Ayersil, Chizubaga iDrasnop. Again it's nice to be involved in good Tier.

John_G

Formula 4 1st Driver
Great video John G . You did well to get back up to 6th. Must remember to save highlights more interesting than 1hr long video from cockpit. Though a couple of times I've done that and got kicked from game. There's 3 options save replay / add highlight/ or save highlights. Which do you use?
I was a bit nervous last week of saving replays as I heard similar about crashing but I've never seen it myself and figured down in 16th place not much to lose!

I have save replay mapped to a button. It basically just saves the last 2 laps / 3½-4 mins. It does stutter for a split second (nowhere near as bad as when a car joins the server) so I tend to do it on a straight.
You get 11 slots for replays, so I regularly clear them, it should overwrite but just in case

PhoenixNightrain

GP2 Test Driver
Q: 4th, good result but blew my fastest lap

R: Had a very good start and managed to gain two places from the start to T1. I won‘t accept that this was mainly due to a lighter car...

Managed to pull a good gap to @BernoR_21 after he initially was on my tails. Unfortunately couldn‘t quite follow @Luche109 ‘s pace, on track. Tried an undercut and came within a second of his rear. Then he stepped on it again and i had a bad feeling creeping up my mind when i looked at dropping fuel-level and remaining thime. Ooooh nooo! I had a blackout when i fueled my car. Had enough for a 55min race, so had to start saving early. Wasn‘t early enough, as i came to a standstill on the uphill-finish-straight with fireworks and smokes in sight. I was fuming, too! At my mistake. At least i got classified. Am now very pessimistic about finishing another one on podium. Shame! Let‘s see.

congrats all to mastering the dark, African night in Kyalami. And especially to the podium guys!

And sorry for being a rolling obstacle for the last laps... and a standing one in the end.

Milusan

Semi-Pro Karter
Q.9th

R.3rd

Ho abbassato la testa e ho fatto alcuni giri decenti. [USER = 44333] @ BernoR_21 [/ USER] e [USER = 49076] @Milusan [/ USER] stavano affrontando una battaglia onnipotente davanti a me permettendomi di colmare lentamente il divario. Alla fine del decimo giro eravamo in linea di poppa, ma non riuscivamo a trovare una via d'uscita. La fantastica guida difensiva di BernoR mi ha portato a rientrare ai box un po 'prima, e alla fine del 13 ° giro, a provare l'undercut. Alla fine del 19 ° giro la battaglia è ripresa. Berno era ancora davanti, ora con 3 secondi di vantaggio, ma milusan era un paio di secondi dietro di me. Per i sei giri successivi le distanze si sono ridotte fino a quando non siamo rimasti tutti a solo un secondo di distanza. Ma poi, scendendo dalla collina, ho mancato il punto di frenata e Milusan ha colto l'occasione per passare al 4 ° posto. Milusan e Berno hanno ripreso nuovamente la battaglia con Berno riuscendo nuovamente a rimanere davanti. Ancora una volta mi ha permesso di recuperare il ritardo e, pochi giri dopo, con soli 5 minuti rimasti eravamo di nuovo sugli altri paraurti. Poi dal nulla abbiamo catturato [USER = 36828] @PhoenixNightrain [/ USER] (cosa è successo amico? Avevi un enorme vantaggio su di noi). Mentre ci spintonavamo tutti per aggirare il tornante in cima alla collina, Berno e Milusan si sono quasi toccati e sono riuscito a sgattaiolare oltre Milusan e poi Phoenix per portarmi al 3 ° posto. I tre giri successivi sono stati i giri più snervanti in cui penso di essere mai stato coinvolto, dato che correvamo tutti a decimi l'uno dall'altro dietro quasi ogni curva. Anche in questo caso la difesa di Berni è stata incredibile e non sono riuscito a superarlo, mentre Milusan mi è stato addosso per tutto il tempo cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto. Poi dal nulla abbiamo catturato [USER = 36828] @PhoenixNightrain [/ USER] (cosa è successo amico? Avevi un enorme vantaggio su di noi). Mentre ci spintonavamo tutti per aggirare il tornante in cima alla collina, Berno e Milusan si sono quasi toccati e sono riuscito a sgattaiolare oltre Milusan e poi Phoenix per portarmi al 3 ° posto. I tre giri successivi sono stati i giri più snervanti in cui penso di essere mai stato coinvolto, dato che abbiamo corso tutti a decimi l'uno dall'altro dietro quasi ogni curva. Anche in questo caso la difesa di Berni è stata incredibile e non sono riuscito a superarlo, mentre Milusan mi è stato addosso per tutto il tempo cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto. Poi dal nulla abbiamo catturato [USER = 36828] @PhoenixNightrain [/ USER] (cosa è successo amico? Avevi un enorme vantaggio su di noi). Mentre ci spintonavamo tutti per aggirare il tornante in cima alla collina, Berno e Milusan si sono quasi toccati e sono riuscito a sgattaiolare oltre Milusan e poi Phoenix per portarmi al 3 ° posto. I tre giri successivi sono stati i giri più snervanti in cui penso di essere mai stato coinvolto, dato che abbiamo corso tutti a decimi l'uno dall'altro dietro quasi ogni curva. Anche in questo caso la difesa di Berni è stata sorprendente e non sono riuscito a superarlo, mentre Milusan mi è stato addosso per tutto il tempo cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto. Mentre ci spintonavamo tutti per aggirare il tornante in cima alla collina, Berno e Milusan si sono quasi toccati e sono riuscito a sgattaiolare oltre Milusan e poi Phoenix per portarmi al 3 ° posto. I tre giri successivi sono stati i giri più snervanti in cui penso di essere mai stato coinvolto, dato che correvamo tutti a decimi l'uno dall'altro dietro quasi ogni curva. Anche in questo caso la difesa di Berni è stata incredibile e non sono riuscito a superarlo, mentre Milusan mi è stato addosso per tutto il tempo cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto. Mentre ci spintonavamo tutti per aggirare il tornante in cima alla collina, Berno e Milusan si sono quasi toccati e sono riuscito a sgattaiolare oltre Milusan e poi Phoenix per portarmi al 3 ° posto. I tre giri successivi sono stati i giri più snervanti in cui penso di essere mai stato coinvolto, dato che abbiamo corso tutti a decimi l'uno dall'altro dietro quasi ogni curva. Anche in questo caso la difesa di Berni è stata incredibile e non sono riuscito a superarlo, mentre Milusan mi è stato addosso cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto. mentre per tutto il tempo Milusan mi è stato addosso cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto. mentre per tutto il tempo Milusan mi è stato addosso cercando di fare lo stesso. Alla fine il cronometro è scaduto e con enorme sollievo ho scoperto di essere rimasto al terzo posto.

Grazie sia a Berno che a Milusan per probabilmente la migliore gara in cui ho mai avuto l'onore di essere coinvolto. Massiccio Berno ben fatto in particolare per averci tenuto a bada entrambi per quasi tutta la gara.

Congratulazioni anche a [USER = 45194] @ Luche109 [/ USER] ovviamente per la sua vittoria. Sei stato troppo bravo oggi amico. E mi scuso di nuovo con Monkeymeg per il rubinetto all'inizio.

Ecco il mio video se vuoi guardare la battaglia:

[MEDIA = youtube] iA6L6x8llcM [/ MEDIA]
Thanks you the nice words, that is an excellent competition with fairness.

BernoR_21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Q: 4th (@Phoenix: you qualified as 3rd). I was happy with my 42.7 alltough it was .5s form my personal best. The day before in the practice race I was stuck in te 43s.

R: 2nd
I was just a little late on the throttle at the start while @Phoenix did seem to launch. He took 2nd place form @turborat before turn 1. I took the outside line in turn 1 to hold speed and stay out of trouble. Was sideways with @turborat through turn 2 and approaching turn 3 we gave eachother room to both have a good run. In the first lap I had immense pressure from @Milusan in his Porsche. We were very close with Phoenix. Turborat, me and Milusan within 1,5 second. After lap 1 I could breath again with a tiny gap to Milusan; it was just 1.5s. Turborat was on the tail of Phoenix. I felt we could go some faster but knew we would need a mistake of Phoenix to be able to pass. Around lap 5 Turborat lifted slightly in turn 4 getting to close to Phoenix and that made him spin. I was right behind and had to slow down and predict when and were to pass him witout running into him. Felt gutted for Turborat because he was fast all week and was unlucky at Bathurst and Monza.

Phoenix seemed to find more pace. I started to struglle at some corners. He managed to pull a gap. Only after 20 minutes I realized my brakebalance was 2% off. In meanwhile @Milusan was all the time on my tail. Less than a second. Sometimes just 0.3 behind we drove lap after lap. In free air Milusan was quicker. We had such a nice battle - lap after lap. Never even touched. Phoenix pitted just before halfway. I decided to stay out. Milusan kept the pressure on. He had a better exit from turn 3. I was a allready to the left approaching turn 4 and saw in my mirror he was making a move on the inside and was committed. Very nice move there! Side by side through turn 4 and for a second I hoped to come in front again approaching turn 5. No... Milusan was in front so I could not make that move. After another lap I decided to pit. Milusan pitted later.

After my pitstop I was in 3rd place behind Phoenix. There was a 3s gap to @Meester_Bond_WHG. Approaching fast on allready warm tyres. @Milusan was just behind MeesterBond. It did not take long and Both Meesterbond and Milusan were on my tail. Then there followed a 25min battle. We were so close and driving was so fair and clean. Some laps when the gap was just enough I could focus on fast laps but with one tiny mistake I had to switch to more defending drive. It was so tense. Like @Meesterbond mentioned in his comments... It was for me one of the best races I ever had. So close. So fair.

At some moment suddenly Phoenix was there in front of us. I had been so focused on what was happing behind me that at first did not know if he made a mistake of was going slower. It was some tense overtake with the three of us going downhill. But again without a scratch of paint. In the end there was a very scary moment where Meesterbond was behind me approaching the final section he seemed to miss his braking point but managed not to hit me but ran wide. Phew.... o_O ... That was some moment. Last laps were so tense that I did not hear the announcement of the last lap. The checkered flag came as a suprise. With @Meesterbond and @Milusan still within a second. WHAT A RACE! :) .

Congrats to @Luche109 - great drive! @PhoenixNightrain: what a shame you made a fuel calculation mistake - you deserved this podium! @Milusan and @Meester_Bond_WHG, big thanks for this awesome race and great driving. I hope to have more of these. This is exactly the reason I race in this AOR league!

ScottyMac

Formula 4 Test Driver
I was a bit nervous last week of saving replays as I heard similar about crashing but I've never seen it myself and figured down in 16th place not much to lose!

I have save replay mapped to a button. It basically just saves the last 2 laps / 3½-4 mins. It does stutter for a split second (nowhere near as bad as when a car joins the server) so I tend to do it on a straight.
You get 11 slots for replays, so I regularly clear them, it should overwrite but just in case

I've attempted this but couldn't find where to see the highlights? Are they supposed to be in the console storage area or do you have to a further record of gameplay while you watch the highlights?

ScottyMac

Formula 4 Test Driver
Q: 4th, good result but blew my fastest lap

R: Had a very good start and managed to gain two places from the start to T1. I won‘t accept that this was mainly due to a lighter car...

Managed to pull a good gap to @BernoR_21 after he initially was on my tails. Unfortunately couldn‘t quite follow @Luche109 ‘s pace, on track. Tried an undercut and came within a second of his rear. Then he stepped on it again and i had a bad feeling creeping up my mind when i looked at dropping fuel-level and remaining thime. Ooooh nooo! I had a blackout when i fueled my car. Had enough for a 55min race, so had to start saving early. Wasn‘t early enough, as i came to a standstill on the uphill-finish-straight with fireworks and smokes in sight. I was fuming, too! At my mistake. At least i got classified. Am now very pessimistic about finishing another one on podium. Shame! Let‘s see.

congrats all to mastering the dark, African night in Kyalami. And especially to the podium guys!

And sorry for being a rolling obstacle for the last laps... and a standing one in the end.
Ah, this makes sense now... I came down to the last corner and at the last minute saw a car stopped in road and nearly out-braked myself in surprise. The graphics in game are so bad that I couldn't see lights so you were almost invisible!

ScottyMac

Formula 4 Test Driver
I would usually do a big write up for each race but work commitments have made finding time difficult this week, so this'll be a slightly condensed version.

My performance and pace seems to have gone backwards since Bathurst and I have no explanation. I'm so desperate that I'm starting to let thoughts of superstition creep in... @Milusan can I have my race number back please!?

So, Kyalami...

Q: 15th. Oh dear.

R: After a frightening practice race the previous day which saw many kamikaze Ferrari drivers wreck my safety rating, I was feeling pessimistic about our tier race - this had been my first race at this track and I couldn't believe how much every driver and car differed in lines, corner speeds, braking points, etc. So I made a point to start our race cautiously. A little bit too cautiously it seems, as I went from 15th to 18th at the first corner. Not a great start but no contact on lap 1. I saw a couple of cars off the side of the track as I pootled around, so by the end of lap 1, I was back to 15th.

Following @Ayresii1995 on lap 2, I couldn't see very far up the road (the graphics really are awful aren't they!?) but the timing window suggested a gaggle of cars in front, still all very close, so I decided to sit and watch and see where I might attempt a pass. I almost got caught out by how early @iDrasnop and @Ayresii1995 were on the brakes up to the hairpin at the top of the hill and found myself overlapping @Ayresii1995 on the inside but I backed out of it straight away as there isn't a lot of space through the middle of the corner - there'll be time for an attack later. Or will there?... around the next right hander at the bottom of the hill it looked like there was an incident just occurring and @iDrasnop and @John_G were sliding off track. I was already on full lock for that corner and thought I should be OK by staying a bit further right than I normally do but, it wasn't enough and @John_G 's nose just tapped my back end as I passed and it sent me into a spin and stall. Didn't look like there was much @John_G could do about it, it was just a racing incident. I then had to wait for the next couple of cars to pass before re-joining so that was me back to being dead last again with more than 5 seconds to make up to the next competitor. This is becoming a theme of my races.

If I'd had the pace of my team mate @Meester_Bond_WHG, I might have had a chance to get a decent result out of it but, because I was really struggling for pace, it was just a case of doing the laps and hoping for others' misfortune - we've all had similar thoughts so I won't apologise for it! :ROFLMAO:.

Due to the aforementioned misfortune of others, I was up to 15th by lap 6 and had a couple of laps behind @Flabbs until we both out-braked ourselves into the high hairpin and ran a bit wide - looks like he got on the marbles on the outside and lost the backend, sending him into the barrier on the left. I scraped through unharmed.

Lap 10 saw me catch a lapped @iDrasnop who leapt out of the way - thanks.

After my pit stop I found myself behind @turborat and @AnAngryPidgeon but It didn't look like I would be able to catch them so when @Luche109 started catching me, I pulled over to let him through. It was really difficult to tell how close anyone was behind so I probably didn't need to pull over where I did but I didn't want to risk holding up the leader. This lost me around 2 seconds to @AnAngryPidgeon. Next to appear behind would be @PhoenixNightrain but he wasn't catching me so I kept going as I was. I actually caught back up with @Luche109 so I'm not sure if he had a moment somewhere?

For a number of laps, I chased Angry but couldn't make a dent in his 4 second lead. That was until he started being held up in a battle with @silverfox and @Ayresii1995. @AnAngryPidgeon made his move and passed @Ayresii1995 at the high hairpin on lap 22 so now it was my turn to have a go. It wasn't until the start of lap 25 that I was able to get things going. He ran wide in the first corner and I got alongside. I stayed left to leave lots of room on the inside as he got a decent drive out of the corner but for some reason he pulled left before turning right so I got a hefty side on shunt. No signs of damage, so good to continue. I got a good run on him up the hill towards the high hairpin and knew he would defend on the inside, so I deliberately stayed right, hoping his shallow angle would slow him through the corner and I could get a run on him down the hill. However, just as we start braking, he moved right and made contact with my front end, sending him spinning off the track to the right. Unfortunate, but I left loads of room on the inside. That was 11th place locked in.

From then on to the finish, I was just about surviving. My normal low fuel understeer was back and I couldn't maintain a pace so was losing a couple of seconds a lap to @AJohanzon. Another 5 minutes of racing and he would have caught me!

Oh, and then there was the mysterious black car that was haunting the last corner which freaked me out enough to almost lose it. Don't worry, it wasn't a ghostly apparition, it was @PhoenixNightrain running out of fuel!

Summary:

Another disappointing event.

Congrats to podium, particularly to @Luche109 for the first win... feels like it's been overdue for some time.

Last thought - The game really does need some updating by the developers to make it so we can see detail of cars in distance and in mirrors.

Milusan

Semi-Pro Karter
I would usually do a big write up for each race but work commitments have made finding time difficult this week, so this'll be a slightly condensed version.

My performance and pace seems to have gone backwards since Bathurst and I have no explanation. I'm so desperate that I'm starting to let thoughts of superstition creep in... @Milusan can I have my race number back please!?

So, Kyalami...

R: After a frightening practice race the previous day which saw many kamikaze Ferrari drivers wreck my safety rating, I was feeling pessimistic about our tier race - this had been my first race at this track and I couldn't believe how much every driver and car differed in lines, corner speeds, braking points, etc. So I made a point to start our race cautiously. A little bit too cautiously it seems, as I went from 15th to 18th at the first corner. Not a great start but no contact on lap 1. I saw a couple of cars off the side of the track as I pootled around, so by the end of lap 1, I was back to 15th.

Following @Ayresii1995 on lap 2, I couldn't see very far up the road (the graphics really are awful aren't they!?) but the timing window suggested a gaggle of cars in front, still all very close, so I decided to sit and watch and see where I might attempt a pass. I almost got caught out by how early @iDrasnop and @Ayresii1995 were on the brakes up to the hairpin at the top of the hill and found myself overlapping @Ayresii1995 on the inside but I backed out of it straight away as there isn't a lot of space through the middle of the corner - there'll be time for an attack later. Or will there?... around the next right hander at the bottom of the hill it looked like there was an incident just occurring and @iDrasnop and @John_G were sliding off track. I was already on full lock for that corner and thought I should be OK by staying a bit further right than I normally do but, it wasn't enough and @John_G 's nose just tapped my back end as I passed and it sent me into a spin and stall. Didn't look like there was much @John_G could do about it, it was just a racing incident. I then had to wait for the next couple of cars to pass before re-joining so that was me back to being dead last again with more than 5 seconds to make up to the next competitor. This is becoming a theme of my races.

If I'd had the pace of my team mate @Meester_Bond_WHG, I might have had a chance to get a decent result out of it but, because I was really struggling for pace, it was just a case of doing the laps and hoping for others' misfortune - we've all had similar thoughts so I won't apologise for it! :ROFLMAO:.

Due to the aforementioned misfortune of others, I was up to 15th by lap 6 and had a couple of laps behind @Flabbs until we both out-braked ourselves into the high hairpin and ran a bit wide - looks like he got on the marbles on the outside and lost the backend, sending him into the barrier on the left. I scraped through unharmed.

After my pit stop I found myself behind @turborat and @AnAngryPidgeon but It didn't look like I would be able to catch them so when @Luche109 started catching me, I pulled over to let him through. It was really difficult to tell how close anyone was behind so I probably didn't need to pull over where I did but I didn't want to risk holding up the leader. This lost me around 2 seconds to @AnAngryPidgeon. Next to appear behind would be @PhoenixNightrain but he wasn't catching me so I kept going as I was. I actually caught back up with @Luche109 so I'm not sure if he had a moment somewhere?

For a number of laps, I chased Angry but couldn't make a dent in his 4 second lead. That was until he started being held up in a battle with @silverfox and @Ayresii1995. @AnAngryPidgeon made his move and passed @Ayresii1995 at the high hairpin on lap 22 so now it was my turn to have a go. It wasn't until the start of lap 25 that I was able to get things going. He ran wide in the first corner and I got alongside. I stayed left to leave lots of room on the inside as he got a decent drive out of the corner but for some reason he pulled left before turning right so I got a hefty side on shunt. No signs of damage, so good to continue. I got a good run on him up the hill towards the high hairpin and knew he would defend on the inside, so I deliberately stayed right, hoping his shallow angle would slow him through the corner and I could get a run on him down the hill. However, just as we start braking, he moved right and made contact with my front end, sending him spinning off the track to the right. Unfortunate, but I left loads of room on the inside. That was 11th place locked in.

Da quel momento in poi fino al traguardo, stavo solo per sopravvivere. Il mio normale sottosterzo a basso consumo di carburante era tornato e non riuscivo a mantenere un ritmo, quindi stavo perdendo un paio di secondi al giro contro [USER = 51885] @AJohanzon [/ USER]. Altri 5 minuti di corsa e mi avrebbe beccato!

Oh, e poi c'era la misteriosa macchina nera che infestava l'ultima curva che mi ha spaventato abbastanza da quasi perderla. Non preoccuparti, non era un'apparizione spettrale, era [USER = 36828] @PhoenixNightrain [/ USER] a corto di carburante!

Sommario:

Un altro evento deludente.

Congratulazioni per il podio, in particolare a [USER = 45194] @ Luche109 [/ USER] per la prima vittoria ... sembra che fosse in ritardo da un po 'di tempo.

Ultimo pensiero: il gioco ha davvero bisogno di un aggiornamento da parte degli sviluppatori per farlo in modo da poter vedere i dettagli delle auto in lontananza e negli specchietti.

[MEDIA = youtube] AleS43MN854 [/ MEDIA]
Sorry

So, Kyalami...

From then on to the finish, I was just about surviving. My normal low fuel understeer was back and I couldn't maintain a pace so was losing a couple of seconds a lap to @AJohanzon. Another 5 minutes of racing and he would have caught me!

Oh, and then there was the mysterious black car that was haunting the last corner which freaked me out enough to almost lose it. Don't worry, it wasn't a ghostly apparition, it was @PhoenixNightrain running out of fuel!

Summary:

Another disappointing event.

Congrats to podium, particularly to @Luche109 for the first win... feels like it's been overdue for some time.

Last thought - The game really does need some updating by the developers to make it so we can see detail of cars in distance and in mirrors.

sorry, i’ll change it right away