PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Evaluation Race 1 - 4/2/2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Evaluation Race 1 - 4/2/2020

oqvist

Formula Karter
Jan 21, 2020
I started being serious at the time of GTR and driven pretty much everything since then. But every new sim you are a complete newbie though so past experience doesn´t really help any sadly.

I remember AC being much simpler but I was younger then probably just that...

Bechir Andrei

Pro Karter
Jul 27, 2019
Hey guys, I singed up for this one but yesterday night my internet was down, couldn't make it to the race...hope it is ok and hopefully I won't get in any sort of problems today and I'll be able to join Eval. Race 2.

Reactions: VoodooChild

Steve Allan

GP2 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
@Steve Allan that Audi in PC2, iRacing, and ACC is a killer, get rid of it ASAP unless you are Alien. It's like the Lexus, things go well until they just don't... Lexus the drop off mid race 100% equaled Alien hands for me unless it was a wet race!
Well, this is why I’m using these races (including the Social one) as a test to see which car is right for me, let’s just say that the Audi is at the bottom of my choices now.

Which is a shame really because when the car isn’t trying to take your life with a chainsaw, it’s a really nice car to drive.

Steve Allan

GP2 1st Driver
May 12, 2019
Hey guys, I singed up for this one but yesterday night my internet was down, couldn't make it to the race...hope it is ok and hopefully I won't get in any sort of problems today and I'll be able to join Eval. Race 2.
I believe there is a final one on Friday night as well. So if anything happens tonight you’ve got a final chance to do the race.

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I maybe got some slow puncture believe I got some such message early but I could still run for 55 minutes so could hardly be that? Maybe it was just that I couldn´t keep the heat in the tires as temperature dropped. From high 27s to 24 in psi at the end.
that is weird, did it happen on all 4 tires?
27 to 24 on one tire seems likely if it suffered a slow puncture, but all 4 is strange unless the track got damp (and doesn't seem possible with these server settings)

Daniel Monteiro

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2020
I also feel my TT times don't represent my real pace, and I was at the bottom times of being in Tier 2 anyway, so I think best to drop a Tier down for Evaluation race 2.
Thank you all for the race, see you again tonight!

Reactions: Joaocastella78

Backe Gabrielsen

Formula Karter
May 18, 2018
It was really a lot of fun being back in AORland, until 4th lap when I decided to kill myself into a wall :D But anyway, was a lot of fun, and @AndrexUK did a good job making the drivers sweat a little bit extra :)

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
ok...nice race...my pace as i had it and expected to be...no difference between my offline practice and online like in PC2.
But I have a question for most experienced users in ACC about tyres. I noticed it during my test offline race with AI, and same for online race: After the end I checked my tyres and (left side is more on load at this track) FL was about 1.6 wear?!?! So, almost dead I beleive (3mm new and about 1,5mm time to change as i know?!) I had also lost a grip a quite early, not so much but but could feel it well-so is it my bad car control or is realy lifetime on this track about 1h+ a little for slicks?!!??
thx in advance

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
You should be able to get an hour out of a set of tires, but the longer races would probably be best to change (You will likely need fuel, and since tires + Fuel are serviced at the same time, you essentially get a free set of fresh tires.

Towards the end of a 1 hour race, without changing (ie if there is no mandatory stop required) then the laptimes will drop, but should be the same for everyone.
One thing I would maybe suggest, is to push up the ABS setting a little higher, as it might be scrubbing the tires when locking up.
Seamed to make a difference for me, and saved tire wear, without really having any effect on lap times.

• Friendly
Reactions: D.Brezancic

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Thanks to all the coordinators for organizing last nights race. Definitely the furthest I've driven in a single session so far in the game so it was interesting to get to experience the tyre drop off and slight changes in the car.

My race went alright. Was happy with my pace at reasonable points but just made the odd little mistake that put me off onto the grass due to a bit of lack of practice on the track. Think I dipped the outside wheel on the entry to T3 on the grass in the braking zone 2 or 3 times which slid me straight off and cost me numerous positions lol. Didn't touch anyone so was happy with that, just looking forward now to the season starting.

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
STARTED TO PRACTICE A LITTLE NOW, BUT AFTER HOT FIX (1.3.1) GAME CRASHES TRYING TO SAVE SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
update: according to official forum issue has been reporterd!

Last edited:

Furgee

Junior Karter
Jan 30, 2020
ok...nice race...my pace as i had it and expected to be...no difference between my offline practice and online like in PC2.
But I have a question for most experienced users in ACC about tyres. I noticed it during my test offline race with AI, and same for online race: After the end I checked my tyres and (left side is more on load at this track) FL was about 1.6 wear?!?! So, almost dead I beleive (3mm new and about 1,5mm time to change as i know?!) I had also lost a grip a quite early, not so much but but could feel it well-so is it my bad car control or is realy lifetime on this track about 1h+ a little for slicks?!!??
thx in advance
I had FL at 1.92mm after the race so i guess it's related to a different driving style or as someone said different ABS setting. I ran the race on ABS 10 in the AMG but in previous CP races i ran ABS on 1 or 2 and had the same wear level so more about driving style or maybe you messed up the car setup :)

• Informative

oqvist

Formula Karter
Jan 21, 2020
that is weird, did it happen on all 4 tires?
27 to 24 on one tire seems likely if it suffered a slow puncture, but all 4 is strange unless the track got damp (and doesn't seem possible with these server settings)
It was front left first then rear left some time after that. Front left was just after the kerbs in T1 I believe. I do believe the spotter actually said slow puncture at least on the front left but not sure maybe I just got paranoid. Rear left maybe just complained about the tire pressure not sure. The tires was being shown as mostly yellow.

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
thx in advance
WOW 1.6 wear, tyre is almost gone.
I didn't try a full race in these conditions, but i know temperature is quite high, so that might be one of the causes.
Seems like tyres management is really a challenge in these eval race conditions (evil coordinators!) :unsure:

• Agree

oqvist

Formula Karter
Jan 21, 2020
Is there a way to check tire wear in log files or something? I forgot to check mine yesterday.

NynS

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 23, 2019
I have to say baring three spins (I’m blaming the Audi for that and a slight prang with someone) the racing in server 4 was excellent (after someone had a tangle in the formation lap) and I had some good pace for once.

Tbh @morphee7 joked that I must really hate Brands, but I’ve come out of race one this week actually excited for the new season, and I feel sorry for @NynS as well, cause I saw him slide off the track a bunch of times (I think that could be down to car choice, the Lambo is a very unforgiving car, perhaps more so that the R8 Evo)
I was actually pretty stable until Dirty Harry and I had a racing incident and I had to pit for repairs. Then I left the pits without limiter, then I entered the pits without limiter, leading to two more stop and go's, and when I didn't have any fights whatsoever I tried to drive different lines, trying to find a quicker way through some corners, leading to spins etc.

But you guys are a second a lap quicker than I and pass me on straights by +20km/h difference. I thought this was #4? :D