PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - Evaluation Race 2 - 5/2/2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - Evaluation Race 2 - 5/2/2020

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
ayyy that was fun! Well actually I was driving like a complete beginner and idiot, buuuuuut well. :cautious:

sorry @Gurken Koenig for that formation lap punt... just saw the car in front of us spinning, made the mistake of focussing on him aaand didn't see you brake :cry:
btw: I saw on discord that you were talking but unfortunately we couldn't hear you!

aaaaaaaaand sorry @Flicony for that turn 1 tap. Touched the inside grass and went on sliding to the outside. Into you unfortunately. fml :/

well apart from that some good things? I guess? I was able to keep the pace of P1&2 for a few laps and decided to go allin or nothing just to test my boundaries. Spun 4 or 5 times, had to pit for 1 minute and did the last 20 minutes with a damaged car. I blame it on my PC2 Huracán driving style, which is "100% throttle or no throttle at all" :poop:

But I'm slowly gaining confidence in ACC, considering I only managed to drive 15 laps or so in that car on brands and maybe 50 in total in ACC combining to less than 20 hours ingame altogether :geek:

Steve Allan

F1 Test Driver
May 12, 2019
I honestly don't know what happened in the formation lap in Server 3, however, I had perhaps one of my best races on AOR and ACC. Started in P20 and thought through the field to come in at P9. Had some really good battles with the likes of Fonseca and Kpabyehok (Really sorry if I butchered the spelling, taking it off the replay), and the car only misbehaved when I missed my braking markers/tires started to die on me.

However, I want to say the racing was fun and I'm really looking forward to the season if the quality of racing in the lower servers from both nights are anything to go by

I'm probably going to give the racing a miss for the next few days because I've now got a choice to make between the Nissan or the Aston Martin.

oqvist

Formula Karter
Jan 21, 2020
Thanks for the race. Switched the car to the Bentley and it made wonder in the confidence it would stick and not backstab me. Got the tire pressures right and it was like a train compared to yesterday.

Lorda171

Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
I had a lovely race on server no.2 , indeed, from P10 to P3 and back to 14 :D o_O pitting because of fuel and my BMW destroyed front tires to dust , i have to admit , M6 is really not that good :D but hammer on straights , with one desperate flashing porsche behind me :D (annoying af , i did mistakes not because lights but because tires went KIA)
but overall , one of the best races in ACC so far , as im new here , im having great time so far :)

Reactions: BDG_Geo

Daniel Monteiro

Pro Karter
Jan 23, 2020
A good race today on the second server, the pace of all drivers was very close which made for good racing!

Got a sticking throttle and had to pit for repairs, and was happy to more or less hang on similar pace as the leaders as I came out... but that came at the expense of intensive curb abuse, and resulted in a right rear puncture a few corners from the end :poop:

Thanks again to the organizers, see you at the next one :D

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
ayyy that was fun! Well actually I was driving like a complete beginner and idiot, buuuuuut well. :cautious:

sorry @Gurken Koenig for that formation lap punt... just saw the car in front of us spinning, made the mistake of focussing on him aaand didn't see you brake :cry:
btw: I saw on discord that you were talking but unfortunately we couldn't hear you!

aaaaaaaaand sorry @Flicony for that turn 1 tap. Touched the inside grass and went on sliding to the outside. Into you unfortunately. fml :/
Sorry if i make an example of you buddy, but as a former AOR champion you *ought* to be an example for new drivers and... you should know better ;)
According to new stewarding rules ( https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/how-to-make-a-stewards-enquiry.59837/ ), you would have got:

+15 points for causing a moderate avoidable collision
+10 points Causing Formation Lap incident
-5 points for position returned ((y))
and
+15 points for causing a moderate avoidable collision
+ 5 points - Causing Lap 1 Turn 1 avoidable incident
-5 points for position returned ((y))

= 35 total penalty points

this is the penalty system:
If you accumulate 15 points, you will be awarded a Race Drive Through the following round
If you accumulate 25 points, you will be awarded a Stop&Go 30 Sec the following round <----- you would be here
If you accumulate 40 points, you will be awarded a Race Ban the following round
If you accumulate 50 points, your league status will be put under review, with the likely outcome of being removed from the league.

Again, this is not intended as "public shaming" but as a reminder to all the drivers in the league that even small mistakes will have big consequences, just like in real life racing (although in our case it's cheaper to fix the cars ;) )

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
Sorry if i make an example of you buddy, but as a former AOR champion you *ought* to be an example for new drivers and... you should know better ;)
Again, this is not intended as "public shaming" but as a reminder to all the drivers in the league that even small mistakes will have big consequences, just like in real life racing (although in our case it's cheaper to fix the cars ;) )
Seriously I find this "public shaming" absolutely appropriate! Nothing to be sorry about, this is just a prime example.

As you mentioned I should definitely know better and I take every blame I would get if this race were part of the championship. Just a reminder: I probably would've destroyed the race for TWO of the top 5 drivers in that case.
I blame it solely on my lack of experience in ACC but more importantly on my inability to judge my skills from only one other game, which is PC2.

You should make your post mandatory to read for everybody :D

Steve Allan

F1 Test Driver
May 12, 2019
Seriously I find this "public shaming" absolutely appropriate! Nothing to be sorry about, this is just a prime example.

As you mentioned I should definitely know better and I take every blame I would get if this race were part of the championship. Just a reminder: I probably would've destroyed the race for TWO of the top 5 drivers in that case.
I blame it solely on my lack of experience in ACC but more importantly on my inability to judge my skills from only one other game, which is PC2.

You should make your post mandatory to read for everybody :D
I second the idea of using what was Voodoo mentioned here as an example for all the tier's general discussions.

From what I saw a lot during my short time in Season two was stewards enquires about the formation lap (mostly in the Elite tier, I only saw one instance of this in Tier 4), and while yes accidents happen and people can actually say "Yeah we know what we've got to do" seeing this broken down might actually reduce the amount of puntarino's in Formation laps.

Also, on a personal note Stephan, once you get to use the ACC and use to a couple of the car's you'll honestly start to feel at home with it.

Reactions: StephenCarry

iOgus

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2016
Thanks for the race in Server one last night all.

Despite not noticing until lap 5 or 6 that my throttle pedal was only going giving me about 80% fully depressed (I was slightly confused as to why people were just driving past me in a straight line, I thought jeez, these guys are fast ) I waited until Lap 30 to pit as i didn’t want to come out and be right in the mix and disturb the guys upfront.

it was fun. But I don’t feel I put myself in the best light pace wise for 30 odd laps lol. Did someone say there was another Eval race tomorrow night? (07/02).

look forward to racing with you all again

• Agree
Reactions: VoodooChild