PC - ACC GT3 Season 3 - General Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ACC GT3 Season 3 - General Discussion

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
I think (and I can only talk about my experience in Tier 5) I had one race affected by poor ping levels. However I’ve raced a ton of times on ACC on the servers here and not had any dodgy disconnects baring two races and one of those was due to virgin media being awful (and some choice four letter words) near the end of the contract.

As for the game in general. Every time they release a major update they’ve improved on what their issues was before hand and when the GT4 DLC is released (I think around summer time, but that could be delayed due to the current pandemic going on) I would expect more changes either major or minor ones.

Also, if you can afford it, get the DLC that’s out at the moment, it’ll give you another four tracks as well and in the UK it’s priced around £12ish (I cannot remember the actual price)

edit: It’s £12.49 so convert that to whatever your currency is (I’m guessing that would be either dollars or euros).

• Useful
Reactions: Chechum

Fabio Pittol

Junior Karter
Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys, just a quick (and probably silly) question: is there any practical way to be notified by a Season 4? Or should I just check this forum often?

While at it, I asked at some Competition Servers for great leagues at the level we were at (at the server), and some guys recommended AOR, so here I am. But I'm from Brazil, our ping to the US isn't perfect, as I manage to play without major problems on CP Servers, but I'm not sure if you have any restrictions.

Cheers!

Marlon Andrade

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 15, 2019
Hello fellow Brazilian racer =)

Normally when a new season is about to start the organisers mark people that raced on previous seasons, so there's probably a way an organiser can add your user name to a next season interested list =)

Re pings, do a speedtest (www.speedtest.net) to any of the UK servers, and in general it is recommended to have a ping < 150ms. Exceptions are evaluated individually, the best way to check is just to join a social race together with people from here when a coordinator is also online. Keep an eye on the community events forum and join discord, thats the best way to keep an eye on the next events =)

Before season 4, currently a mini IGTC mini season with single maker Lambo RE-X is about to start (first race Today in a few hours), so if you have interest and still have time to do a few laps prior to the race take a look at the community events forum posts about it. I guess also in May we probably will have a new endurance event.

Fabio Pittol

Junior Karter
Apr 14, 2020
Hey Marlon,

Thanks a lot for the clarifications! I'll definitely join and keep an eye on the Discord channel. Though I'm not sure I can make it to today's IGTC event, it sounds very fun. I'll check the next ones.

About the ping stuff, whenever ACC Quick Join put me on european servers, the ping was aweful, above 200ms, and I simply just stopped trying. Gladly my SA was enough already to join the US CP Servers, but the ping is always between 130-180ms. Actually, as a Brazilian as well, if you have any tips on how to reduce it (if it's even possible) I'd welcome them.

Marlon Andrade

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 15, 2019
Hey Marlon,

Thanks a lot for the clarifications! I'll definitely join and keep an eye on the Discord channel. Though I'm not sure I can make it to today's IGTC event, it sounds very fun. I'll check the next ones.

About the ping stuff, whenever ACC Quick Join put me on european servers, the ping was aweful, above 200ms, and I simply just stopped trying. Gladly my SA was enough already to join the US CP Servers, but the ping is always between 130-180ms. Actually, as a Brazilian as well, if you have any tips on how to reduce it (if it's even possible) I'd welcome them.
Unfortunately I can't help u much on that since I live in the Netherlands.

All current ACC AOR leagues are hosted on UK servers, so the best approach would be just to give a try on any social race. Search for the `Hivemind` servers, they are from AOR people and is a public 75+ SA lobby that normally AOR people use to practice/race together. There are a few people from US/Canada and others from South Africa that race here and they have a higher ping (sometimes 150+) and it works fine, the most important is for the ping to be stable over time.

Reactions: Fabio Pittol